ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Guilford vs. Burlington Williams

GSO-Triple5

Dec 5, 2010
Greensboro, N.C.
Since Southwest mopped the floor with Cox Mill by thirty, I can't see Williams making a lot of noise in this event, but one never knows. Hats off to both squads for an outstanding season. Good luck to the Southwest Cowboys.

If SWG comes to play their game as they have for all 31 this year, and is able to control emotions and not come out too hyped, they will absolutely beat the hell out of Williams. Just being honest.

This will not be a game. The Championship game was vs Cox Mill in which they won by 30 and could have won by 50...

I'm hesitant to say a team than knocked out Durham Hillside has no chance, but SW Guilford hasn't had a close game all year, so got to be the heavy favorite.

SWG by 40. Are they potentially going to the Dick's Sporting Goods Champions vs Champions event in New York? I could see them beat a few national recognized teams

SWG by 40. Are they potentially going to the Dick's Sporting Goods Champions vs Champions event in New York? I could see them beat a few national recognized teams

I do not think the NCHSAA participates. Myers Park girls were invited a few years ago but unable to participate. A lot of states do not allow. I think the school should be allowed to participate after the season is complete.

I think it would be a good matchup with SWG and West Charlotte after watching the two play Saturday. (Look forward to seeing if WC can handle South Central.) If SWG runs into a team that has a lot of quickness on the perimeter and athletic big guys, at least one in the 6'8 range it would give them some trouble. WC has this but not sure the quickness at guard is enough although they have size and strength. SWG game is based on the quickness at the perimeter. It disrupts the other teams offense starting and they are able to penetrate either finishing or dishing on their side of the court. SWG and WC are two of the most fun teams I have watched play in a long time. I have watched Cox Mill several times and their guard play is weak for an elite team and their outside shooting is not that much above average. Spelled doom for them when SWG started putting the pressure on up top. When CM got behind AAUitis crept in and they went crazy.

Last edited:
I do not think the NCHSAA participates. Myers Park girls were invited a few years ago but unable to participate. A lot of states do not allow. I think the school should be allowed to participate after the season is complete.

I think it would be a good matchup with SWG and West Charlotte after watching the two play Saturday. (Look forward to seeing if WC can handle South Central. If SWG runs into a team that has a lot of quickness on the perimeter and athletic big guys, at least one in the 6'8 range it would give them some trouble. WC has this but not sure the quickness at guard is enough although they have size and strength. SWG game is based on the quickness at the perimeter. It disrupts the other teams offense starting and they are able to penetrate either finishing or dishing on their side of the court. SWG and WC are two of the most fun teams I have watched play in a long time. I have watched Cox Mill several times and their guard play is weak for an elite team and their outside shooting is not that much above average. Spelled doom for them when SWG started putting the pressure on up top. When CM got behind AAUitis crept in and they went crazy.
There are times when nchsaa needs to step up and times to step out. After season, it should be none of their business. It would make nc look good in general to see one of their teams compete on a national level. Get your heads out of your rear ends, and pay attention to what is going on around you. They try to control too many things like they are parents or something, but honestly they could not teach a cat to use the litter box!! Grow up!

There has to be some regulation! If it an athletic even sponsored by the school it is there business 365. I think this should be allowed but I think all things should be reviewed instead of rubber stamped. With every exception or the lightening of a rule you see teams / coaches push to the edge.

There has to be some regulation! If it an athletic even sponsored by the school it is there business 365. I think this should be allowed but I think all things should be reviewed instead of rubber stamped. With every exception or the lightening of a rule you see teams / coaches push to the edge.
If teams have eligible players, step out.

If teams have eligible players, step out.

Would you allow teams to play an unlimited number of games? Basketball to play in multiple tournaments through April? To travel out of state for multiple weeks? Would you allow football to play in a national playoff through end of January?

Would you allow teams to play an unlimited number of games? Basketball to play in multiple tournaments through April? To travel out of state for multiple weeks? Would you allow football to play in a national playoff through end of January?
Sure they play travel ball past April. So what's the difference. Most states play more games than nc anyway. It is about the athletes, not the nchsaa. That's the problem.

SW Guilford rolls in the championship!! They are a complete team and Langley twins are just winners.

Sure they play travel ball past April. So what's the difference. Most states play more games than nc anyway. It is about the athletes, not the nchsaa. That's the problem.

Most states play about the same amount of games as NC. The administrators seem to think it is about education and the welfare of the athlete.

I believe teams should be allowed to play more regular season games but I would prefer to see the season not start until the first week of December and finish a week sooner. (Would like to see less overlapping of the sport seasons.) Instead of 24 regular season games allow them to play 30. A state champion would play 36 games if they maxed out their schedule. I am not a big fan of the conference tournaments butvit does allow a team a chance to make up for a bad season. (Same on more games with other sports except football. Baseball definitely should have more with the pitch count rules.)

Most states play about the same amount of games as NC. The administrators seem to think it is about education and the welfare of the athlete.

I believe teams should be allowed to play more regular season games but I would prefer to see the season not start until the first week of December and finish a week sooner. (Would like to see less overlapping of the sport seasons.) Instead of 24 regular season games allow them to play 30. A state champion would play 36 games if they maxed out their schedule. I am not a big fan of the conference tournaments butvit does allow a team a chance to make up for a bad season. (Same on more games with other sports except football. Baseball definitely should have more with the pitch count rules.)
Most teams in va and Tenn play more games. I'm a fan of more games. Like starting earlier. Football should start earlier as well. I would rather see more high school games than travel ball games, which most basketball players do anyway after season

Most teams in va and Tenn play more games. I'm a fan of more games. Like starting earlier. Football should start earlier as well. I would rather see more high school games than travel ball games, which most basketball players do anyway after season
No games before December & play as many games up to 3 every week and no games before Dec. to give Football players a better chance to get in after Football season. These late starts hurt good teams that are still playing football. They need an even chance to start with everyone else !

I get the idea around wanting the best public schools a shot at these mythical national tournaments hosted in the spring. The issue here is overlap in seasons already. You start to approve games past state post season play it just creates a mess.

Most teams in va and Tenn play more games. I'm a fan of more games. Like starting earlier.

Publics In Tennessee and Virginia play right at the same amount of games as NC. When it is more it is may be two but I would say for the most part NC teams play more than Tennessee. A state finalist in NC will max out at 33 in most cases.

Football should not start earlier. It is too hot in the foothills and especially the southern areas of North Carolina from Charlotte to Wilmington. I can't see the NCHSAA or the schools ever approving that. JMO

Publics In Tennessee and Virginia play right at the same amount of games as NC. When it is more it is may be two but I would say for the most part NC teams play more than Tennessee. A state finalist in NC will max out at 33 in most cases.
Nc does not play more basketball games than Tenn. I live right on state line. I know what I'm talking about!!

Football should not start earlier. It is too hot in the foothills and especially the southern areas of North Carolina from Charlotte to Wilmington. I can't see the NCHSAA or the schools ever approving that. JMO
All 50 states have same problems, and they make it work just fine.

Southwest Guilford would blow the doors off West Charlotte.

That’s a fair opinion and what we think but I would like to see it. Matchups makes games. Never thought RJR would best North Meck or WC would Best the Demons by 40.

WC was terrible today but Williams nearly did not play due to illness. South Central has a big time big man and has very good guard play. Think that would be a good game with SWG. Expected Cox Mill to have difficulty with slow guard play and average, at best, outside shooting.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Nc does not play more basketball games than Tenn. I live right on state line. I know what I'm talking about!!

List the schools playing in the Tennessee State title games today and their records. I think they max out at 35 for a state finalist. NC 33. I have noticed state title teams from Tennessee with several less than 35.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT