ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Nash leads the way for 3a

It is a interesting argument. Anyone know the overall record between the East and West? In any or all classifications?

And you think East teams are not battle tested ? lol every team on havelock schedule except 2 is in the playoffs with a winning record

why even waste air with the Crest fans it is like talking to a wall. Just don’t even give them the time of day. Crest has enough to worry about there are a few teams that want Pay back on that Playoff matchup

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Dont tell them anything... Like the East hasn't won atleast 4 of the 9 titles in 3a this decade, and the possibility to split it even this year lol. Or like Wake hasn't DOMINATED 4aa the past 3 years lol

Nah I’m tired of them acting like havelock wouldn’t have dragged they ASS last year and this year lmao

Wallace rose hill is a 10 seed in the 2aa playoffs and they lost to wake forest by 2 tds and had over 400 yards rushing against them and they act like we care that Kings mountain is a 10 seed they a 10 seed cause they can’t handle when ppl have multiple athletes to compete with theirs

Like I said, we will see Dec 14th... Crest fans went missing the last few years, but of course one of them is waiting to bring up the head to head win in the Obama administration they have over us lol. We are a constant threat to any team in this state and will be for awhile, we don't fall off like most of the west teams

Nah I’m tired of them acting like havelock wouldn’t have dragged they ASS last year and this year lmao

Wallace rose hill is a 10 seed in the 2aa playoffs and they lost to wake forest by 2 tds and had over 400 yards rushing against them and they act like we care that Kings mountain is a 10 seed they a 10 seed cause they can’t handle when ppl have multiple athletes to compete with theirs

The bottom line is......The West is y’alls DADDY!

Like I said, we will see Dec 14th... Crest fans went missing the last few years, but of course one of them is waiting to bring up the head to head win in the Obama administration they have over us lol. We are a constant threat to any team in this state and will be for awhile, we don't fall off like most of the west teams

Hell did y’all even score a TD in that game? Lol. How many titles y’all have? 3....? Also what is the overall record (East Vs. West) ? Very Curious. Hell when any Cleveland County team falls off they can still beat a “talented” East team. Say what you want, the West and particularly the Charlotte area is the best football in NC. Regardless of classification.

LOL. We ran Havelock’s coach to Hickory and then off to Georgia. I remember the last time you could drag us. LOL! We beat the child support out of Havelock. All that trash talk and rap videos got stuck all in their ass crack. The East blows. We know it. You know it too. You can’t get respect by begging for it, you got to beat it out of the West.

Like we do the East. Clowns!

Reactions: CrestMan7
LMAO! You chew your own toenails don’t you?

Last edited:
Road to the 3 a championship will start in Stanhope home Of the Southern Nash Firebirds and well deserved Quality coaching staff and probably the most balanced team in 3 a East and one of best running backs in the state
I feel like Southern Nash was well positioned for a championship last year and that came crashing down hard. That said, This years bracket looks pretty nice. Most of the best teams on that side are teams they have already soundly defeated in conference play. It really looks like Havelock/Eastern Alamance on one side of the bracket and SN/Terry Sanford playing for the right to go on to the Charlotte Catholic Invitational Championship game.

I feel like Southern Nash was well positioned for a championship last year and that came crashing down hard. That said, This years bracket looks pretty nice. Most of the best teams on that side are teams they have already soundly defeated in conference play. It really looks like Havelock/Eastern Alamance on one side of the bracket and SN/Terry Sanford playing for the right to go on to the Charlotte Catholic Invitational Championship game.

Charlotte Catholic nah not this year. It would shock me if they made it past Huss. Terry Sanford is over rated it will probably be RM and SN and it would not surprise me if NS beat EA even though they shouldn’t. So we are looking forward to an Eastern Div HHS at SN matchup for a trip to the chip. A really good Defense against a really good running team. As far as the west I see the hot team as Crest they won some key games down the stretch. Huss and KM is right on there heels. Don’t know much about Statesville it is what have you done for me lately you can have a great season but buckle to the pressure from a better team in that side of the bracket. KM is set up nicely everyone talks about ACR they crash and burn every year. The top bracket is loaded as well as the bottom bracket on the East. Should be fun.

Like I said, these crest fans that dissapeared from the football world are back talking about 2014 lol!!! We ain't 4get that I had a meltdown against SD at the 3aa level n had to drop down to beat us. We ain't 4get the CC was 4a and dropped all the way down to 3a, bypassed 3aa to start winning again lol. Maybe we should follow the west blueprint, let kids transfer all over the place, drop a few classifications, and let our little big brothers (shelby) do the winning for our county, and come back on the forums tough when we finally start winning again lmao!!! Clowns over there man, all we respect is Shelby in that county, crest and KM both trash and over hyped n wont see the finals

Charlotte Catholic nah not this year. It would shock me if they made it past Huss. Terry Sanford is over rated it will probably be RM and SN and it would not surprise me if NS beat EA even though they shouldn’t. So we are looking forward to an Eastern Div HHS at SN matchup for a trip to the chip. A really good Defense against a really good running team. As far as the west I see the hot team as Crest they won some key games down the stretch. Huss and KM is right on there heels. Don’t know much about Statesville it is what have you done for me lately you can have a great season but buckle to the pressure from a better team in that side of the bracket. KM is set up nicely everyone talks about ACR they crash and burn every year. The top bracket is loaded as well as the bottom bracket on the East. Should be fun.
Who is the really good running team? Dont 4get we will have two 1000 rushers easily this year

Southern Nash all the way and good luck to every team in the playoffs and I hope each and every kid can avoid any crazy injuries and I know we all like to go at each other about stats and who's the best but let's dont forget these guys put there lives on the line to entertain us and to make their parents proud so if we cant do anything else let's all say a little prayer for these guys and will see who's there at the end

Last edited:
Like I said, these crest fans that dissapeared from the football world are back talking about 2014 lol!!! We ain't 4get that I had a meltdown against SD at the 3aa level n had to drop down to beat us. We ain't 4get the CC was 4a and dropped all the way down to 3a, bypassed 3aa to start winning again lol. Maybe we should follow the west blueprint, let kids transfer all over the place, drop a few classifications, and let our little big brothers (shelby) do the winning for our county, and come back on the forums tough when we finally start winning again lmao!!! Clowns over there man, all we respect is Shelby in that county, crest and KM both trash and over hyped n wont see the finals
We destroyed SD right the next year after destroying Havelock.

If you lived here you’d be a Shelby fan, you fit the bill. We don’t care if you respect us we beat that out of you. You ain’t done squat since, talking all that crap like you have. You have a fantastic week man. It’s been fun lathering you up. You just don’t have any ammunition, the one time I saw your team play, they sucked. You can’t say the same thing. LMAO!

Who is the really good running team? Dont 4get we will have two 1000 rushers easily this year
I am not selling us short SN strength is the run they do have one of the best RBs in the state let’s keep it real and we one of the best defenses in the state so it should a good matchup. But we have a game this week let’s focus there first this game is 3 weeks away if everything holds up after this round things heat up. So I am done talking about later good luck to everyone this weekend and may the best teams prevail until the end. Go Havelock !!!!

I am not selling us short SN strength is the run they do have one of the best RBs in the state let’s keep it real and we one of the best defenses in the state so it should a good matchup. But we have a game this week let’s focus there first this game is 3 weeks away if everything holds up after this round things heat up. So I am done talking about later good luck to everyone this weekend and may the best teams prevail until the end. Go Havelock !!!!
I think u are selling us short lol... We have one on the best rbs in the state also, dont let the gimmick offense they run and the fact that he has committed to wake cloud your vision. Our rb has multiple offers too and our strength is the run. Our defense is solid also so I would say we are a pretty balanced team.

SN's rb isn't one of the best in the state. He is THE best, yardage wise. He led the state and before their bye, led the country. What I don't understand is why is it when a team runs an unconventional offense, it's considered a gimmick? It's like if you don't run a halfback dive every play, then you're not playing real football. Tarboro runs the T. SW Edgecombe runs the wishbone. Southern Nash runs the wing. And everybody thinks they're gimmicks. So what exactly is a real offense?

SN's rb isn't one of the best in the state. He is THE best, yardage wise. He led the state and before their bye, led the country. What I don't understand is why is it when a team runs an unconventional offense, it's considered a gimmick? It's like if you don't run a halfback dive every play, then you're not playing real football. Tarboro runs the T. SW Edgecombe runs the wishbone. Southern Nash runs the wing. And everybody thinks they're gimmicks. So what exactly is a real offense?
If your offense is based off of fakes, your backfield is all hiding behind the line, and your plays are based on hiding from the defense... u know anything that u dont see run past the pop Warner and hs level, it's a gimmick offense lol. I wouldn't say so much about a wishbone, that's still in your face, stop us football. Far as the best rb in the state, if u going by stats then yeah, but not every back in the state gets 180 carries on the year either so...

I think u are selling us short lol... We have one on the best rbs in the state also, dont let the gimmick offense they run and the fact that he has committed to wake cloud your vision. Our rb has multiple offers too and our strength is the run. Our defense is solid also so I would say we are a pretty balanced team.
Bro I am a HHS grad and a realist did you not attend the NS game good running backs have always given us trouble. I am no way selling us short. Even in the championships RBs are a thorn in our side our Defense Bends but doesn’t break give credit where it is due they have a really good RB. We have a young team trust me I am ecstatic about the year. It is far from over. We can’t talk about offers. Didn’t you see I said we have one if the best defenses in the state.

Bro I am a HHS grad and a realist did you not attend the NS game good running backs have always given us trouble. I am no way selling us short. Even in the championships RBs are a thorn in our side our Defense Bends but doesn’t break give credit where it is due they have a really good RB. We have a young team trust me I am ecstatic about the year. It is far from over. We can’t talk about offers. Didn’t you see I said we have one if the best defenses in the state.
Yeah I'm a HHS grad too, and a former player, ok... U sure u were at the NS game??? What back gave us fits, the one who had 25 carries for 70 yards or the one committed to UNC that had 45? Our team is young yes and all but 4 starters return, I think I'm pretty in tune with our squad and everyone on it... remember I was the one that told yall b4 the season started what place everyone in the conf would finish lol. Once again I'm not disputing your point about our defense being good, I am pointing out once again that our run game is not chop liver and no matter how many times our coach wants to preach defense is the strength of our team, if u take away our run game we are done lol

If your offense is based off of fakes, your backfield is all hiding behind the line, and your plays are based on hiding from the defense... u know anything that u dont see run past the pop Warner and hs level, it's a gimmick offense lol. I wouldn't say so much about a wishbone, that's still in your face, stop us football. Far as the best rb in the state, if u going by stats then yeah, but not every back in the state gets 180 carries on the year either so...

I don’t know if you are serious or not. SN lines up and runs at you. Teams know what they will do they just can’t stop it. Their offense isn’t about hiding or deception. The play 20 has most of his yards from is a pitch running over tackle. Stop it and you win. Don’t and you usually lose. Pretty simple. He’s 41 in the nation in yards and 9 in touchdowns and he sat the last game. Most people complain SN offense is too boring. This is the first I’ve ever heard it referred to as deceptive. No clue who comes out of the East but you obviously don’t know much about SN. He has so many carries because he’s most of the offense. He’s averaging almost 12 yards a carry. If you don’t want any deceptive things going on please let your coaches know to tell us their plays before every snap if we meet as to not deceive us. Thanks in advance.

I don’t know if you are serious or not. SN lines up and runs at you. Teams know what they will do they just can’t stop it. Their offense isn’t about hiding or deception. The play 20 has most of his yards from is a pitch running over tackle. Stop it and you win. Don’t and you usually lose. Pretty simple. He’s 41 in the nation in yards and 9 in touchdowns and he sat the last game. Most people complain SN offense is too boring. This is the first I’ve ever heard it referred to as deceptive. No clue who comes out of the East but you obviously don’t know much about SN. He has so many carries because he’s most of the offense. He’s averaging almost 12 yards a carry. If you don’t want any deceptive things going on please let your coaches know to tell us their plays before every snap if we meet as to not deceive us. Thanks in advance.
We knocked SN out the playoffs when they had better backs...

Yeah I'm a HHS grad too, and a former player, ok... U sure u were at the NS game??? What back gave us fits, the one who had 25 carries for 70 yards or the one committed to UNC that had 45? Our team is young yes and all but 4 starters return, I think I'm pretty in tune with our squad and everyone on it... remember I was the one that told yall b4 the season started what place everyone in the conf would finish lol. Once again I'm not disputing your point about our defense being good, I am pointing out once again that our run game is not chop liver and no matter how many times our coach wants to preach defense is the strength of our team, if u take away our run game we are done lol

I didn’t say anything about our run game I just stated their strong point and ours. If you want to pin point it if the QB is good and have some good receivers that is our weakness if the QB has time to throw. We run great on the edges because of our quickness the middle of the line is not our strength. We have always had a good running team as of last few years passing as well. This year the you QB is putting the ball in the right spots the WR just need growth. Our D has put us in position to score when we don’t allow teams past mid field I would say our strength is Defense. If SN is running the ball so much that is their strength the same way they ran it when we played them when he was a freshman huge linemen and eventually our defense held and made key stops. Once again not selling us short just noting the strengths of each team.

I didn’t say anything about our run game I just stated their strong point and ours. If you want to pin point it if the QB is good and have some good receivers that is our weakness if the QB has time to throw. We run great on the edges because of our quickness the middle of the line is not our strength. We have always had a good running team as of last few years passing as well. This year the you QB is putting the ball in the right spots the WR just need growth. Our D has put us in position to score when we don’t allow teams past mid field I would say our strength is Defense. If SN is running the ball so much that is their strength the same way they ran it when we played them when he was a freshman huge linemen and eventually our defense held and made key stops. Once again not selling us short just noting the strengths of each team.
Bell and Bam ran the ball when we played them lol. We really didnt stop them, we just outscored them. Ima act like I didnt read what u just said about the qb and our wrs lol

He was a sophomore then and played defense and backup running back. Bell was a senior and bam a junior. Last year was the best running back group SN had with bam a senior and Cooley a junior. Havelock beat SN two years ago but it was by outscoring them and getting a stop or two they didn’t shut anything down.

Reactions: easy252
We knocked SN out the playoffs when they had better backs...
I'm convinced that you might not know what you're talking about.
They haven't had a better back. He broke their single season rushing record this year. So Idk what research or stats or football knowledge you've been using to support your comments.

I'm convinced that you might not know what you're talking about.
They haven't had a better back. He broke their single season rushing record this year. So Idk what research or stats or football knowledge you've been using to support your comments.
My eyes support that comment... I dont care about stats, our all time leading rusher u cant even name him, and he wasn't our best rb either lol. Dude is a beast, I never disputed that, but if yall think his stat line makes him the best rb yall are crazy n need to take that fan hat off

I think we all know Southern is really good and so is Havelock I think its awesome that we have teams like this in the East and it's gonna be hard to beat either one but being in a pissing match about who is bigger or faster or the most talented doesn't matter at this point Remember Southern nash and havelock had plans last year and Eastern alamance and Jacksonville spoiled both of them

My eyes support that comment... I dont care about stats, our all time leading rusher u cant even name him, and he wasn't our best rb either lol. Dude is a beast, I never disputed that, but if yall think his stat line makes him the best rb yall are crazy n need to take that fan hat off

Depends on what type of back you want. Bam and Cooley are 1 and 2 for SN. Bam ran around you but could use power. Cooley runs through you but is also fast. Bam had a good running back with him two years ago and Cooley last year so he split carries more. Cooley is the offense so he gets more of the carries this year but everyone knows he’s the man so people try to key on him. Cooley broke the record two games ago that bam set last year. Bam got hurt in the first quarter last year against Eastern Alamance and then Cooley separates his shoulder. They popped it back in and Cooley runs for 400 in a loss with a bad shoulder. Kids a man.

Reactions: easy252
Depends on what type of back you want. Bam and Cooley are 1 and 2 for SN. Bam ran around you but could use power. Cooley runs through you but is also fast. Bam had a good running back with him two years ago and Cooley last year so he split carries more. Cooley is the offense so he gets more of the carries this year but everyone knows he’s the man so people try to key on him. Cooley broke the record two games ago that bam set last year. Bam got hurt in the first quarter last year against Eastern Alamance and then Cooley separates his shoulder. They popped it back in and Cooley runs for 400 in a loss with a bad shoulder. Kids a man.
That he definitely is, and I was never taking anything from him. My whole point was to one of our own fans that we have a damn good rb also and a great run game that keeps being discredited. I think we ALL know who to look out for if/when this matchup happens on dec 6th, and I think both teams know it they stop the other teams run game they can win

Reactions: kasper7962

Yes thanks for the correction. Got my years mixed up. But I do know you guys had one hell of a running attack for a few years. And we have seen our share of running backs over the years from You guys WRH Jacksonville last year , NB has a really good RB Conley from NS is good as well This year and of course CC with there Long drawn out waste the clock running attach that they had at one time which I am sure they still follow that game plan. Yes it will be a great game if both teams get to that point like I said earlier we both have games before then wish you guys the best everyone stay healthy. Let’s pick up this conversation in 3 weeks if we are both still alive in the run for the ship. Stay warm and let’s enjoy the best time of the year Playoffs Go Rams

Bell and Bam ran the ball when we played them lol. We really didnt stop them, we just outscored them. Ima act like I didnt read what u just said about the qb and our wrs lol
That he definitely is, and I was never taking anything from him. My whole point was to one of our own fans that we have a damn good rb also and a great run game that keeps being discredited. I think we ALL know who to look out for if/when this matchup happens on dec 6th, and I think both teams know it they stop the other teams run game they can win
Again if you read what I said I am listing their strength to ours. We have one hell of a Defense. The numbers prove our Offense isn’t as strong as it has been in the past because we have a young team this defense is really good the numbers prove that. They have one of the best rushing attacks in the state the numbers prove it as a fan I look at the whole game not just our side. I am a fan of the game and a realist and I give credit where it is due. And that isn’t taking anything away from loving HHS. SMH Numbers don’t lie

Last edited:
Look we can all agree that crest people in general are big and stupid but the best football is played around the Charlotte area. 3AA is undisputed but whoever comes out of the big south conference is probably gonna win in all.

Look we can all agree that crest people in general are big and stupid but the best football is played around the Charlotte area. 3AA is undisputed but whoever comes out of the big south conference is probably gonna win in all.
. I would hope so since you have about 5 different conferences with in 50
Miles and 3 full conferences within 10 miles of Charlotte I don’t think no one is disputing that. Charlotte is one of or is the most populated area in the state

Not to mention it's the transfer capital of the state lol... Hell I'm sure if we could move kids from team to team on the East we could put 2gether a powerhouse team too lol.

Reactions: downlo
Southern Nash had a very good team last year, one that very well could have contended for a 3A State Championship. The defense was devastated by injuries, 3 starters out with ACL injuries and in the last game against Eastern Alamance it showed. After being up by three touchdowns with 6 minutes left, the wheels came off the bus and behind a magnificent performance and a little luck by Austin Bryant the Eagles came back and won the game by a single point. Fast forward to this year, in my opinion Southern Nash is even better. Everyone always bashes SN because they "can't" throw the ball. They can and do on occasion but that's not who SN football is. SN lines up and runs the ball right at you and pounds you play, after play, after play for four quarters. I've heard D1 defensive players say after playing SN that they were tired and wore out from getting hit in the mouth every play. The featured running back, Mr. Cooley is a MAN. the other running backs are very good and very capable. The QB, Mr. Foster is one of the toughest kids I've ever seen. Those guys running behind that O-Line are tough to beat. However, I believe the difference in this year's team is the defense. Lacking a really "star" as they have had in the past, this year's unit is very good. Some of the scores from this season are deceptive because the coaches give the non-starters plenty of playing time in the third and fourth quarters when most games have been out of hand. This has created a lot of depth on defense that has been lacking in years past. I would not bet against Coach Battle and Coach Kennedy's defense. The Firebirds have a tough road ahead. They play a very good conference and county rival in Northern Nash this week and if they get past them will face the winner of a very tough and talented Rocky Mount or Terry Sanford team. Northside Jax/Eastern Alamance/Havelock/Western Almance lurk after that. I think whoever survives this bracket very well could bring the 3A title back East. My money is on this Southern Nash team. This is the closest, most focused team I've seen. So if you're around Nash County this Friday night, come check out Ole Mossy Oak and the boys as they take on the Knights. Go Firebirds!

Southern Nash's problem over the last few years had been their defense. A high powered team could score just as much as SN could on offense. They even made average offenses look high powered. They seem to have figured it out over the last few weeks. Never thought I'd say that SN's defense is looking good. If they could just play average defense over the next few weeks, then they will be in the ship, because I dont believe, with all things being normal, that they can be outscored.

Reactions: BigKev71
I just wish they would change the way they do the playoff format. It would be nice to see this bracket flipped around so SN isnt slated to play a bunch of teams they already beat and same for Havelock. I have a feeling that it will work out that we wont end up playing anybody we already played being jville lost and I have EA beating NS but it potentially could have been 2 conf rematches in the 2nd and 3rd round

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT