ADVERTISEMENT

South Stanly

new_dawg

Dec 20, 2003
Albemarle NC
Over 20+ years of watching HS sports in Stanly County, it seems that South Stanly always is near the bottom of the conference in men's basketball. It can't be from lack of athletes, because they are always competitive in football, baseball, and track, but they never seem to be able to crack the .500 mark in hoops. They have also had some pretty good coaches over the years (Dave Davis, for example).

Talking to others who have been around a lot longer than me, they say it has always been this way, except for the first 10 years or so the school was in existence.

Any thoughts as to why the Reb-Bulls can't seem to get over the hump?

From what I know a lot of the athletes they had which are pretty good basketball players have stuck to year round baseball. They competitive with just about everybody in the conference except Albemarle. Albemarle is just on another level this season especially. But SS lost to queens grant by 8 lost to mount 2x I think which was at the end when they lost that. So they have been competitive for the most part just haven't quite been able to get over the hump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT