ADVERTISEMENT

South Stanly is open?

enuff_znuff

Oct 7, 2001
Just saw this job was open as it was posted on the NCHSAA job board? any thoughts?

They've been young the last couple of years. Historically, good athletes and they will rebound. Successful programs in many sports. Stanly County in general produces good athletes. I would think it would be a good place to build something great. Just my opinion.

Seth Smith is probably available. Sorry I couldn't resist it . South is a good school and they normally have some athletes . They just don't have the numbers they used to have.

South Stanly has turned into a Base/Soft Ball school. Yeah they have athletes, but they come in cycles. The young guys they have now in two years, they will make some noise and then go quite again. Best of luck to the program as they have always had my respect because I had some many family member go to that school and compete in sports overall.

Oh and I don't think that Seth going to South Stanly would be a great move, not coaching for-say but he might be tempted to eat the "Forbidden Fruit" if you know what I mean.....I had to throw that in there!
This post was edited on 12/9 11:59 AM by sway1532

Sleehrat - I hear you're flying south for the winter. Best of luck to you. NC needs to revisit the double dipping issue and Stanly county needs to change a few requirements as well.

Originally posted by Sleehrat84:
Coach is retiring in Jan.

Will the Coach be coming back after a 6 month leave of absence? Great guy and Great Coach.
happy.r191677.gif

Donnie...I hope to. I am driving/teaching only in SC in the Spring and will see what the good Lord leaves open for me come August 1st. (Can I come back and coach your j.v. running backs?) ;) (My wife thinks I am done with football...and I may be...but after transfering the better part of 25 seasons from VHS to dvd...I wish I could do another 30 years. I will be lost without some connection to Friday nights.

You can absolutely join our staff!!! We would love to have you.

Coach...we would love to have you come over to what some of your cohorts might call "the dark side"! Your experience and knowledge of the game would put you ahead of most new officials, and from my view, there's no better way to stay connected to the game. Check with your contacts at AP&R if you are interested!

Originally posted by ref4e:
Coach...we would love to have you come over to what some of your cohorts might call "the dark side"! Your experience and knowledge of the game would put you ahead of most new officials, and from my view, there's no better way to stay connected to the game. Check with your contacts at AP&R if you are interested!
The referee pool could use some extra men. Many are aging out and there does not seem to be the desire in the younger generations to be an official.

Originally posted by Sleehrat84:
Donnie...I hope to. I am driving/teaching only in SC in the Spring and will see what the good Lord leaves open for me come August 1st. (Can I come back and coach your j.v. running backs?) ;) (My wife thinks I am done with football...and I may be...but after transfering the better part of 25 seasons from VHS to dvd...I wish I could do another 30 years. I will be lost without some connection to Friday nights.
Flip up the gas tank in SC. At least the gas is cheap.

I would like for you to coach a year or two in SC and let us know what the biggest differences you see between the two states are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT