ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball South Rowan baseball

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Seen that South Rowan is 6-2 (3-0). Not bad. They will be at Concord 3-4 ( 0-3) this evening 3/25 at 6pm. I may just break down and go watch them play. South Rowan is not far down the rd from me. Anyway I haven’t been keeping up with baseball. Maybe a good time to start. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well I actually watch my 1st HS baseball game at Concord. 1st went by Gary’s barbecue in China Grove. If you haven’t ate there, it’s worth checking out. Got to the ballgame and seen there were two games going on. The field behind the game I was watching was West Rowan n Concord girls solfball game going on. West Rowan won that one 14-0. I could turn my head and see that game going on. South Rowan boys won 12-2 over Concord keeping them undefeated in the conference. I know it got really chilly with the wind whipping. Felt more like being at a football game. Lol

Last edited:
South Rowan defeated Lake Norman Charter this past Monday 8-0. Keeping them undefeated in conference. They will play LNC again on April 1 and then will play East Rowan on April 6. East Rowan is 10-1 and 5-0 in conference and South Rowan is 8-2 and 5-0 in conference. This will set up a big showdown between the 2 teams.

Last edited:
Big matchup on 4/6 at 7pm.
9-2 ( 6-0) South Rowan will be at home against 12-1 ( 6-0) East Rowan. Should be a good one.

Big matchup on 4/6 at 7pm.
9-2 ( 6-0) South Rowan will be at home against 12-1 ( 6-0) East Rowan. Should be a good one.
Waaay back in the ‘80’s…Maiden had a baseball coach from East Rowan….Coach Randy Bernhardt. He later coached for Bandy’s for many years. He was a great coach and he loved those Mustangs from East Rowan.
Historically…I believe that East Rowan has always been good in baseball. They sure were good back in the day and it appears that they still are….judging by their record.
I’m glad you mentioned it…Vik-Val….I had forgotten about the ole ball coach from East Rowan. I’m getting old. 😉

Good luck to both teams…East and South Rowan. I’m sure it will be a good one!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Good write up Maiden Creek. I do believe these Rowan Co teams does well. I wish I could see this game but due to working I want be able to see the game.

East Rowan defeated South Rowan 6-1 yesterday on the 6th. They will play each other again at East Rowan on 4/8. East Rowan will remain undefeated in Conference at 13-1 (7-0).

I wanted to bring this thread back up. What an amazing season. Not only for South Rowan winning the 3A State Championship game but going back when this thread started. As you can see I started it back on March 25. I had never had the desire to keep up with HS baseball until this year. Not living far from South Rowan I wanted to keep up with their season. I felt like they would have a good season but never dream of them winning it all. This has been an incredible season. One I felt like one for the ages. This season I’m sure will be talked about for a long time to come. Again congratulations South Rowan for winning the big dance. Best of luck for seasons to some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT