ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs. Stuart Cramer

We drove 89 yards on the opening drive with little opposition and I guess the boys thought stewie would just lay down. They didn't. Stewie looked good the 1st half. Our boys got that butt chewed out at halftime and came out in the 2nd half and looked like a different team. Defense played much better in the 2nd half. On to the pups on the other side of the gas house.

Interesting game. I thought that SC defense played with a lot of purposes and passion throughout the game and coaches did a good job prepping them for SP. SC scored on their first 3 possessions and it did not look good for the Raiders. The Rocquemore kid is really good but has to do too much of the work on offense. Raiders completely shut them down in the 2nd half as SC never crossed mid field again after the opening three TD's. SP has some work to do on offense.

SP needs some work on offense for sure. Very one dimensional right now. I realize FB in redbone has a lot of carries But, 42 carries is quite a few, for a rb of #31 stature. I know that Bray and Leeper in the past had a lot of carries. They were bigger guys. This year wingback speed is not great. The offense needs to have other options. Like raidertime said, offense needs work.Defense was good in second half. IMHO, #31 needs some help. Typical Red Raider team, they did not give up. Maybe a more rounded game against Huskies on Friday night.

Our o line hasn't played well the past couple of games, our wings are nonexistent in the blocking department. Our te lined up at wing several times just for blocking purposes. Can't run the flex flexbone with you lineman having foot to foot splits, need wide splits for running lanes. Our play calling has been very suspect......

I'm curious about penalties in this game, anybody tell me if the purple team has cleaned up there act any from the last few years?

[QUOTE="raider1959, post: 685485, member: 7059 I never thought a golf course would turn into a high school. lol
[/QUOTE]

The place was a sorry excuse for a golf course and is just slightly better as a high school

Reactions: raider1959
Our o line hasn't played well the past couple of games, our wings are nonexistent in the blocking department. Our te lined up at wing several times just for blocking purposes. Can't run the flex flexbone with you lineman having foot to foot splits, need wide splits for running lanes. Our play calling has been very suspect......
Sandbagging at its best..I’m sure the Raiders will bounce back and beat teams down

Last edited:
I'm curious about penalties in this game, anybody tell me if the purple team has cleaned up there act any from the last few years?
I was surprised and impressed that they played their cleanest (and coincidentally) best game I've ever seen vs. SP or anyone else. I thought SC played hard. Tougher kids than in past years....even though not as much talent.

#1 for SC keeps you in it always. But - SP had some key plays that helped keep it close. New qb with a delayed pass decision and ends up getting hit on throw and throwing a pop up interception, rb fumbling inside the 10. SP could've scored in the last 2 minutes inside the 20 but went into 'WIN' mode and let clock run out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT