ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs. Stuart Cramer

DeBoer31

Jun 19, 2015
It has not been much of a rivalry on the field historically, but it is an actual rivalry since they placed that turd of a school in the city limits of Belmont. The rivalry exists more for their antics...the jumping offsides and hitting our front line on "down" on the first play against SP as a varsity team, the cheap play/dirty hits from their group...especially the OL in the last couple installments, the really cheap 22 from a couple years ago trying to get "kill shots" on unsuspecting players instead of just playing football, insulting basic Americans by having that kicker run around with pink shoes on and accented by their purple uniforms several years back. You know.. the normal stuff that would p!ss somebody off.

But now they've taken further steps of insult and are painting SPs rock, and stealing Raider Heads off of school property and the like. Harmless fun I guess one might say. I think more actual Belmontians are more upset about the traffic they've brought here from Mt. Holly. They have new helmet decals this year I hear. Some say it is looks like a trans Pirate. I'm not sure what that has to do with a Purple Storm. They've gone from outright tomfoolery straight to trying to confuse people. Maybe the Purple Storm and the Green Wave can get together and combine to be the Hurricanes.
Probably won't be many predictions because a game of this magnitude doesn't carry too much weight outside of Belmont's confines. My guess is SP 49, Fighting Meth Mouths 17.

It has not been much of a rivalry on the field historically, but it is an actual rivalry since they placed that turd of a school in the city limits of Belmont. The rivalry exists more for their antics...the jumping offsides and hitting our front line on "down" on the first play against SP as a varsity team, the cheap play/dirty hits from their group...especially the OL in the last couple installments, the really cheap 22 from a couple years ago trying to get "kill shots" on unsuspecting players instead of just playing football, insulting basic Americans by having that kicker run around with pink shoes on and accented by their purple uniforms several years back. You know.. the normal stuff that would p!ss somebody off.

But now they've taken further steps of insult and are painting SPs rock, and stealing Raider Heads off of school property and the like. Harmless fun I guess one might say. I think more actual Belmontians are more upset about the traffic they've brought here from Mt. Holly. They have new helmet decals this year I hear. Some say it is looks like a trans Pirate. I'm not sure what that has to do with a Purple Storm. They've gone from outright tomfoolery straight to trying to confuse people. Maybe the Purple Storm and the Green Wave can get together and combine to be the Hurricanes.
Probably won't be many predictions because a game of this magnitude doesn't carry too much weight outside of Belmont's confines. My guess is SP 49, Fighting Meth Mouths 17.
DO you mean that SC OL go after the other teams ankles likes SP does?

I feel like this one is a little one sided on blame here. I do remember going to this game a few years ago and watching SP players showboat into the endzone, one player talking junk to the SC coaches and take the same cheap shots as Cramer. I'm indifferent to both sides, but messaged a coach from Cramer the other day and coach from SP and asked what they thought and they both heaped praise on the other side and said they thought a lot of their opponent.

I think I'll be going to Crest-Ashbook or KM-Huss depending on the weather, does SP live stream their games like Ashbrook does?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
South Point is as bad or worse. Apparently in the first game between the teams south point was throwing it in the end zone up by 70 points. That's about as classless and lack of character as it gets. South point is apparently famous for "hi/low" chop blocking teams and show boating when they win. That is why they will never be the dynasty built on hard work and character like Shelby. I was very unimpressed by sitting on the the south point side and hearing the profanity directed at the opposing team

If SP doesnt get pressure on that SC QB, it will be long night. SP needs to control the ball (which has always been their MO). If they can do that, they'll be alright.

South Point is as bad or worse. Apparently in the first game between the teams south point was throwing it in the end zone up by 70 points. That's about as classless and lack of character as it gets. South point is apparently famous for "hi/low" chop blocking teams and show boating when they win. That is why they will never be the dynasty built on hard work and character like Shelby. I was very unimpressed by sitting on the the south point side and hearing the profanity directed at the opposing team
You're a damn fool. You already admittingly said you "don't know much about South Point" but continue to spew from that guzzler.

SP doesn't throw the ball when down by 70; much less when up by 70.

If SP doesnt get pressure on that SC QB, it will be long night. SP needs to control the ball (which has always been their MO
EGFan I think you have a valid point. Hopefully SP can put pressure on the QB to make passing more difficult. The raiders they will face friday night will leave it all on the field. They will deliver their best shot. They are not intimidated by " a little rain." And I am not talking about the weather forecast. No STORM is forecasted in Belmont on friday night. (Some of you will understand previous comment, some will still a confused look on their face friday night.) My prediction SP 24 +/SC 10.

Hey S&G!! Why do you keep using the word "apparently" ? Do you know what it means? Look it up and you will stop using that word on the board.
MP- This year SP has given up the ankles. The typical midgets are MIA this year.
). If they can do that, they'll be alright.

I thought about starting this thread Monday night. Then asked myself, “Why”? I’ve already said what I think of Stewy and a lot of the crowd that follow the school. I’m sure there are good folks associated with the school, I just don’t happen to know any of them.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and DeBoer31
You don't understand the rules of football, or more importantly what type offenses you will see legit chop blocks from. You will see if from SC type throwing teams....OL engaged and backs going low. Or outright dirty high/lows. Tape don't lie.
If you are playing too high as an OL for SP you probably won't be playing long.

Hilarious - you just said outloud SP showboats in the same breath as a Shelby compliment.

• Haha
You're a damn fool. You already admittingly said you "don't know much about South Point" but continue to spew from that guzzler.

SP doesn't throw the ball when down by 70; much less when up by 70.
That's a lie I was there at sp the night they were up by 50+ and a 3rd down and threw the ball just so the jv could score. It's was either mickey's last year or hodges first

• Haha
rocksteong, Stewy is less than ten years old. Back in the day some really good Red Raiders came from the Cramerton. My understanding is that nearly all the kids over there were pulled from East Gaston and some from South Point. No AD wants to see his/her ( look, look. gender equality) athletic base reduced. Stewy came on to the scene thinking because they had the nicest building in the county and the only school with artificial turf their $#!+ didn’t stink. And again vandalizing my sign didn’t help me have a good perception of they either. That’s just coming from Red Raider.

I’d say Stewy is just butt hurt cause the new toys don’t do a thing to make them suck any less.

I agree on get better but that's classless bs throwing the ball up 50 with less then 1:30 left in the game
You haven't watched much SP football if you think they are classless on the field. Aside from being a die-hard fan I am a realist and in most cases you will not find a more disciplined and respectful team than SP. Have they had some bad apples to come through the system; sure. But overall those antics are not expected and more so not tolerated at SP.

I RARELY miss a game and have a full understanding of what our program has been and what it is. In my mind there is only ONE instance in which I can recall we pulled a Bush League move. That came against EG about 15 years ago. SP was up big and running out the clock with QB kneels. Lathom from EG continued to call TO's so Mickey threw a pass on him. Literally almost started a brawl. He also didn't call another TO.

You haven't watched much SP football if you think they are classless on the field. Aside from being a die-hard fan I am a realist and in most cases you will not find a more disciplined and respectful team than SP. Have they had some bad apples to come through the system; sure. But overall those antics are not expected and more so not tolerated at SP.

I RARELY miss a game and have a full understanding of what our program has been and what it is. In my mind there is only ONE instance in which I can recall we pulled a Bush League move. That came against EG about 15 years ago. SP was up big and running out the clock with QB kneels. Lathom from EG continued to call TO's so Mickey threw a pass on him. Literally almost started a brawl. He also didn't call another TO.
I remember that game...... lol good times

rocksteong, Stewy is less than ten years old. Back in the day some really good Red Raiders came from the Cramerton. My understanding is that nearly all the kids over there were pulled from East Gaston and some from South Point. No AD wants to see his/her ( look, look. gender equality) athletic base reduced. Stewy came on to the scene thinking because they had the nicest building in the county and the only school with artificial turf their $#!+ didn’t stink. And again vandalizing my sign didn’t help me have a good perception of they either. That’s just coming from Red Raider.

I’d say Stewy is just butt hurt cause the new toys don’t do a thing to make them suck any less.
Alright this helps. Thanks. Do you think players/coaches feel this way or is it just the fanbases?

Can somebody educate me on why there's so much bad blood? I'm not from here so I don't really get it.

Cramer is built 3.3 miles from SP and sits inside the city limits of Belmont. They draw kids from McAdenville, Cramerton, Belmont (all which were SP draws) and Mt. Holly. Yes, Mount Holly. They are bussing in kids all the way up 273 around Freightliner to SC.

In turn SP athletics took a major hit with the building of SC, a school that was needed, but not needed in Belmont. Every adult with common sense understood a school was needed somewhere in the Mt. Island/Lucia area of Mount Holly. But instead got a school built in Belmont and those kids in that area bussed to SC.

As for the game I think SC has the ability to keep it close if the play calling is there. They should not run the ball more than (10) times. If they do that and let the QB throw the ball all night they could hang around. Hang around in the neighborhood of 42-21.

If they try to run and stay balanced it will get ugly. Either way they won't be able to stop the run game of SP.

49-14

Cramer is built 3.3 miles from SP and sits inside the city limits of Belmont. They draw kids from McAdenville, Cramerton, Belmont (all which were SP draws) and Mt. Holly. Yes, Mount Holly. They are bussing in kids all the way up 273 around Freightliner to SC.

In turn SP athletics took a major hit with the building of SC, a school that was needed, but not needed in Belmont. Every adult with common sense understood a school was needed somewhere in the Mt. Island/Lucia area of Mount Holly. But instead got a school built in Belmont and those kids in that area bussed to SC.
So this distaste isn't really with the school as much as the BoE who chose to build it there?

Just got a call from a buddy on staff at EG letting me know how much class Stuart Cramer has.

So much class that WR#4 thought he needed to paint the rock at EG with his stats for LAST WEEKS game.

He seems focused for tonight. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Can somebody educate me on why there's so much bad blood? I'm not from here so I don't really get it.
It all started in 1942….when Jack Huss took the helm as coach of the Cramerton Eagles.. Huss and his big fullback “Cotton” Bolick put a whipping on those Belmont bullies!😂😂 Goose egged them twice that year!

Cramerton and Belmont eventually merged in ‘69 to form South Point…..but the rivalry continues!😜

You boys sound pretty geared up. Hope them red raiders...oops I mean politically correct South Point team is ready to drag the purple mist

Reactions: Maiden Creek
In hindsight, yes, it could be. And just thrown toward SC.
You boys sound pretty geared up. Hope them red raiders...oops I mean politically correct South Point team is ready to drag the purple mist

I went to Cramerton Jr. High and South Point. I live in another county and still don't like the Purple Storm! I never thought a golf course would turn into a high school. lol

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Just got a call from a buddy on staff at EG letting me know how much class Stuart Cramer has.

So much class that WR#4 thought he needed to paint the rock at EG with his stats for LAST WEEKS game.

He seems focused for tonight. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Classy!!!
I think Stalk n' Go is just trying to find something to take up the time in the day since HH refuses to step on the field and play anyone this year ...so he can' t talk about them.

Our healthy respect for Crest and Shelby doesn't necessarily cross over to the Meth Mouths that are trucked into the outskirts of Belmont to that High School that I lovingly refer to as Lakewood Cow Pasture #7 High.

Sp throwing the ball up 70 that’s funny.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
When you said "throwing in the end zone up by 70", I knew that your were clueless. We don't throw when we are behind much less up by 70. No one would take your comments seriously.

Years ago this 3A board was fun and lively. The SP move to 2A coupled with last years COVID really slowed things down. This is my first trip to the board this week just prior to heading over for the game. 3 years ago, I would have been here every day and back right after the game. Miss the good old days. Where in the hell is CrestRulz when you need him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT