ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Shelby Thursday night

Come on guys, give the Red Raiders a little bit of credit for Shelby looking like a mortal team. 🙄

I still say fire the defensive coordinator, for God sake he came from Chase, if Chase though he was any good he would still be there. Go back to the 4-3 defense. The defensive coordinator is a joke.
First off, he came from Crest. Not making the game, and seeing these comments, you’d think Shelby scored 40 points, but couldn’t hold South Point from scoring more. Always thankful to see our stat guys posting the post game stats on Facebook. Some stats, though, that you haven’t seen mentioned in these comments and won’t see, just some excuses are two ints and a fumble.🙄 An additional fumble by a running back who otherwise, had a monster game. The defensive coordinator obviously had nothing to do with those things. Others have to be held accountable, too.

Last edited:
You are correct Lion Attack. It’s a team sport as much or more than any sport out there. When you start assigning the loss to individuals, you are making a mistake, in my opinion. Sure there are mistakes made by individuals but it’s still about the team. Unfortunately it’s a very easy trap to fall into. I’ve done it also. Love your team, support your kids and remember it’s just a game, even in Shelby.

Being a life long shelby fan this game was very dissapointing to me. South Point was clearly the better team that night. They were sharper, chrisper and even looked quicker. They had much more energy than Shelby and thus the final score. Shelby did not tackle well at all, many time we hit the back and he kept churning and got away for big yardage. I am not blaming anyone but this did not look like a team that could win another state championship. They are giving up way too many points. Anyone have the stats for this game. South Point must have rushed for 400 yards. Great game for South Point, they earned this win.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Being a life long shelby fan this game was very dissapointing to me. South Point was clearly the better team that night. They were sharper, chrisper and even looked quicker. They had much more energy than Shelby and thus the final score. Shelby did not tackle well at all, many time we hit the back and he kept churning and got away for big yardage. I am not blaming anyone but this did not look like a team that could win another state championship. They are giving up way too many points. Anyone have the stats for this game. South Point must have rushed for 400 yards. Great game for South Point, they earned this win.

403 yds on 66 attempts

I don’t recall what year South Point adopted the Red Bone 🦴 offense. It’s got to be going on twenty year now. When the “O” line is clicking, you might know what’s coming but it’s something else entire stopping it. I thought the first possession against Shelby set the table for the rest of the night. Eight minutes off the clock and 7 points. Could not have ask for a better start.

I don’t recall what year South Point adopted the Red Bone 🦴 offense. It’s got to be going on twenty year now. When the “O” line is clicking, you might know what’s coming but it’s something else entire stopping it. I thought the first possession against Shelby set the table for the rest of the night. Eight minutes off the clock and 7 points. Could not have ask for a better start.
South Point executed flawlessly most of the night. Well oiled machine. If they don't make the playoffs it is a shame. They could give a lot of teams trouble.

Shelby
74, from my understanding of the playoff makeup, South Point can’t make the playoffs. That is unless Shelby would somehow fall to East Rutherford. And nobody sees that as a possibility. So we finish our season with Chase at home and move on to fall ball.

Shelby
74, from my understanding of the playoff makeup, South Point can’t make the playoffs. That is unless Shelby would somehow fall to East Rutherford. And nobody sees that as a possibility. So we finish our season with Chase at home and move on to fall ball.
good luck with Chase. You have a much better defense than Chase.

Someone above mentioned the bone and they way it was ran the other night

the guards were making it to the second level with ease completely taking out the inside linebackers who ended up 5-7 yards downfield

The play side tackle and wing were dominating the outside linebackers and combo blocking for the most part taking them out of the play ( save a play or three ) and the blocking on the corners and safeties was probably the most outstanding part I saw ... this made the second and third option and the toss sweeps good for 5-15 yards every play ... yeah you know what is coming but when it’s blocked that well it all comes down to simple Jim Taylor philosophy
Blocking and tackling ... South Point did the blocking part very well we didn’t tackle very well
We didn’t play well offensively either with 3 or 4 turnovers so it’s not all the defenses fault

even though every game has been a dog fight except the EG game it’s been fun watching even the losing efforts . It’s nice to see the teams that usually don’t do so well doing well

it’s also nice to see it’s all up the the air on who will go all the way there are numerous teams this year when usually everyone knows reidsville and Shelby most likely will be there ...

Been a fun season so far and I still think shelby will get it together and make a run if not we will gather the troops and get ready for the fall

ain’t it good to have some football to talk about in April ha ha

Fire the damn defensive coordinator and go back to the 4-3 defense that won all of those state championships

Fire the damn defensive coordinator and go back to the 4-3 defense that won all of those state championships
The defensive scheme didn’t win those titles. Good, disciplined players and good coaching staff did. It appears you may have some problem players dragging the whole team down.

One of the four unsportsmanlike penalties was on the bench. I think it was on the head coach for arguing. Not saying he wasn’t justified. Were the other three on the same player? If so you have a coaching situation there for sure. Hopefully the coaching staff can get the problems worked out before the playoffs start.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT