ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Shelby Thursday night

SPRaiders78

May 24, 2020
Belmont
The only way I see SP staying in this one is to have 6 to 7 minute drives ending in touchdowns, very few penalties and no turnovers. South Point has to limit Shelby’s possessions. If the starting QB is back, Shelby scores early and often. South Point puts no pressure on quarterbacks. It doesn’t mean I’m not a fan, it doesn’t mean I’m giving up on them, it means I’ve watched every game they have played this year and I’m being realistic. GO BIG RED!!!

The only way I see SP staying in this one is to have 6 to 7 minute drives ending in touchdowns, very few penalties and no turnovers. South Point has to limit Shelby’s possessions. If the starting QB is back, Shelby scores early and often. South Point puts no pressure on quarterbacks. It doesn’t mean I’m not a fan, it doesn’t mean I’m giving up on them, it means I’ve watched every game they have played this year and I’m being realistic. GO BIG RED!!!

If they do what RS did they have a puncher's chance. I think it will be another good game.

Shelbys Defense is 3 games better then against Rs...if back up qb for Shelby playing could be close, if Gabe back I see Shelby 2 tds or more better, SP has no stop for passing team

Twenty mile per hour wind and temperatures near thirty, now I could see how that could possibly help South Point. In my opinion, South Point needs all the help they can get in this one.

Hey Shelby fans, Do you think Shelby would have won the 2017 playoff game in Belmont if coach Lineberger and Tate had stayed on one more year. I’m not saying SP wins that one but I will say chances would have been better. Coach Hodge may become a real good coach and they all have to start somewhere. He’s got a ways to go. Two losses this year by a total of three points, both at home.

Shelby will beat SP but I feel like this one will be close. I think it'll be a 31-28 kinda game. Just a gut feeling

I don’t see SP. scoring 28 points on Shelby. For the final to be that close the score will have to be lower.

Shelbys Defense is 3 games better then against Rs...if back up qb for Shelby playing could be close, if Gabe back I see Shelby 2 tds or more better, SP has no stop for passing team
It’s been a process transitioning to the 3-4 defense, but Coach Ross’ D is starting to live up to the hype. Loved the play of the D line. Santana Hopper was a flat out beast last night. He dominated! The freshman, Pierce, is a future D1 prospect. The entire D shined.

I honestly see Shelby having a hard time stopping the Redbone with this 3-4 crap. The reason Shelby has done so well against SP is we usually play 5 D linemen and it has worked really well tying up all of SP O line and allowing our LB's free to make tackles.

I don’t see SP. scoring 28 points on Shelby. For the final to be that close the score will have to be lower.

Shelby's defense & Burns' defense are very close to the same level. And South Point put up 27 on Burns. That somewhat went into my score prediction. I feel like this will be a close game. Shelby had troubles with the Chase & RS offense and they are very similar to South Points offense.

Is this game Thursday or Friday?? Maxpreps which I know isn’t 100% accurate as it listed as Friday... Was thinking about making trip if it’s Friday!!

Twenty mile per hour wind and temperatures near thirty, now I could see how that could possibly help South Point. In my opinion, South Point needs all the help they can get in this one.

Hey Shelby fans, Do you think Shelby would have won the 2017 playoff game in Belmont if coach Lineberger and Tate had stayed on one more year. I’m not saying SP wins that one but I will say chances would have been better. Coach Hodge may become a real good coach and they all have to start somewhere. He’s got a ways to go. Two losses this year by a total of three points, both at home.
My son and I were talking Friday night about the RS / South point game (I haven’t seen south point in a few years) but do you think that South point would be struggling now if Lineberger and Tate were still coaching ? Or has the talent dropped off ? My son asked what has happened to South point and I said I thought that loosing those great old coach’s are hard to replace

It’s some of both Mopar. You can’t replace all that successful coaching experience with young coaches and very little experience. As I stated earlier South Point would have had a better chance beating Shelby in the 17 playoff game. Not saying they would have won, no way to tell.

and yes there has been a drop in talent in recent years. I think Rhineheart the starting QB is probably about 5’7” and might go 150 lbs soaking wet. In the past SP fullbacks have had great years. In my opinion, not because they were great runners but because the previous “O lines” were stronger and more able to move defenders out of the way.

I think the coaching will improve over time. Size and speed are a little more difficult to develop. GO BIG RED!!!

SP offensive line is young. They have average speed overall in skill positions. That being said they play hard. IMHO, defense has played good this year. They do struggle with passes. Secondary young also. SP did not move the ball well against RS. Shelby should win by 2 T,D's. But, you never know.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shelby looking very average on both sides of the ball tonight. They really miss the Huitt kid. Someone said earlier that they get better as the season progresses. I’m not seeing it.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Um Huitt is playing

our new defense is not good hasn’t been all season you can have all the talent in the world but when they are clueless to what their assignments are it doesn’t matter what colleges are recruiting them

triple option tearing that hind end up and we have zero clue how to slow it down .

Um Huitt is playing

our new defense is not good hasn’t been all season you can have all the talent in the world but when they are clueless to what their assignments are it doesn’t matter what colleges are recruiting them

triple option tearing that hind end up and we have zero clue how to slow it down .
We have one of the best d-lines that I can recall uss having in 10+ years, and we get absolutely no pressure on the ball. This defense isn't working, and needs to be changed immediately. If our guys lose this game, i'm afraid we wont regain confidence by playoff time.

Ame, can't run a 3-4 on SP....gotta run 4- or 5 man front, better take kick off and score

Xchamp. I thought Huitt was playing. Not well but playing. Actually other than the sack he hasn’t looked bad. Still a very long way to go. If SP can keep em out of the end zone on the first possession it could be an interesting second half

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT