ADVERTISEMENT

South Point at Lincolnton

raidertime

Aug 18, 2003
Always look forward to this game. We have had some thrillers over the years including last year. I know that Lincolnton lost a lot this year. Not sure if they are as bad as the Stuart Cramer score, but believe they had some turnovers that led to easy SC scores.

South Point by how much ever they want in this one, This is probably one of the worst Lincolnton teams in some time.

They usually beat us in our good years but since SP is one of the toughest teams around maybe the Wolves will put in some extra effort. For us to be competitive this season we'll have to play hard. Each day of practice will be like a tough algebra problem but I believe it can be solved.

Hopefully we can get it figured out. I believe it would be wise to switch the offense back to the option with the personnel we have, but that aint my decision. Conditioning is a really huge issue as well

Perfect segue, We are at the state championship game in Winston-Salem a few years ago and Lincolnton gets lost. SL, Relic and I are laughing our asses off! This season?

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Lincolnton might as well not show up for this game. SP will be unstoppable for this game, will get ugly fast.

They usually beat us in our good years but since SP is one of the toughest teams around maybe the Wolves will put in some extra effort. For us to be competitive this season we'll have to play hard. Each day of practice will be like a tough algebra problem but I believe it can be solved.
Lincolnton, like South Point has a great coaching staff. They will get it together and get the most out of the talent they have. Remember what some were saying about South Point last year. Ever some of their most dedicated fans.

Bless him he was looking everywhere and we were all hollering at him! No finer person than Mr Lincolnton

He was a hoot that day! I remember we were hollering at him and he walked back up the stadium steps and looks at a dude's hat to see if he recognized anyone that way. We did get to meet a couple of great Thomasville guys sitting behind us that day.

Reactions: seadog28
LOL, fellers, it's always good to hear from you. I got lost before I got there, too. Both of you do very important and stressful work. If I got you to laugh a little I should feel like old Sydney Carton, when he said ..."It's a far better thing that I do than I ever done".

RedRaiderhood, thanks for saying something. South Point people are nice and they're tough. They would much rather we played them hard than get blown out. I hope our coaches can get in a good week of practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: seadog28
Bless him he was looking everywhere and we were all hollering at him! No finer person than Mr Lincolnton

Agree, Mr. Lincolnton went to school with my oldest brother. Although he was working that evening, he tweaked his schedule to come to the visitation when Jerry died a few years ago and shared some stories.

I wish the Wolves a great season after this Friday and hope they can give us a good game.

Lincolnton looks awful they might win 3 games all year, I'd say South Point beats Lincolnton 59-0 and beats Cramer 45-13

LOL, fellers, it's always good to hear from you. I got lost before I got there, too. Both of you do very important and stressful work. If I got you to laugh a little I should feel like old Sydney Carton, when he said ..."It's a far better thing that I do than I ever done".

RedRaiderhood, thanks for saying something. South Point people are nice and they're tough. They would much rather we played them hard than get blown. I hope our coaches can get in a good week of practice.

Love you, brother! I wish I could be half as good as you, but I was dropped on the head as a baby. :)

He was a hoot that day! I remember we were hollering at him and he walked back up the stadium steps and looks at a dude's hat to see if he recognized anyone that way. We did get to meet a couple of great Thomasville guys sitting behind us that day.

CHEERDUCK, I put you right along and in the same catagory as Lincolnton! I'm damn lucky to know you!

Sasha, it was my privilege to attend Jerry's receiving. Even now, I can see his glasses and freckles and remember his squeaky laugh. I know he must have been proud of you.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Sasha, it was my privilege to attend Jerry's receiving. Even now, I can see his glasses and freckles and remember his squeaky laugh. I know he must have been proud of you.

Hey Lincolnton, it is sometimes hard to know north, south, east and west. But, how in the hell did you miss the visitors side?

Lol, Seadog, I don't have but one good eye, and sometimes it pulls me to the left making me go around in circles but I always end up in the same place.

Reactions: SHS LION
It was our pleasure, Cheerduck. It's always struck me that the posters I've been privileged to meet in person have been so friendly and hospitable. Not sure if I've only met the nice ones, or if it's just that people are nicer in person than behind the anonymity of a keyboard.
What I have found is that Lincolnton with one good eye is better than most folks with two. And you ain't so bad yourself, even if you did almost bust a gut laughing at him walking up and down those steps!

It was our pleasure, Cheerduck. It's always struck me that the posters I've been privileged to meet in person have been so friendly and hospitable. Not sure if I've only met the nice ones, or if it's just that people are nicer in person than behind the anonymity of a keyboard.
What I have found is that Lincolnton with one good eye is better than most folks with two. And you ain't so bad yourself, even if you did almost bust a gut laughing at him walking up and down those steps!

I feel the same as far as the posters I met over the years. I did meet one fellow that obviously didn't like himself so Immediately I found it hard to like him. Lincolnton is so wise and witty, but that day I had spoke to him by phone as the game began and he was wandering around in an upscale neighborhood of Winston-Salem lost. He was still in awe of the local beauty even though he was going to be late.

He and I traveled to Reidsville last year to take in the playoff game with his Wolves. We had a fun trip and made several quality laps around the town square by accident.LOL

The pleasure of knowing him and his wisdom is inspiring. 65Lion always keeps Lincolnton in check, when we meet for breakfast, by reminding him the Wolves can't wear their bumblebee jerseys anymore at home. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
Friends, I'm humbled and I wish I could live up to it and I'll sure try to, but the way I see it is that it takes guys like all of you to tolerate guys like me.

Cheerduck, if you talk with 65Lion ask him about breakfast or lunch this week. I get through with 84 hours at 6 PM, today, and then I have a few days off.
Thanks

Wondered why this forum was long. Y'all talking at each other like some old men sitting in a barber shop. I've only seen in my 15 or 17 years or so of game hopin' that Lincolnton has had less than a handful of down years. With West Lincoln blowing out Draughn(even though that's not saying much) could this be another year that the rest of the county beats up on Lincolnton and then the next year it's back to normal?

My very first Lincolnton game watched- Linc vs Shelby. 2001. Can't remember how the game went but I believe Linc lost. Always seems like a good playoff rivilary.

Hope the boys can get it together and make it competitive.

I'm not going with the upset by SP but instead picking the Wolves 21 to 14.

How about instead of saying that Lincolnton is awful, giving SC some credit. Maybe the kids and coaches worked and got better. Lord knows South Point ran like hell to get away from Hunter Huss.

GO HUSKIES!

Reactions: UmadBro07
22, SC is good but we are seriously not good at the moment. Our offense looks like a middle school offense

How about instead of saying that Lincolnton is awful, giving SC some credit. Maybe the kids and coaches worked and got better. Lord knows South Point ran like hell to get away from Hunter Huss.

GO HUSKIES!
Wham did a disappearing act a year ago that Casper couldn't match. GO HUSKIES! GO WHAM! AWAY!!! Chances are you likely will.

Keep winning at that middle school level. We are 3A this year. We would beat your team by two touchdowns. I hope you win another 2A championship and enjoy your sunglo rings.

Reactions: UmadBro07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT