ADVERTISEMENT

South Davidson(1-10) Head Football Coach arrested

Story Link

http://www.wxii12.com/news/south-davidson-high-school-head-football-coach-joe-cullen-charged-with-indecent-liberties-with-student/30000828

I just read the article in the W-S Journal. One thing that stood out was he had only been in education since last year. Prior to that, he had what appears to be a racing business.

Just what were his qualifications to be a HS head football coach?

If I am on the school board in Davidson County, or any other county for that matter, that is a question I have for the administration.

Originally posted by BlueVols:
I just read the article in the W-S Journal. One thing that stood out was he had only been in education since last year. Prior to that, he had what appears to be a racing business.

Just what were his qualifications to be a HS head football coach?

If I am on the school board in Davidson County, or any other county for that matter, that is a question I have for the administration.
If you are on the School Board, then you hired him if we are being technical about it.

Tough spot for the new coach to take over. Struggling program that has been certainly set back a few more years with all this mess and one win since 9/2012. As far as qualifications, the admin made the the decision to hire someone with one season as a JV Head Coach as a Varsity Head Coach over several highly qualified applicants. Interesting to see where the program goes now. Good thing is they got a win to break their losing streak so maybe things will be OK down in Denton.

Blue Vols, he was the QB coach at Scotland County prior to becoming the head coach at South, and played QB at Arkansas State.

Gotta believe that the hire list for this coaching job wasn't very big when he took over.

Remember, innocent until proven guilty.

South thought they had an ace in the hole because they hired an assistant from Scottland County but just because someone was an assistant at a good program doesn't mean they are good head coaching material. I figured something was up since he was dramatically taken off the sideline the way he did.

Like I said last month if South was to take it seriously they could find a good quality coach. It would be hard but there are certain experienced coaches that might would take on the challenge. This might have been what they needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT