ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ West Bladen

GuardTrapStallion

Sep 1, 2017
Down to two games left in the regular season and our Stallions remain undefeated. Expecting the same outcome this Friday night at West Bladen. SC by 4 TD’s.
Also heard we got a new transfer student last week that plays football, anyone know anything about him and/or rules for him playing?

Don’t know much about him. He looks fast and people said he plays corner. Idk the rules of Him playing.

Hope South works on the passing game some more this week. Saw a couple drops last week that should be caught every time. Heard the Stephens kid tweeked and ankle, hope it's not serious.

Rumor mill has it, there is a possibility that S Columbus and Whiteville both goes West in the brackets for the playoffs.

Can someone explain to me how south or whiteville can go west? Pull up a map and explain what kinda sense that would make! Whoever makes these decisions must work for the state because they do whatever is opposite of what makes the most sense.

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
It's happened before.
In the past 15 years we have been West more than East I believe. You take all qualifiers spot them on a map . Take a straight edge and start on a straight line East to West . Went expose the first 32 on the East side done . Those are East and 32 left are West! They go by longitude.

I can see that happening too, getting the cart before the horse (ha, see what I did there?).

Also just saw where ECHS has canceled/forfeited it’s final two JV games. So disappointing for those kids.

Yes, the 1A teams in that part of the state used to be bracketed to go West in the days of the predetermined brackets by conference finish, before the playoffs were seeded (changed sometime in the 1990s); definitely not guaranteed to happen but if the playoffs started right now and/or all projected winners won for the next two weeks, AND (biggest IF of all) the ADM numbers stay the same (which never happens) not only then South Columbus and Red Springs would go 2A West, while Whiteville would be the last team in 2A East....for it to happen though, or the reason for it, is that you would need 16 small 2A teams further east on a map (by longitude)...right now (again, based on last year's ADM numbers), those 15 further east of Whiteville would be Beddingfield, SW Edgecombe, Northeastern, Hertford, First Flight, Kinston, Bertie, Farmville Central, SW Onslow, Ayden-Grifton, James Kenan, Heide Trask, Warren, Wallace-Rose Hill, and East Bladen...By the way I can email anyone my homemade 2017-2021 2A Map listing all 116 schools from West to East to figure out these scenarios (tarheel61581@yahoo.com), ask and you shall receive, while the longitudes from last year will not change, the ADM numbers will, some folks out there seem very confident that Shelby will go up to 2AA, very possible, but if they bump Bandys back from 2AA (as projected this week) back to 2A, that would push South Columbus back to the East...but we don't know the ADM numbers yet, and we don't know who's going to beat who over the next two weeks yet, and we don't know what the maxpreps rankings will do, a lot can still change...James Kenan had not shown up in any projections until this week, if they get blown out Friday night, they'll be right back on the outside looking in and a team such as Goldsboro, Southern Vance, North Lincoln, West Lincoln, or North Lenoir could grab those last couple of wild card spots, then every little moving part matters as to where the 2AA vs. 2A cut line will fall, and after that, where the East/West cut line will fall in each subdivision

Reactions: SCHS 96
I can see that happening too, getting the cart before the horse (ha, see what I did there?).

Also just saw where ECHS has canceled/forfeited it’s final two JV games. So disappointing for those kids.

Maybe they've called up the rest of the JV team to help finish the varsity schedule.

Should have done that last week instead of cancelling the varsity game!!!

Can someone explain to me how south or Whiteville can go west? Pull up a map and explain what kinda sense that would make! Whoever makes these decisions must work for the state because they do whatever is opposite of what makes the most sense.
It depends on the field (teams ) that qualify. Then, 2017 N.C. High School Football School Longitudes (checkout http://simmonsratings.com/longitude.htm) On a flat map east and west is somewhat distorted but on a globe with longitude measurements, some traditional eastern schools are further west than they may appear on a flat map.Thus depending on the qualifying field to split the number of teams equally east and west teams generally considered east (like for example Fairmont, South Robeson, South Columbus, Whiteville, East Bladen etc) could be pulled west to balance the field by longitude. I think I'm right about this. I hope it helps.

Yikes, really don’t want to go West. When was the last time that actually happened? I can’t think of any in the last decade that I’m aware of

Yikes, really don’t want to go West. When was the last time that actually happened? I can’t think of any in the last decade that I’m aware of
2008. We were the #1 seed out West and lost in the 3rd round when Starmount came to town and pulled the upset. It was the year and our heartbreaking loss in the State Championship.

We also went West in 2003&2004.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT