ADVERTISEMENT

South Central @ Scotland

scots roll

Jul 3, 2015
Scots licking their wounds from the Richmond beat down and now it's the win or you go home season. What's the deal on South Central???

Do not know their deal but I hope you guys win . I would love to see both Richmond & Scotland go to the state & both bring them rings home to represent our conference
Go Raiders
Go Scots
Might be the best chance if scots can get over that tail kicking we got. I like our chances if we can. We need to be more like 1st half scots and you all need to be 2nd half raiders and if that happens both will be a tough out.

Reactions: RaiderTitanium
Richmond has been a great 2nd half time all year . Tbh Scotland is good some fans and people higher rank may have a different opinion and them thoughts will hurt a team , because if your fans and higher rank people don’t have confidence in you how can you have confidence in yourselves and that’s what I think is hurting Scotland . It hurt Richmond for years

Richmond has been a great 2nd half time all year . Tbh Scotland is good some fans and people higher rank may have a different opinion and them thoughts will hurt a team , because if your fans and higher rank people don’t have confidence in you how can you have confidence in yourselves and that’s what I think is hurting Scotland . It hurt Richmond for years
Injuries has been the issue. What others say has no bearing on how these kids play. The team that plays with focus and toughness normally win. We will see.

Ands D's number 1 overall seed N's D's 4a East Gottttt Waxed and Mounted by 3a Conley. So much 4's that.

I know how much you care about school size. Conley has both a larger roster and ADM than New Bern. 2-9 in 2018 to #1 seed in the 4A East in 2019! Not bad for a roster that consists of more 9th and 10th graders than Seniors! House money!

I know how much you care about school size. Conley has both a larger roster and ADM than New Bern. 2-9 in 2018 to #1 seed in the 4A East in 2019! Not bad for a roster that consists of more 9th and 10th graders than Seniors! House money!
It will not be a good look if they don't win one game for the system not new bern per say but the way these seeds are awarded is disgraceful on some levels. What happened to middle creek is completely insane.

It will not be a good look if they don't win one game for the system not new bern per say but the way these seeds are awarded is disgraceful on some levels. What happened to middle creek is completely insane.

Agreed. Not sure who I rather face yet. 71st is battle tested and well-coached. Riverside has thrown for over 3,000 yards and I'm not sure if I want to face that kinda attack.

Reactions: Octsun
With the teams in this bracket the Scots should have no problem getting back and probably winning state.

I think the Scots will deal with SC first
Sc needs to worry about scotland and stop doing stuff like kickoffs to the 50 yard line. With all those kids that can run if you can't cover kickoffs then you deserve to get them returned. Stop committing penalties that are drive killers and that extend drives. Do those things and play hard then the rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Happy to be in the playoffs , anything else is a plus, the future is bright

Sc needs to worry about scotland and stop doing stuff like kickoffs to the 50 yard line. With all those kids that can run if you can't cover kickoffs then you deserve to get them returned. Stop committing penalties that are drive killers and that extend drives. Do those things and play hard then the rest will take care of itself.
Definitely didn’t get the pooch kicks and giving RC a short field.

Definitely didn’t get the pooch kicks and giving RC a short field.
Trying to keep ball out of 31 hands but you got to execute the kicks correctly. Onside would have been just as good as the one that started the 2nd half. Actually an onside would not have been a bad idea to try and steal that momentum back. Getting down 2 scores to rc is just not where you want to be with a run oriented team.

Scots licking their wounds from the Richmond beat down and now it's the win or you go home season. What's the deal on South Central???
South Central lost 22 seniors out of 43 on the roster last year. This year they have 3 starting seniors on offense and 2 starting seniors on defense. They have as many sophmores as juniors in key positions on both sides of the ball. They have 2 senior QBs one they moved to WR the other has a baseball scholly already locked down so I'm not sure how much his heart is into football. Both are good athletes but neither posses the skills you look for to lead a spread offense in my opinion. Scots should roll easily. The underclassmen for South Central will file this experience away and use it to try to make a run next year.

Last edited:
Trying to keep ball out of 31 hands but you got to execute the kicks correctly. Onside would have been just as good as the one that started the 2nd half. Actually an onside would not have been a bad idea to try and steal that momentum back. Getting down 2 scores to rc is just not where you want to be with a run oriented team.
I agree with that.

I don't understand why we don't kick it deep... especially in the RC game...giving the #1 team, with the #1 offense , and a qb you haven't stopped all night, the ball on the 50 and at times behind the 50 makes no damn sense... never understood Baileys "logic" on that. Cant keep doing that..especially with teams who can air it out... you''ll be play catch up the whole game.

31 has returned about 2 kickoffs for touchdowns. He was trying to keep the ball out of his hands. I would take my chances against him returning past the 40 - IMO. Anyway he is the coach and we are just a bunch M-S coaches

Reactions: Ben-Badd
don't make much sense to me my friend... give em the ball at the 50 and 4 to 6 plays later... touchdown... meanwhile we get the ball at the 20 and have to grind it out 80 yds...but hey... like you say... its an opinion...lol

Reactions: devilmac99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT