South Central (10-2) @ Scotland County (10-1) Round 3

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Scotland will host their second set of Falcons in back
to back weeks in Round 3 Friday after Thanksgiving. The
visiting SC has played the likes of West Craven, SW Edgecome,
Rose, New Bern,and Conley, while the home SC has played
Mallard Creek,Hillside, West Meck, Richmond, Pinecrest, 71st(2).
Both are averaging more than 50 per game. Scotland with the run
nearly exclusively and I assume the Falcons with the pass.
Anyone know anything about these Falcons, thoughts, opinions?
My early thoughts are that the visiting SC will need their average
of 50 and 2 more scores to think about the win column here.

We's and HSFB MAN says they's rolls N's 2 Pate like Da bears Greenville Rose did not LONGS ago ands TAKE D'S HIGH ands LOWS Roads just LIKES the REST of them so call Giant Killers did, man GO home RETHINK and COMES back agAIN

South Central runs the wide open riot offense but they have the
Rodney King defense that seems to take a beating every game.

South Central runs the wide open riot offense but they have the
Rodney King defense that seems to take a beating every game.
Combine that with Scotland has scored on something like 55 of last 60 possessions and
you get the idea here. In all seriousness 70 might
be needed here for the visitors to win barring a
crazy turnover amount.

They will need 80 pints to defeat The Fighting Scots... if I may... leave your defense at home... you won't need them.

Reactions: RaidersRocks
#2 from South Central is a nice 2 way play the problem is the 2 way part. They really move the ball around to a lot of folks a little like West Meck - the qb is quick as a cat and most of this throws are short and they turn into big gains on stuff i have seen.

Bout time you get on board.
The only thang I came on board on was The Love Boat. Aint nobody can afford to hop on that limousine stretched wagon up yond. Im too poor to paint, too proud to whitewash. If the Scotties dare come in 2nd place Go Scots knickers will end up in a knot. You do know he's a snake in the grass. always has been always will be. As of right now Go_Scots is busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor as he is painting Pate, picking up bleacher trash, and ah-working on the Jumbotron bass booster to frighten the birds and send them South.

Think we'll have a similar score as this past Friday night between 71st and SC. Love what Coach Tew is doing at South Central but this is a different animal. Conley had 800 total yards a few weeks ago against the Falcons, 500+ in the air and 300 on the ground. South Central's leading tackler is 5'7-175 pounds, that would concern me going against two running backs that are 6'1-220+. I think the Falcons will put up points, maybe 30+, the problem is Scotland will put up 60+. #1 and #2 for the Falcons are problems with #2 being 6'4 but as John likes to say, just not enough Jimmy's and Joe's.

Does the RB being out for Scotland Co. change the prediction for this game or does Scotland Co. have some depth at this position and or this team is overmatched elsewhere?

Does the RB being out for Scotland Co. change the prediction for this game or does Scotland Co. have some depth at this position and or this team is overmatched elsewhere?

O-line will still create holes for #5 and company but they'll miss that second gear of #34. Won't effect them this week but it will next week and possibly the week after.

Reactions: Veejay4

Not many teams can plug in another RB with SEC offers. Scotland can. No one can replace Zamir, he is in a league of his own. But, McQueen is better than 99% of the backs in NC.

Not many teams can plug in another RB with SEC offers. Scotland can. No one can replace Zamir, he is in a league of his own. But, McQueen is better than 99% of the backs in NC.
He is very similar to backs like Lawrence, Pennix and the kid from Lee county. Not as fast or quick but very good vision and patience. They key going forward will be the emergence of McKoy and Smith who have enough pop in their step to go the distance based on what I have seen. Those guys will now be called upon and not just in mop up duty. Smith has played a lot so this will not be new for him.

I would not want to be the opponent at Pate Stadium Friday nite... something like this just makes everybody else turn it up a notch and don't be surprised at the show these kids put on this week.

better than 99% backs in NC? I need whatever you drinking
Name me 10 that are better not just looking at stats cause if that is the case Person from Heritage is better than White and we all know that ain't true. There are 3 in Charlotte and 3 in Raleigh I can name and one in Greensboro and 1 in Lee County. After that i'm lost. I don't know them all and neither do you but the kid had offers as a soph. Maybe 99% is high but when calling roll it will not take long to get to his name. By the way I drinking Tito if you are buying. Kid is a very good player better suited to to play linebacker if i had to guest but he would start on 99% of the teams in NC at back.There is that 99% again - LOL

What is it 374 schools in NC? each have at least 2 backs. 748 guys, so he isn't in the top 8? He is listed as the #3 2019 running back in NC so, 99% seems pretty close.

Last edited:
I don’t think this puts the pressure on Scotland rather it takes some of the pressure off. They won’t play to meet expectations but play with their hearts and give their all.

Maybe 70-75%. I understand loving your school. So whatever you say. Still need to get whatever it is you drink

What is it 374 schools in NC? each have at least 2 backs. 748 guys, so he isn't in the top 8? He is listed as the #3 2019 running back in NC so, 99% seems pretty close.

He is a very good HS running back. Big strong kid with decent wheels who will run over alot of HS LB's. You could win alot of games with him at RB behind that Oline. If nobody had every heard of Zamir he probably breaks some rushing records at Scotland.

3rd best RB in 2019?? I dont know maybe I guess. Would have to be a pretty down year and before you start telling me about rankings two of the services have a kid ranked from Mallard Creek who hasnt been enrolled in high school all year.

Lets just say he is a good running back.

Reactions: nepsy7 and Champ_24
Top 2 scoring teams in 4a at 52 and 51 ppg
Scentral around 225 and smaller across front line, A pair of linebackers around 175, very quik fast guys but lack of size. Numbers not
very large either, guys going both ways.
Looking forward to another Friday.
Safe travels .

Top 2 scoring teams in 4a at 52 and 51 ppg
Scentral around 225 and smaller across front line, A pair of linebackers around 175, very quik fast guys but lack of size. Numbers not
very large either, guys going both ways.
Looking forward to another Friday.
Safe travels .

South Central top scoring came against a bunch of cupcakes though. The majority teams they played are not even ranked in the Top 200 in the State. Get a running clock and start sitting your starters. Get ready for Hoggard or Heritage on 12/1/2017

Reactions: sikner51
I hate to agree with Nepsy and Scotswin, because it will ruin my impeccable reputation, BUT South Central is going to get lit up by the Scots.

Scotland 42-28. No Zeus, but they still have running backs. S. Central's best hope is to throw the ball and wear out the Scots secondary. A lot of points will be scored in this game.

South Central won’t be able to slow down the Scots. 175 lb linebackers against 210+ lb backs won’t be a good matchup. Scots score every possession as they have been unless they turn the ball over. South central will put up some points, but I don’t think it will be nearly enough to keep pace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT