ADVERTISEMENT

Some S.C. 5A scores

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
I believe I will post all future S.C. scores for this thread. So here are some (5A) week 4 S.C. scores.

4-0 Gaffney 38 Clover 10

4-0 Dutch Fork 55 Lexington 13. Can Tom Knotts and company make another magical run for a State Title

(5A) 4-0 Northwestern 17 (4A) 3-1 South Pointe 3. Northwestern is looking good.

4-0 Fort Dorchester 42 West Ashley 14
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Fort Dorchester knocking on the doors for a Championship game.

4-0 Sumter 50 St James 7 Sumter is a team to keep an eye on

3-1 Boiling Springs 63 Fort Mill 0. Boiling Springs is making some noise

2-2 Carolina Forest 41 Socastee 6

2-0 Byrnes n Hannah - cancelled

1-1 Dorman n Wade Hampton - Postponed

Last edited:
Travelled the 2 hrs for the Northwestern/ South Pointe game. Great stadium there at SP to watch a game . The NW defense Completely dominated this game while there offense was good enough. A bit unusual as there TE (looking) guy was there main RB. He got the ball over and over and was good for between 2-6 yds every run. I don’t think he had a run over about 8 yds. When not at rb, he lined up mainly in the slot. He had a TE number.
I think NW Will be a tough out for anyone but some limitations on offense the downfall. Ofcourse this is just one game from a visitors eyeball I know nothing about injuries and such a team may have.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Probably one of the games to watch for is 3-1 Summerville vs 4-0 Fort Dorchester. Big game with this one.

So far the Summerville n Fort Dorchester turning out to be a good one. Summerville leading 28-21 in the 3rd.

Scores for week 5. Listing just some top 5A team finals. I try to find and make accurate scores. So if anyone finds a mistake on scoring let me know. I will correct.

5-0 Fort Dorchester 35 Summerville 34.
Summerville leading 28-14 at one point, but Fort Dorchester would battle back for a win.

5-0 Dutch Fort 21 Spring Valley 0. Surprised with only a 21-0 win over a team with 1 win.

4-1 Boiling Springs 27 Greenwood 24

5-0 Northwestern 35 Rock Hill 21

3-2 Carolina Forest 70 St.James 28

2-1 Dorman 21 Spartanburg 0.

5-0 Sumter 35 Conway 0

Next Week will be interesting to see 5-0 Dutch Fork take on ( 4A) South Pointe.

Games to watch for this week.

4-1 Berkeley at 3-2 Summerville
2-0 Byrnes at 2-1 Dorman

I will be out of town this week so may not be able to get in scores until Saturday evening. So if anyone has any scores update if you want to.

Last edited:
Will be at the Dutch Fort / South Pointe game . Hope it’s a good one . Attended the Northwestern/ SP game a couple weeks back and NW dominated SP at SP. Will DF DO the same thing to South Pointe . Looking for a better showing this week from SP.

It was a mismatch from start to finish. DF gets ball first and in 3 plays its 7-0 and it never got much better. The kinda side arm qb for DF is pretty good ( Clemson b-ball fball I hear) SP at qb the number 2 qb seems to be the better option but the outcome the same no points. The referee in this game thought people came to see him I do believe. The home team more than frustrated with how things were called. There were a couple of incidents with the SP sideline and the referee and even an unsportsmanlike right after a discussion with the sideline. Have attended two South Pointe games and they took two beat downs Northwestern and Dutch Fort both at hone. I think I will be heading east next week to Myrtle Beach North Myrtle Beach...
Oh yes and by the way the chicken sandwiches from Chick-fil-A were excellent there at the ballpark

WEEK 6 of some 5A scores

3-1 Dorman 37 2-1 Byrnes 18

6-0 Northwestern 26 Spring Valley 7

6-0 ( 5A) Dutch Fork 35 (4A) South Pointe 7

4-2 (5A) Carolina Forest 40 ( 4A) 4-1 Beaufort 20

6-0 Fort Dorchester 41 Wando 7

4-2 Summerville 42 5-1 Berkeley 20

Last edited:
Attempted n myrtle beach/ Myrtle beach , saw Sunday tics on sale Tuesday at noon , checked back Tuesday at 12:05 pm said tics were sold out, can’t figure that one out or get anyone on the phone so heading South for Sumter//Crestwood ,
Looks to be a good local matchup , Sumter still hasn’t lost , saw them a few weeks back beat Carolina forest in OT. Looking for a good game .

Reactions: UNC91
4-2 South Pointe will play at 0-5 Rock Hill. I believe RH is better than their record. They played some good teams with respectable losses. I think this could be a very good matchup. Of course I could be wrong .

Last edited:
Game played last night as of 11/5/20
(5A) 6-1 Carolina Forest 42 (4A) Wilson 6.

Max Preps had CF listed as 5-1 before the
game was played last night. So I had to make a correction with CF win/lost record. Only loss for CF that I could find was against Sumter 34-27. Playoffs is around the corner so I’m looking forward to see how the 5A bracket will look.

Week 7 scores

(3A) 5-0 Camden 30 (5A) 2-2 Byrnes 19

3-3 Spartanburg 30 4-2 Boiling Springs 20.

5-0 Gaffney 24 Blythewood 18

6-0 Sumter 28. Crestwood 9

5-2 Goose Creek 30 4-3 Summerville 27

7-0 Fort Dorchester 57 Berkeley 32

6-1 (5A) Carolina Forest 42 (4A) Wilson 6 Game was played on 11/5/20

Looking at the 5A playoffs it’s hard to say at this point who could win it all. Dutch Fork seems to have a stingy defense but the offense is not like the last couple years. But they still could do it. I feel Dorman could be in the hunt and wouldn’t count them out.
Fort Dorchester is looking good. Also Sumter could make a good run. As for Gaffney I don’t have high hopes like I did early in the season. They seem to struggle at times but hey this is why the game is played on the field. Covid could play a spoiler but I’m hoping that the games can be played out. Best of luck to all the teams including 1A-4A as well. As soon as the 5A bracket is final I will list it.

Another score to add. (4A) 5-2 South Pointe 21 (5A) 0-6 Rock Hill 18. I figure that would be a good game and even I thought it could come down between 3-7 points for the winner. Rock Hill is not a bad team but played some tough competition.

Last edited:
Sumter has no shot, the offense just can’t put up points , don’t let 28 deceive you last night, 2 very short fields on turnovers and a pic 6 for 3 scores. The defense is very solid and can turn you over. Carolina forest was much better than Sumter early in the year but turnovers and short field doomed them at sumter . If you don’t turn it over verse Sumter and score 17 then you win . (Play descent d ofcourse)

Sumter has no shot, the offense just can’t put up points , don’t let 28 deceive you last night, 2 very short fields on turnovers and a pic 6 for 3 scores. The defense is very solid and can turn you over. Carolina forest was much better than Sumter early in the year but turnovers and short field doomed them at sumter . If you don’t turn it over verse Sumter and score 17 then you win . (Play descent d ofcourse)

Scotswin,

How do you think Sumter would do against us or the Scots? I know it's hard to tell having not seen either of us play this year, but compared to the past few years? Overall athleticism?

It's Dutch Fork than everyone else. They will win it again. Tommy just out coaches everyone he plays.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT