ADVERTISEMENT

So whats the impact?

smashmouth5

Aug 25, 2001
Old Roy wants to shut it down again but doesn't have the nerve to do it himself. Is putting pressure on the individual counties to do it themselves. Does it impact the current sports plan?

Was listening to WBT. They said Dr Cohen is supposed to meet with all 100 county managers this week. Sounds like a little passing of the buck by Cooper. Doesn't want to go backwards but wants county leadership to do it for him. If it becomes a county by county decision then I am afraid it could look different county by county for sports.

Enforcement of the executive orders has always been done on a local level. The letter to 36 counties was to encourage local leaders with spikes in their counties to take stronger action.
Many posters have said that their county or area shouldn’t be affected because other counties are hot spots. Well, that’s what Cooper just did.

If there were not an election it would have been shut down. Until people wear a mask this isn't going anywhere. 83,000 new cases yesterday. If Forest is elected we're all screwed. At least Coop is trying to save lives. Y'all must really not know anybody who has been effected by this?

The fake covid flu. Lock yourself in your house. I will never wear a mask. Education is key on this topic.

This is anything but fake i lost someone i care about because of this. Just because you haven't been affected doesnt mean others haven't.

Oh I've have two grandmas die and another close family friend pass. It's the flu, each person that got it, that I've known, had preexisting conditions. We cant shut down the biggest economic country in the world. I've also watched my son lose a business, a close friend file bankruptcy. This flu shit isn't going away. Go outside exercise. Stop eating so damn much food with more deadly ingredients then this flu. You have to be in control of your body brother. It is a fear tactic at the highest level. See you have to understand, my grandmother passed, couldn't have a funeral or service for her. But George floyd dies and there 10,000 people that didnt even know him at his funeral. You understand this right

Old Roy wants to shut it down again but doesn't have the nerve to do it himself. Is putting pressure on the individual counties to do it themselves. Does it impact the current sports plan?
And if the the seriousness fades away and life starts to goes back to normal, will you still be in the state of denial that mask and shutdowns are the only reason why? I understand it will not disappear but understanding there is a new normal that we have to live with has to start sometime. Both parties have kids getting damaged by this, so I predict life starts back to normal 11/4. One party will slowly open up to hide the fact it was magnified for political gain and the other will open full time and protect the vulnerable. PLAY BALL!!!!

If counties in wnc shut down restaurants and businesses again the citizens will hang em. Covid is real but shutting down the state and shutting down football hasn’t helped stop or limit it. It’s a virus for goodness sake

Reactions: UNC91 and 97Cougar
Missouri has over 4 million less people than NC. From the stats I can find we have more cases and about the same amount of deaths linked to the virus. We have HS sports. Our local school an others close by limit attendance. Every other row is taped off. Very few wear masks and just move the tape and sit where ever they want. I and the wife do wear masks when in town at the stores. Yes I've had close kin come down with it and some died, with pre-existing conditions. Those that came down with it never wear masks or avoid large gatherings. Havnt been to a eat in place since March. Of course we never went that much anyway. Weather it a virus, the flu or something else I dont think it will ease up any way soon. Kinda like climate change, learn to live with it. My opinion is worth as much or as little as anyone else. I will deal with it as I see fit and respect everyone else who does also. Not a whole lot has changed (yet) in my way of life. Of course I'm getting older, I guess thats a good thing, and age brings on its own changes. None of us will get out of this alive, never have, never will. At this point of my life I refuse to make a whole lot of compromises for any reason.

Wishing all well

Mitchell county has few cases and only 5 deaths. I think we have 25 active cases now. Very few people are wearing masks we are operating like normal. This virus is real and bad, but I don’t think these precautions are helping slow it down.

Mitchell county has few cases and only 5 deaths. I think we have 25 active cases now. Very few people are wearing masks we are operating like normal. This virus is real and bad, but I don’t think these precautions are helping slow it down.

Wouldn’t expect that many cases in Mitchell county anyway

Reactions: UNC91 and Mhsneer
So, if you have pre existing conditions, screw you? That's a great mentality to have. Hope none of y'all inherit any pre existing conditions or this "fake flu". Change your handle UNC91, you obviously aren't very educated if this is your mentality of the situation.

So, if you have pre existing conditions, screw you? That's a great mentality to have. Hope none of y'all inherit any pre existing conditions or this "fake flu". Change your handle UNC91, you obviously aren't very educated if this is your mentality of the situation.

Come on brother, no these people should take caution aka wear mask and stay inside. Its real but not even close to deadly. It's a scare tactic brother. Sorry for your loss and everyone American that has died. But in enc overdose has killed more people by far this year. Suicide is up 500% with covid, I mean 22 service men n women commit suicide daily. You can live in fear and let it become the new norm, but I will never

Reactions: Mavrick69
Come on brother, no these people should take caution aka wear mask and stay inside. Its real but not even close to deadly. It's a scare tactic brother. Sorry for your loss and everyone American that has died. But in enc overdose has killed more people by far this year. Suicide is up 500% with covid, I mean 22 service men n women commit suicide daily. You can live in fear and let it become the new norm, but I will never
Problem is so many people can't stay home or inside. 22 vets commit suicide per day because we don't take care of them when they come home from serving our country. They should have free unlimited healthcare, counseling, weed, whatever they need. I don't know about suicide rates being up but I bet they are due to unemployment, spousal abuse, food insecurity, etc. If the disease were not effecting people of color more, do you think the response would be different? I think so. Because of the systemic racism that exists so prevalantly in this country. Anyway, I digress. ?Hope we get back to normal one day soon and go back to talking football.

The fake covid flu. Lock yourself in your house. I will never wear a mask. Education is key on this topic.

We agree a lot on the state of SWO football, but bro!!!!!. I don't have the answer as to what to do, but this mentality of thinning out the population needs to stop. Our great economy is based on ingenuity. I have made a living working at hotels off and on for nearly 20 years, so yes I see the downside of shutting down. Taking 20 percent less a year just to do 20 percent more work, but I also see how innovation starts to come into play, and that starts new jobs. You spoke of a fellow black man George Floyd and how unjust that was, but by hitting the reset button and coming up with different methods of doing things it gives the underprivileged a chance to start at a level playing field (Trust me nobody would care what color someone is if they could think of a way to give a covd free haircut).

Again I don't know what we as humans should do, but pretending something is fake while friends and family die is not it. Understand money is paper, and yes I am aware it is backed by our natural resources, but last check all we need to survive is clean water and food.

I'm not saying shut things down, but what I am saying is, if we had shut things down in March and kept it down, we as a nation as a world would be piecing this thing back together right now, rather than being at the same exact spot we were at 7 months ago.

Stay safe and make whatever decision is best for you and yours, but remember as I wear my mask and protect you from me, can you at least think about protecting me from you.

I think I'm healthy enough to survive this virus if I get it, but I don't want to take that chance!!!

Last edited:
We agree a lot on the state of SWO football, but bro!!!!!. I don't have the answer as to what to do, but this mentality of thinning out the population needs to stop. Our great economy is based on ingenuity. I have made a living working at hotels off and on for nearly 20 years, so yes I see the downside of shutting down. Taking 20 percent less a year just to do 20 percent more work, but I also see how innovation starts to come into play, and that starts new jobs. You spoke of a fellow black man George Floyd and how unjust that was, but by hitting the reset button and coming up with different methods of doing things it gives the underprivileged a chance to start at a level playing field (Trust me nobody would care what color someone is if they could think of a way to give a covd free haircut).

Again I don't know what we as humans should do, but pretending something is fake while friends and family die is not it. Understand money is paper, and yes I am aware it is backed by our natural resources, but last check all we need to survive is clean water and food.

I'm not saying shut things down, but what I am saying is, if we had shut things down in March and kept it down, we as a nation as a world would be piecing this thing back together right now, rather than being at the same exact spot we were at 7 months ago.

Stay safe and make whatever decision is best for you and yours, but remember as I wear my mask and protect you from me, can you at least think about protecting me from you.

I think I'm healthy enough to survive this virus if I get it, but I don't want to take that chance!!!

I respect your opinion brother. We bleed orange and black. But I will never live in fear, this is a fear tactic at its finest. What till next tuesday and if trump wins again, like most are saying by a landslide, things will get a lot worse.

When talking about covid deaths your must talk about lockdown deaths abd abuse. At what point is the cure worse than disease? Seems like we are at that point.

Not ignoring that at all. All of the destruction caused by this disease, lack of cancer screenings and disgnosis, unemployment, now evictions, are results of a terribly planned and executed response to Covid. The countries that did a strong shutdown recovered much quicker to normal. Of course in places like China and South Korea where I have friends, they wear a mask and it's not a big deal. Our sense of freedom rights is slowing our succcess against the virus and slowing the destruction that has resulted. In other countries they provide money so people can stay home, pay their rent, get a computer to telework, supplement businesses, etc. We don't do that here. So, it just gets worse. I love how people are so quick to stand behind their bible teachings but just as quick to not help our fellow humans get through hardships and this pandemic. It's all so fascinating to see the hipocracy.

Claiming we've had a poor response to Covid is BS!!!! That's a political statement that's been repeated ad nauseum. No one knew anything about this virus until it was upon us. No one! A lot of happended in 45-60 days from mid Jauary to mid March. The Queen Mary didn't turn on a dime and country with 335 million people doesn't just stop and revervse the course of life overnight. If Trump did know in late January and told the whole world he'd have been criticized. Everything he's done has been criticized. The national response is and has been as good as anyone could have and would have done. Anyone acting today like they could have done better is out of the f-ing mind!

Shutting down was never a good idea. Anyone that claims we'd be better off today than we are had shut things down is ignorant. I guess they had a crystal ball that told them this? The truth is we are better off today than we were in March. Don't have the energy to cite stats right now but deaths in all age groups is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Yes, there are more positive tests but the percentage of positive tests remain fairly level. Hell, we're only testing everyone that gets near someone who is positive!

If the truth be known 6-7% of the population is always infected with something. That's why your high school health teacher should have told you if it's wet and not yours, don't touch it! The truth is we've screwed up millions of lives starting with half of a generation of young people. I hope we recover but I'm not sure we'll ever be the same. What are we going to do when the next virus comes around? Another will come. You can bet on it.

"all we need to survive is clean water and food."

And it doesn't magically appear at your dinner table and cup. Someone has to grow, raise, harvest, slaughter, package, transport, stock, and sell you that food. Someone has to impound, pipe, treat, and transmit that water to you or dig/tap and pipe you in a well or spring water.

Yep, shut it down, shut it all down. There would be a whole lot more dead and not from Covid. Most people in this country don't know how to plant and raise a garden. They sure aren't raising and killing their own hogs and cattle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT