ADVERTISEMENT

So What Can Be Done?

AmosAlonzoStagg

Sep 25, 2020
I watched coaches from across the state discuss their displeasure and gripes which were all sound and deserved to be addressed but I did not hear of an action or a solution. Anyone have real ideas to fix this dilemma?

I did hear some solutions but I think some of it would tough to do

1.We need change voting process n get down to like 50% or Majority then 75%

2.Penalized the schools they may not vote esp the Superintendent, AD and Principles who may run the show at their schools

3. Coach need talk up more and maybe they need to Raleigh n tell them their issues face to face

There is, in my opinion, a disconnect between the NCHSAA and the board with the rank and file coaches and schools. Que coached but it was many years ago. She and the state office have little idea about how things really work in a school.

The people who get on the realignment commitee for the most part are people who have come up a certain way or been involved in such a way as to produce some "good ole boy" network stuff, OR, many principals and superintendents, and even ADs from certain areas have no idea of how things are done in other areas.

I feel like there is a direction the NCHSAA pushes the committee, and most are not invested enough to really push things, so the NCHSAA agenda is pushed or the agenda of whoever's personality takes over.

One thing i think is that the NCHSAA is very concerned with travel and gate money. While schools, and especially ADs ARE concerned with that, it is NOT to the extent that the NCHSAA THINKS they are.

Most coaches dont want to drive TOO far on the whole, but, especially at small schools or schools who struggle, would rather drive an hour with a chance to win then 20 minutes and a 95% chance of losing.

Another thing is this- when you put everyone in a split league thats close by, who do you schedule non conf games with?

Yep. Those same schools you just got separated from, so you have a chance to be competitive.

So travel isnt actually reduced as much as you might think.

My honest opinion is that the NCHSAA doesnt want 5 or 6 classes, they want 3 and then a split for the playoffs. Thats why the vote was NOT for 4 or more classes, it was for any number. This is also a reason why some schools didnt vote for it, the fear of being in a league with much bigger schools.

Well, guess what? The NCHSAA is going about getting the same result in a different way, but putting them into conferences with even BIGGER gaps in attendance.

Using the ISP mess was stupid too. It should be all ADMs. And we need to realign every two years and have 5 or 6 classes with the biggest and smallest classes being smaller than the middle ones. And theres no need to drag it out like theyre doing. By end of january it should be set.

Dont get me started. Drives me nuts.

Because of how things fall on the map, more split conferences was unavoidable. But they shouldnt be used in places where there are an abundance of teams form each class. Makes no sense.

Reactions: RD28327
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT