ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain Conference Preview

I would disagree. I think both teams had a hard time. If you asked Mountain Heritage players they would probably agree that was a very difficult scrimmage. Looked like Mountain Heritage has already had a scrimmage and some live action before this one. They came out harder than Swain. Game speed vs practice speed. Once Swain adjusted it was very tight and physical the rest of the way. I was very impressed at how fast and how Mountain Heritage gang tackles on defense. That presented a challenge for our offense. Definitely showed some areas that Swain can work on and get better. Swain was just as physical as Heritage. At the end both teams simulated a live game and Swain drove down and scored in a few plays and then Mountain Heritage drove down and scored after several plays. Swain almost pulled off a very good goal line stand. Not sure about Mountain Heritage but Swain did hold back some on the plays and players. I feel they did as well. It’s a preseason scrimmage so nobody won or lost but both teams stayed healthy and improved. That’s the most important thing!
Friday was MH’s first and only pre-season scrimmage. I don’t think either team showed very much of what they’re capable of doing. It was pretty vanilla football. MH scored three times and Swain scored once but that means nothing in a scrimmage. Much respect and good luck to the Swain Maroon Devils this season. I think Swain will win a lot of games this season.

Friday was MH’s first and only pre-season scrimmage. I don’t think either team showed very much of what they’re capable of doing. It was pretty vanilla football. MH scored three times and Swain scored once but that means nothing in a scrimmage. Much respect and good luck to the Swain Maroon Devils this season. I think Swain will win a lot of games this season.

Very good scrimmage overall on both sides. Good test to get things started this season. Not that it does not matter but Swain had a TD pass dropped and gave up one TD pass when the receiver false started. It was that close but I too felt both teams were holding back. It sure was a physical scrimmage. Both teams looked like they are going to have good seasons. We scrimmaged MH the last several years and this was the most competitive one. Best of luck to MH this season. I would say they are primed to win their conference again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT