ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain Conference Preview

Hayesville had a really good team in '97, I knew it was somewhere in that time range as I very vaguely remember him. I was pretty young then though so couldn't pin it down exactly.

That '99 Robbinsville team doesn't get enough pub on here when talking top Robbinsville teams though, that was a really good team.
Coy played on the ‘97 team they were good that year also!

Yeah and we only lost one by2 points. We basically ran out of time.
Also our jv line will be huge this year with some new faces.

This jv team isnt the one from 2 years ago.
We have 16 freshmen that wasn't on that team 2 years ago that got veat by Andrews

U say joke but this may happen this season. Robbinsville looks very strong and Murphy plays at Swain.
I agree 40, don't think I would be calling that a joke either. Personally I feel like Murphy's 1's are the better team but they don't have the depth of a typical Murphy team. They lose a couple at a crucial time and could take a L to Swain or Rville or both. Looking more and more like a 3 way tie to me.

Reactions: PantherPit07
I have 1. Robbinsville. 2. Murphy 3. Swain. I have the rest of the conference as a toss up. Lol. I think Hayesville has a chance of finishing 4th. But they have to stay healthy. If injuries start, they very well could finish last.

Reactions: PantherPit07
I have 1. Robbinsville. 2. Murphy 3. Swain. I have the rest of the conference as a toss up. Lol. I think Hayesville has a chance of finishing 4th. But they have to stay healthy. If injuries start, they very well could finish last.

The rest of the conference will not be a toss-up. Andrews should be clearly better than the bottom half of the conference this year.

The rest of the conference will not be a toss-up. Andrews should be clearly better than the bottom half of the conference this year.
I'm being realistic. Bottom half can't afford injuries. Hayesville talking about injuries already, Andrew's lost 2 bigs, Cherokee lost to transfer, and Rosman has lost kid to transfer and some kids not playing. That is why I made the statement that the bottom half is a toss up.

After watching last nights scrimmage.....I STAND BY my statement that Rville will lose by double digits to Swain, Murphy and hopefully the Braves. Rville line is suspect. But by god, Andrews with a running qb might give some teams headaches. Who knows. I just know this season there will be a lot of mad posters cause there is going to be some toss up football games

Cherokee finishes in bottom 2.
We scored 3 or more times on Cherokee and gave up zero points.
Every year after this scrimmage andrews and Cherokee talk big.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
After watching last nights scrimmage.....I STAND BY my statement that Rville will lose by double digits to Swain, Murphy and hopefully the Braves. Rville line is suspect. But by god, Andrews with a running qb might give some teams headaches. Who knows. I just know this season there will be a lot of mad posters cause there is going to be some toss up football games
Lol..Hooper goes 90 yds against Cherokee on the 3rd play from scrimmage.
Robbinsville line is suspect?? Its the EXACT same line as last year except they are bigger faster and stronger with plenty of depth behind them now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Actually....none of your facts are correct. We didn’t come to talks little Big Oak jamboree last year and if I’m correct the year before. Rville ain’t nobody said y’all gonna go 0-11 calm down sparky. But ain’t nobody said you going to the ship either.

I'm being realistic. Bottom half can't afford injuries. Hayesville talking about injuries already, Andrew's lost 2 bigs, Cherokee lost to transfer, and Rosman has lost kid to transfer and some kids not playing. That is why I made the statement that the bottom half is a toss up.

Fair statement. Many teams are one or two injuries from a disappointing season.

Actually....none of your facts are correct. We didn’t come to talks little Big Oak jamboree last year and if I’m correct the year before. Rville ain’t nobody said y’all gonna go 0-11 calm down sparky. But ain’t nobody said you going to the ship either.
Whew

Reactions: BK13T-$
Heard Swain had a tough time last night but any team in the SMC would have had a hard time with MH also.
Heritage is small, but they make up for in speed and physicality. Would you rather get hit by 290lbs going 4mph, or 240lbs going 15mph? This is one of the quickest Heritage teams I've ever seen. From what I'm hearing, their offense isn't as good as the last couple years, but the defense is quick and nasty. 3-4 defenders on every tackle. Joey knows how to swarm the ball like no other in the mountains.

Reactions: Swaindad40
Heard Swain had a tough time last night but any team in the SMC would have had a hard time with MH also.

I would disagree. I think both teams had a hard time. If you asked Mountain Heritage players they would probably agree that was a very difficult scrimmage. Looked like Mountain Heritage has already had a scrimmage and some live action before this one. They came out harder than Swain. Game speed vs practice speed. Once Swain adjusted it was very tight and physical the rest of the way. I was very impressed at how fast and how Mountain Heritage gang tackles on defense. That presented a challenge for our offense. Definitely showed some areas that Swain can work on and get better. Swain was just as physical as Heritage. At the end both teams simulated a live game and Swain drove down and scored in a few plays and then Mountain Heritage drove down and scored after several plays. Swain almost pulled off a very good goal line stand. Not sure about Mountain Heritage but Swain did hold back some on the plays and players. I feel they did as well. It’s a preseason scrimmage so nobody won or lost but both teams stayed healthy and improved. That’s the most important thing!

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Heritage is small, but they make up for in speed and physicality. Would you rather get hit by 290lbs going 4mph, or 240lbs going 15mph? This is one of the quickest Heritage teams I've ever seen. From what I'm hearing, their offense isn't as good as the last couple years, but the defense is quick and nasty. 3-4 defenders on every tackle. Joey knows how to swarm the ball like no other in the mountains.

Very accurate! But they did have a few players with good size. Linebackers were a good size and could read and react well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT