ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain Conference Preview

I tell you what Hayesville could be 5-1 coming into the Murphy game with confidence high and clicking on all cylinders. While Murphy may be 3-3 and struggling with their confidence, put that all together maybe Hayesville gives them a run for their money. I do not see Hayesville winning simply because Murphy has a bye week the week before and Hayesville will be coming off possibly their first loss of the year to Robbinsville. The only game I see on Hayesvilles schedule I dont think they can win is Robbinsville. I don't think they will go 11-1 but i am predicting a 9-3/8-4 type of season. Y'all think I am crazy but this will be a different and special year for the Yellow Jackets.

I tell you what Hayesville could be 5-1 coming into the Murphy game with confidence high and clicking on all cylinders. While Murphy may be 3-3 and struggling with their confidence, put that all together maybe Hayesville gives them a run for their money. I do not see Hayesville winning simply because Murphy has a bye week the week before and Hayesville will be coming off possibly their first loss of the year to Robbinsville. The only game I see on Hayesvilles schedule I dont think they can win is Robbinsville. I don't think they will go 11-1 but i am predicting a 9-3/8-4 type of season. Y'all think I am crazy but this will be a different and special year for the Yellow Jackets.
I dont think you are crazy. I think you are "different and special" with that said. Best of luck to your team this season.

Reactions: therealsquid
I do not see Hayesville winning simply because Murphy has a bye week the week before and Hayesville will be coming off possibly their first loss.
Yes, you heard that right folks. The reason Hayesville wont beat Murphy this season is because Murphy has a bye going into that game... LMFAO

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23

There will still be a running clock , the question is will it be before or after halftime

Hayesville fans seem to fall into two categories: 1) knowledgeable and level headed like SMC Train and recycled2 and the latter category, 2) delusional and apparently only know football from playing Madden like PatherPit07 and cavalier.

A couple of good skill people for the Jackets isnt going to mean a hill of beans because they will get dominated at the LOS when they play Murphy. That's not an opinion, that's a fact, barring damn near all of Murphy's line being hurt when they play Hayesville.

Last edited:
Hayesville fans seem to fall into two categories: 1) knowledgeable and level headed like SMC Train and recycled2 and the latter category, 2) delusional and apparently only know football from playing Madden like PatherPit07 and cavalier.

A couple good skill people for the Jackets isnt going to mean a hill of beans because they will get absolutely dominated at the LOS when they play Murphy. That's not an opinion, that's a fact, barring damn near all of Murphy's line being hurt when they play Hayesville.
I am just realistic. Do I believe the jackets will be better? Yes I do they are a year older and barring a lot of injuries like last year they will be better! You are right skill wise we can compete with most of our opponents, but line play has always been the factor for us. I do agree that Murphy has the advantage on the line but there is a different look in these kids eyes this year and I hope that translates into a more competitive game with everyone!

what is more likely ? Jackets upset the Dogs or Dogs have a running clock on the jackets by third qtr ?

Until you have coached football, especially a struggling program...it’s unnecessary to offer what you think you know. Get in them shoes one year please if they would even allow you. Also, please know for sure about who is actually healthy... and then remember that adults and kids read your posts...In the case of Cavalier, he doesn’t know...Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I'm from Hayesville, and they will be content with a 8-4 record if McClure can win atleast 5-6 games a year he won't have to worry about his job. The ONLY reason Hayesville has a chance of being a 7 or 8 win team is that Very Weak non conference schedule. If they can beat Cherokee, Rosman which I have them winning. Andrews is a coin flip. If the beat Andrews they will have a possibility of being a 8 win team. That will give them losses to each of the big 3 and probably a first round exit of the playoffs. With that said, I'm tickled to death football is finally becoming a priority instead of basketball but Rome wasn't built in a day. I do not expect a team to compete with any of the big 3 it will take more then 9months of McClure being head coach. I like what he has done. They are heading in the right direction just going to take time and keeping guys interested in football

Last edited:
Reactions: CherokeeKid
I'm from Hayesville, and they will be content with a 8-4 record if McClure can win atleast 5-6 games a year he won't have to worry about his job. The ONLY reason Hayesville has a chance of being a 7 or 8 win team is that Very Weak non conference schedule. If they can beat Chero

Agreed Hayesville has a great non-conference schedule for a team that desperately needs wins. I don't see Hayesville having any problem beating Cherokee or Rosman. You agree?

Reactions: SMCtalk
Hayesville and Andrews are very similar this year. Both have excellent skill players but will struggle at the LOS leaving those players minimal opportunity.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Andrews could have had a great line this year. No 1A school would handle the transfer of 2 starting linemen well, much less one of the smallest 1A schools. There are still some big boys out there for the Wildcats, but they’ll have to hope there’s no injuries.

Reactions: mbdfan
Hayesville and Andrews are very similar this year. Both have excellent skill players but will struggle at the LOS leaving those players minimal opportunity.
Should be a good game between those two. Hayesville probably a little more skill talent an Andrews probably a little more line talent.

Like O&R said, Andrews could've had a nasty line had Christensen and X. Rattler not transferred. Stillwell an O'Dell will be a good duo but they need help.

Last edited:
Should be a good game between those two. Hayesville probably a little more skill talent an Andrews probably a little more line talent.

Like O&R said, Andrews could've had a nasty line had Christensen and X. Rattler not transferred. Stillwell an O'Dell will be a good duo but they need help.

Is O’Dell playing? His name isn’t on the roster, but I thought I saw him one day when I drove by while they were practicing. Hard to miss.

Andrews could have had a great line this year. No 1A school would handle the transfer of 2 starting linemen well, much less one of the smallest 1A schools. There are still some big boys out there for the Wildcats, but they’ll have to hope there’s no injuries.

Andrews would have pushed for a top 3 spot this year had they stayed intact. I believe they've lost somewhere between 11-13 kids since their good JV team a few years ago. No 1A school can overcome that. They should compete with Robbinsville this year for a JV title unless they start pulling kids up to fill those needs

X Rattler and his younger brother transferred to Robbinsville. Christensen transferred to Baylor School in Chattanooga TN.
Did Christensen have ties to Baylor? That's a interesting move. Baylor has been making waves the past couple years in wrestling. Pulling in a lot of Ga and TN studs into their program.

They should compete with Robbinsville this year for a JV title unless they start pulling kids up to fill those needs
Biscuit what are your thoughts on Murphy's JV team this year? Turnout wasn't great from what I've heard and team seems to be lacking some of the skill talent customarily seen at Murphy

Biscuit what are your thoughts on Murphy's JV team this year? Turnout wasn't great from what I've heard and team seems to be lacking some of the skill talent customarily seen at Murphy

If I was picking on paper I would say SMC JV
1 Andrews
2 Robbinsville
3 Murphy
4 Swain
5 Hayesville

Murphy lost 2 starting lineman to moves this summer, then add in Johnson on varsity. Line play could be a bigger factor more than skill. Good group of kids, I think they'll develop and be fine on varsity.

Should be a good JV game with Andrews and Robbinsville. Will Andrews continue their youth championship run with that group or can someone knock them off? Andrews whipped Rville good 2 years ago.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I heard this last year.... but Robbinsville will be hard to beat. Only because of Williams IMO.
Robbinsville has another good back to compliment Williams this year..If anyone remembers the Adam's brothers from Robbinsville, Coy and William Wayne? Coys son is now on jvs at running back

I cant remember Mb..seems like Hayesville had a good team the year he played for Robbinsville..BK might remember

Reactions: mbdfan
I cant remember Mb..seems like Hayesville had a good team the year he played for Robbinsville..BK might remember
Hayesville had a really good team in '97, I knew it was somewhere in that time range as I very vaguely remember him. I was pretty young then though so couldn't pin it down exactly.

That '99 Robbinsville team doesn't get enough pub on here when talking top Robbinsville teams though, that was a really good team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT