ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain Conference Preview

I dont think Cherokee will finish above 6th.
But, if Andrews and Hayesville keep losing kids Cherokee could beat 1 of them.

It goes to show how little research ACT does Hayesville will definitely not finish last I could even see them pushing for third. They have the best pass catcher in the conference and will have an offense that can actually get the ball to him this year. They have in my opinion the 2nd best Back in the conference which might shock people but he missed all of the last year. Oh and BK don't speak to which you don't know they have very few injuries and I think will stay much healthier based on their conditioning program this summer. Which was the first time Hayesville has had one in years. They have also picked up 2 transfers from Union with another to come possibly. Big things to come in Clay county this year watch out folks.

I believe Hayesville finishes fourth and will surprise some teams this season. When they hit on all cylinders and play as a team they can play ball.

Reactions: PantherPit07
They almost beat Swain last year with like 10 players out. Don't be shocked if they beat them in the last game of the year at Hayesville.

It goes to show how little research ACT does Hayesville will definitely not finish last I could even see them pushing for third. They have the best pass catcher in the conference and will have an offense that can actually get the ball to him this year. They have in my opinion the 2nd best Back in the conference which might shock people but he missed all of the last year. Oh and BK don't speak to which you don't know they have very few injuries and I think will stay much healthier based on their conditioning program this summer. Which was the first time Hayesville has had one in years. They have also picked up 2 transfers from Union with another to come possibly. Big things to come in Clay county this year watch out folks.
Hayesville will be improved and they do have some good skill people, which is great, but Hayesville always has good skill talent. The bottom line is until Hayesville dramatically improves in the trenches they have nothing for the top teams.

Hayesville will not finish 7th they are gonna suprise some ppl, i got them 3/4 and 5th at worse

1. Robbinsville Prediction 9-2 (6-0 conference)
Best Case 10-1 (6-0 conference)
Worst Case 7-4 ( 4-2 conference)
2. Swain Prediction 9-2 (5-1 conference)
Worst Case 7-4 (3-3 conference)
3. Murphy Prediction 7-4 (4-2 conference)
Worst Case 6-5 ( 3-3 conference)
4. Hayesville Prediction 8-3 (3-3 conference)
Best Case 8-2 (4-2 conference)
Worst Case 6-5 (2-4 conference)
5. Andrews Prediction

Reactions: Swaindad40
Murphy's worst case is not 3 conference losses lol. Murphy hasn't won less than 7 regular season games since 2006 and hasn't lost 3 conference games since 2003.

Please let us know who in the SMC is capable of beating Murphy this year not named Robbinsville or Swain? Get real

"The best pass catcher in the conference "..
The kid had 200 yds receiving last year..Robbinsville, Cherokee, Murphy Rosman all bring back receivers that are better with the stats to back it up..

"The second best back in the conference "??
So he is possibly better than Anderson, Hooper, Sain, Dorsey, Murray?

Reactions: G_all_W_day_Y
is Andrews and north stokes a scrimmage or an actual game max preps is showing it as a game

He in my opinion will be the 2nd best back in the conference he was hurt all last year. He had a 133 all purpose yards past year in the first half of there towns county game before going out. Hayesville does have what I think will be the best pass catcher in the conference. I did not say he will have the best stats, but there will be no one who can match up with him or stop him. Hayesvilles new offense will put players in much better position to produce. Coach Dockery while a great man was not a good football coach. The new coach this year has gotten a large amount of buy in. We will have to wait and see but I won't be afraid to bring this thread back up in few months when Hayesville is 5-2.

Reactions: PantherPit07
He in my opinion will be the 2nd best back in the conference he was hurt all last year. He had a 133 all purpose yards past year in the first half of there towns county game before going out. Hayesville does have what I think will be the best pass catcher in the conference. I did not say he will have the best stats, but there will be no one who can match up with him or stop him. Hayesvilles new offense will put players in much better position to produce. Coach Dockery while a great man was not a good football coach. The new coach this year has gotten a large amount of buy in. We will have to wait and see but I won't be afraid to bring this thread back up in few months when Hayesville is 5-2.

133 yards against town county is nothing to crow about.

Can he have 133 yards against Murphy or Robbinsville????

I say NO.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
We will have to wait and see but I won't be afraid to bring this thread back up in few months when Hayesville is 5-2.
That's not saying much at all, Hayesville's non conference schedule is absolutely terrible. They had better be 5-0 coming out of it if they have any hope of being remotely competitive with the top teams on their schedule.

Don't get me wrong, its a good move for Hayesville to have a light non conference schedule, they need to build confidence and accumulate some wins. But please don't come on here in late September thumping your chest if the Jackets are 5-0 playing against awful competition.

Last edited:
Who is the kid?

Reactions: BK13T-$
To speak of the coaching abilities of coach Dockery without factoring in all the variables is uneducated and wrong! First off let’s look at last year. First scrimmage he lost the starting tailback for the year! First game he lost his next starting tailback for the year! Almost (blocked extra point) beat swain with 10 kids in street clothes on the sidelines! Injuries decimated the 2018 season! The 2016 and 2017 season the team was very young and talent wise the worst it had been overall in years. I am a Hayesville fan and want them to be successful, I think this year they will be! With that said Dockery did the scheduling and set it up to have a successful non conference record. If you speak of things you don’t know about then you make yourself look foolish. Kenneth is a good coach and will be successful in whatever path he takes in life! Just stick to promoting the kids and cheering them on leave the past alone and be excited for the future!

The player is Blake McClure, those stats we're just one half too. I was not trying to be hateful about Coach Dockery either. Simply put though they ran an offense they were not capable of being successful in. Also the summer workouts and spring workouts we're non existent under his tenure. Plus the team discipline was at an all time low. He is great man but did not do a good job as football coach. Since Chad McClure has taken over they have been having multiple workouts a day all summer that of course we're optional and some even team led. They have had over 20 players at many of those workouts and I really do think that all the work they have put in will one keep them healthier and two help them have a winning season.

The player is Blake McClure, those stats we're just one half too. I was not trying to be hateful about Coach Dockery either. Simply put though they ran an offense they were not capable of being successful in. Also the summer workouts and spring workouts we're non existent under his tenure. Plus the team discipline was at an all time low. He is great man but did not do a good job as football coach. Since Chad McClure has taken over they have been having multiple workouts a day all summer that of course we're optional and some even team led. They have had over 20 players at many of those workouts and I really do think that all the work they have put in will one keep them healthier and two help them have a winning season.
Spring lifting and agility were held 3 nights a week spring and summer with around 20-25 kids at them! The fact of the matter is the kids didn’t know how to fight adversity. No matter who the coach is I can tell if the kids play with heart and there wasn’t many that did! Like I said forget the past and be enthusiastic for the future!!!!

Spring lifting and agility were held 3 nights a week spring and summer with around 20-25 kids at them! The fact of the matter is the kids didn’t know how to fight adversity. No matter who the coach is I can tell if the kids play with heart and there wasn’t many that did! Like I said forget the past and be enthusiastic for the future!!!!
Not sure if this is something you think is worth bragging about or not, or if it is just new to Hayesville. The Big 3 of the SMC all have pretty intense spring and summer workouts.
A coach told me Robbinsville averaged about 36 a work out

Not sure if this is something you think is worth bragging about or not, or if it is just new to Hayesville. The Big 3 of the SMC all have pretty intense spring and summer workouts.
A coach told me Robbinsville averaged about 36 a work out
Wasn’t bragging telling him what really happened! I know what other programs do I talk to their coaches more than you think.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I heard Cherokee canceled their scrimmage because they didn’t have enough lineman . This might be a bad omen for our first game

What in the world ???? Their rings are still shiny and they can’t field a team. Tell you something else that’s dropped off , the number of people from Cherokee on these message boards . Man up. Got to take the bad with the good. Just messing w ya. Good luck to the braves.

Murphy's worst case is not 3 conference losses lol. Murphy hasn't won less than 7 regular season games since 2006 and hasn't lost 3 conference games since 2003.

Please let us know who in the SMC is capable of beating Murphy this year not named Robbinsville or Swain? Get real

LOL murphy has been good for so long u posters get butt hurt about a legitimate worst case scenario post please forgive me for stating such but worst case i think murphy loses to robbinsville and swain, and worst worst Hayesville or Andrews, no i dont think they do i was just saying worst case but i do think Murphy is struggling from what they are used to this season

LOL murphy has been good for so long u posters get butt hurt about a legitimate worst case scenario post please forgive me for stating such but worst case i think murphy loses to robbinsville and swain, and worst worst Hayesville or Andrews, no i dont think they do i was just saying worst case but i do think Murphy is struggling from what they are used to this season

Your knowledge is amazing. A real einstein.

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Murphy could start slow just because of the 4 game gauntlet they have. If they can get through that stretch healthy they'll be clicking by conference time.

Reactions: knine1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT