ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain Conference middle school football - Robbinsville, etc.

Griddie

Oct 3, 2001
Do these kids play true middle school, or are 7th and 8th graders allowed to play for the jayvee teams at these schools? I'm certain it's the latter but I need verification from fans in those communities.

Thank you, just wanting to verify that middle school kids in these counties have an outlet to play football.

Come on griddie you think this conf wouldn’t let kids play lol they play more youth games than jvs

I feel it has good points and bad . Slow developing 7th graders can still play youth . But slow developing soph has to play varsity

Reactions: Griddie
Correct me if I'm wrong SMC fans . SMC no middle school teams accept for Rosman now. And Jv are 7,8,9 graders. Or do y'all play only 9th graders on JVs and send rest down to your youth programs?

No middle school except rosman now.

All 8th and 9th play JV. Jv is 7th,8th, and 9th. Some 7th grades play jv and some middle.

I forget the Rosman outlier in terms of youth football. Our youth teams have fluctuated members but the staples have been Smoky, Cherokee, Swain, Hayesville, R'ville and Andrews. Of course Franklin was included and more recently Copper Basin and Towns Co. have been added. My understanding Copper and Towns did not have a great youth league and we tend to be ignorant about outside youth leagues. I have heard about the weight limitations. Larger kids were required to play on the line. Heck Cherokee several years back had a huge boy at RB. Then of course I have heard about these kind of leagues where you just play several games in soccer fields and do not get that football atmosphere. Its Thursday-Saturday football for most SMC teams. I wish Rosman could join but I doubt most families want to haul a car full of players and cheerleaders up to Rosman or from Rosman to play on Saturdays.

Yeah I guess it is just up to the league. I don’t know how it works. I know for our basketball teams it’s different. We play the western most teams in the conference with additions of Martins Creek, Snowbird, Copper Basin and Towns.

I am not sure how that conference is. Can’t really judge it giving I’ve never seen any games. It cannot be terrible or suggested weak if we’ve never played in it. They play waynesville teams, teams around Jackson co. And Swain. I am sure it’s no picnic. But a long while back Cherokee did play game against Snowbird. I don’t remember if they played in the league or if it was just an exhibition game.

Cherokee plays in a weak youth league
Sure!!! Nobody does it like robinsville!!! robinsville is tha Chuck Norris of SMC!! When Murphy brings up them 200 state titles bein won by all them people brought in by Phillips and Jordan robinsville just round house kicks them!!!

Reactions: TigerDen1
Really bk!!?? Is this a football forum for red necks like me and you or is this English class!!?? As much as you down charters your wantin me to spell proper, i dont speak proper so why would i spell like it son!!!

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT