ADVERTISEMENT

SMC

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Where is all the SMC posters. Where is all the smack talk ? Conference really takes off tonight and we will see what teams stand out. With a few games under everyone’s belt and Christmas tournaments over all the teams should be ready to play. Good luck to all

The braves justhavent gelled yet so I don’t know what to expect from them yet. We play Swain tonight so should get a chance to see where we stand

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
The braves justhavent gelled yet so I don’t know what to expect from them yet. We play Swain tonight so should get a chance to see where we stand
as you know Swain is a very gifted team. It should tell who is going to be the front runner. To me Swains down fall is foul trouble and getting easily frustrated. I really think they should be undefeated if they would control their emotions. Keep us posted on the game

Last year was a down year for the conference on the boys side, but I was optimistic because I thought the level of play was down because a lot of the teams were young. I have been a little disappointed this year, to be honest--league is still down, but without the excuse of youth (other than Andrews and Hayesville, which are two of the youngest teams I've seen in the SMC). Cherokee seems to have struggled some--like almost losing to a bad Rabun County team--but still should be the favorite, especially once Day returns. Murphy boys pass the eye test but haven't been able to throw it in the ocean when I've seen them.

On the girls side, Murphy looks like a state title contender, though.

Last edited:
Rosman is at Hayesville. I'm not there but someone text score 29 25. Hayesville. Halftime. Rosman struggling without D.Thomas but trying to hang tough.

GWY is right, our boys ain't gelled yet!! Somethin just seems off about us, just had 3 weeks together tho but idk!! Looks to me like tha boys ain't took to tha coaches either!! Day is back and looked pretty good, defiantly a plus to what we already have!!

Last year was a down year for the conference on the boys side, but I was optimistic because I thought the level of play was down because a lot of the teams were young. I have been a little disappointed this year, to be honest--league is still down, but without the excuse of youth (other than Andrews and Hayesville, which are two of the youngest teams I've seen in the SMC). Cherokee seems to have struggled some--like almost losing to a bad Rabun County team--but still should be the favorite, especially once Day returns. Murphy boys pass the eye test but haven't been able to throw it in the ocean when I've seen them.

On the girls side, Murphy looks like a state title contender, though.
I agree. I’m disappointed also. I haven’t seen Cherokee yet but I don’t have to, I know what they have and they beat a very good Swain team by 15. Swain is very talented but just seems to get frustrated and out of their game. The rest of the teams just don’t seem to have a killer mentality or capable of finishing when they have the other team down. Oh well, plenty of games left

Murphy tops our boys 69-62, not a bad showing from our side. Our boys games are not pretty to watch but they hung in there and took the lead momentarily in the 4th. There were some heated exchanges and some trash talk between the two rivals but R’ville is playing better and controlling tempo of the game. Murphy’s 25 is a sharp shooter and spreads the defense. The have a quick PG who is a reliable shooter and #4 started slow but finished the night strong. The biggest take away from the game is that I answered the question, “who wears short shorts?” That would be MURPHY! They looked as if they bought two sizes too small. Haha idk about this fad, I guess it is true. History repeats itself. We started short and went super long now it seems the fad is reverting back to short.

Murphy tops our boys 69-62, not a bad showing from our side. Our boys games are not pretty to watch but they hung in there and took the lead momentarily in the 4th. There were some heated exchanges and some trash talk between the two rivals but R’ville is playing better and controlling tempo of the game. Murphy’s 25 is a sharp shooter and spreads the defense. The have a quick PG who is a reliable shooter and #4 started slow but finished the night strong. The biggest take away from the game is that I answered the question, “who wears short shorts?” That would be MURPHY! They looked as if they bought two sizes too small. Haha idk about this fad, I guess it is true. History repeats itself. We started short and went super long now it seems the fad is reverting back to short.
I could show you some team pictures from 1978. Lmbo. DO NOT GO BACK TO SHORT SHORTS !!!!!!!!

Reactions: Thatoneguy...
Tigers fall to Hayesville. My buddy said he wasn't impressed with Hayesville said we were in the game until about the middle of 4th and made some stupid turnovers. I would have love to play them with all our kids healthy. Maybe next game.Cant wait. I agree with conference being down. Nobody has truly impressed me. Who wants the conference title the most?????

Tigers fall to Hayesville. My buddy said he wasn't impressed with Hayesville said we were in the game until about the middle of 4th and made some stupid turnovers. I would have love to play them with all our kids healthy. Maybe next game.Cant wait. I agree with conference being down. Nobody has truly impressed me. Who wants the conference title the most?????

I wasnt impressed with Hayesville either when they played at Murphy. Yes they won by 13, but as horrible as Murphy played, it should have been far worse. Hayesville lost back to back to Towns Co and Polk Co (Tn) last week. Not something you usually see with Hayesville. A Hayesville alum told me if they didn't get it together, it will be a long season

I wasnt impressed with Hayesville either when they played at Murphy. Yes they won by 13, but as horrible as Murphy played, it should have been far worse. Hayesville lost back to back to Towns Co and Polk Co (Tn) last week. Not something you usually see with Hayesville. A Hayesville alum told me if they didn't get it together, it will be a long season

As far as Hayesville needing to get it together, they have very little size and the roster is over half freshmen and sophomores. Even considering they have a D1 senior point guard, I don't know that anybody should be expecting much more than what they're getting--I think 11-2 is a good start for this bunch. And Towns County isn't bad this year. They've beaten a few 3A and 4A GA schools and went to OT in the semis of Battle of the States with the team from Alabama that killed Murphy in the final.

As far as Hayesville needing to get it together, they have very little size and the roster is over half freshmen and sophomores. Even considering they have a D1 senior point guard, I don't know that anybody should be expecting much more than what they're getting--I think 11-2 is a good start for this bunch. And Towns County isn't bad this year. They've beaten a few 3A and 4A GA schools and went to OT in the semis of Battle of the States with the team from Alabama that killed Murphy in the final.

Very good observation! (No pun intended) lol
Jackets have a lot of youth. With youth, you never know who will show up. They’re gonna play above .500 ball and should be in every game! (Well, maybe not Cherokee).

Our boys are good but unz know it just like we do, on any givin day tha ol humble pie trip can happen!! Now if our boy's come together and everything starts clickin watch out, as of right now we're venerable!! Justus day looked a little rusty, still real good tho!! Heard it thru tha grapevine tha Ellis kid from Andrews is special, whats up with him andrews posters!??

Heard it thru tha grapevine tha Ellis kid from Andrews is special, whats up with him andrews posters!??

Jet quick, handles the ball like it's on a string, shoots the lights out from 3. Maybe the best thing about him is he's about 5-6 and looks like he could still be in middle school. I know that doesn't sound like a plus, but a lot of kids who come in as freshmen and are good varsity players right off the bat can do so because they've matured faster than everybody else, but their ceiling is low. On the other hand, Ellis has still got plenty of growing to do and is already more than holding his own even when everybody he matches up with is a head taller and 30-40 pounds heavier than him.

In related news, Andrews beat Robbinsville by 8 tonight.

Last edited:
Our boys are good but unz know it just like we do, on any givin day tha ol humble pie trip can happen!! Now if our boy's come together and everything starts clickin watch out, as of right now we're venerable!! Justus day looked a little rusty, still real good tho!! Heard it thru tha grapevine tha Ellis kid from Andrews is special, whats up with him andrews posters!??
He is a 5’5 ball of fire. He has excellent dribbling skills and can drain the 3. He is a freshman and he gives it all he has. I don’t think he ever comes out of the game.

Heard we're comin your way tomorrow samthaman!! Thought it was Friday?? Any game gonna be worth comin to watch?? How's varsity girls??

Heard we're comin your way tomorrow samthaman!! Thought it was Friday?? Any game gonna be worth comin to watch?? How's varsity girls??

Gonna play Saturday. Regular time I think. Braves should win the girls game by 10-12. Boys? Braves SHOULD win by 25, however, given the recent battles by these two teams, anything is possible, including a Jackets win!

Come on Sam quit sandbagging y’all top 10 in state 11-2 . Best coach this side of Roy

Roy seriously, coulda said somebody good like COACH K!!!!!!! Hahahah!!! Jv girls start at 4 Saturday!! There's been some serious battles go on especially when big Cottrell brother was there!!! Jvs lookin any good or are unz just waitin on them Jr high teams to get up to varsity??

Roy seriously, coulda said somebody good like COACH K!!!!!!! Hahahah!!! Jv girls start at 4 Saturday!! There's been some serious battles go on especially when big Cottrell brother was there!!! Jvs lookin any good or are unz just waitin on them Jr high teams to get up to varsity??

Coach K !! Come on man! You can do better than that! Coach K,, really, I’ve done gone and puked all over my computer! Lol
Jv’s ain’t too good. When the Middle school players get to hs next year, it will be “game on”!!!

Murphy boys plenty of athletes, but not very many basketball players.
That's tha way it was when we played unz when I was in school, that was our get back since we blew our 21 point lead in 03 on tha football field!!! !! Hahaha!!! Just beat unz in basketball!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT