ADVERTISEMENT

SMC week 6

Your Knights really dug in and showed a lot of heart to be able to hang in there after being down 13-0. I thought it was getting ready to be a rout but boy was I wrong. Don’t think you guys will lose anymore games in conference. I thought both teams got a little sloppy towards the end. But that was a good hard hitting physical football game.

We had our chances. I think 4 turnovers and 1 td called back. One int was on the goal line and the other about th 10 or 20. We just didnt score multiple times inside the 20 or 30. We started really slow it seemed. Credit to murphy on the win. They are good.
I dont think any poll should have Murphy ranked above CS like the ACT has all year.

Hats off to the knights , you guys have been talking about those two backs all year and they didn't disappoint. I don't see anyone holding you to 14 points the rest of the season. Very good Robbinsville team and a good old fashioned smc football game . I think you will be scary good next year .

I said we would be good next year but some say its this year. We will lose 6 good seniors

Hayesville tied it at 7 early in 2nd. Tied it again at 14 before the half and got a PAT blocked with 2:24 in the 4th that would of tied it. Jackets played well enough to win. Proud of the effort as they had 6 players out tonight. No excuses, Swain just made 1 more play. Experience gained due to injury and youth should pay big dividends in the years to come.

Last edited:
So, did Hayesville really not score until the subs came in the 4th qtr.??

The same Swain team that played Smoky Mountain showed up again tonight. We play like that against Cherokee then we will get our butt kicked. That’s as honest as I can be about it. Too many issues to even get into. You name it we have to fix it.................

Only got see the 2nd half but it was a real good football game. Knights have a good team and doubt they lose another regular season game. Good win for the 'Dogs

Where is the Swain team that played the second half against Tuscola 21-7? Or even the Swain team that played the second half of the Franklin game 14-7? They had fight and grit. Played physical with a purpose. To drive it down your throat. Little to no mistakes or turnovers. Best four quarters this team has played this season. Nobody can disagree with that! I just want to see what would happen if we actually played a complete game that way!

I think we found swain county’s BK!! It was a good game and the banged up jackets should have pulled off the win! Both teams played hard but I guess swaindad was watching a different game. Jackets played good for not having a single running back dressed out tonight. The kids are getting better every week!

Heckofa game at Big Oaks....Hard hitting all night....Murphy kept trying to get seperation but Robbinsville would reel em back in......Bulldogs in the catbirds seat to win the SMC championship.......

Murphys ability to keep Anderson 17-79 and Hooper 6-39 in check was key imo. Murphy had numerous chances to put the game out of reach, but credit to Robbinsville defense for making key stops when needed.

Murphys ability to keep Anderson 17-79 and Hooper 6-39 in check was key imo. Murphy had numerous chances to put the game out of reach, but credit to Robbinsville defense for making key stops when needed.
Total yards: Murphy 472 - Robbinsville 273. Robbinsville put up a great fight but the better team won.

Heckofa game at Big Oaks....Hard hitting all night....Murphy kept trying to get seperation but Robbinsville would reel em back in......Bulldogs in the catbirds seat to win the SMC championship.......
Do you think Murphy not playing the 2nd half against N Georgia & the next week having that game canceled hurt how Murphy played. Basically they haven’t played a game in over 2 weeks. I personally thought that might effect last nights game maybe being a little rusty. What’s your thought ? I’m not trying to make excuses for them because it was a big game

How was it watching the game from a few yards farther away and higher up?

Congrats mdfan..Very proud of Robbinsville we got beat by a good team..We had a chance at 21-14 in the 4th qrt..Too many penalties,touchdown called back,pass defense collapse..For all you Knight haters and doubters ,ask Murphy fans what kind of team we have..
I done heard son!!! Dont forget I've seen these runnin backs and know what unz got!!!

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I done heard son!!! Dont forget I've seen these runnin backs and know what unz got!!!
All will be answered in the coming weeks. It doesn’t matter what we’ve seen, it is up to these boys to come every Friday and showcase what we have the luxury of watching. Our boys need to rest up and heal up. Let’s hope for some more good old fashioned SMC ball this season.

Last edited:
Well last week I said I looked forward to the outcome of last nights games. Too many close games to figure the finishing order for this season

Was proud of our boys effort last night. I do think the better team won but i think we have more room to improve due to our youth and inexperience so come november watch out. Still a lot of games to be played before then. Hats off to hayesville last night. Didnt see that game being anywhere near close.

Of course no props from swaindad for a dang hard fighting extremely young beat up Jackets team.

I think we found swain county’s BK!! It was a good game and the banged up jackets should have pulled off the win! Both teams played hard but I guess swaindad was watching a different game. Jackets played good for not having a single running back dressed out tonight. The kids are getting better every week!

I never said Hayesville didn’t play hard. They did but Swain almost gave this one away to a much weaker opponent with injuries. Expectations are very high for this Swain team and they are going to have to step it up or we may have a disastrous conference season. I witnessed a lot of disfunction and mistakes last night.

All will be answered in the coming weeks. It doesn’t matter what we’ve seen, it is up to these boys to come every Friday and showcase what we have the luxury of watching. Our boys need to rest up and heal up. Let’s hope for some more good old fashioned SMC ball this season.
I've seen consistency from them 2 boys and dont see it changin!!

Congrats mdfan..Very proud of Robbinsville we got beat by a good team..We had a chance at 21-14 in the 4th qrt..Too many penalties,touchdown called back,pass defense collapse..For all you Knight haters and doubters ,ask Murphy fans what kind of team we have..
Thanks Gentle Knight. Robbinsville has a good team and played with a lot of heart and fight, nothing at all for your boys to hang their heads about after last night. The Knights are also a young team and will continue to get better as the season progresses. If both teams go small 1A they may well see one another again at the Hill for round 2.

Last night was #2's best game of the season at QB, he nearly matched his season total for passing yardage. Shout out to him for a well played game. If he keeps improving back there Murphy is going to be tough to beat come playoff time.

I never said Hayesville didn’t play hard. They did but Swain almost gave this one away to a much weaker opponent with injuries. Expectations are very high for this Swain team and they are going to have to step it up or we may have a disastrous conference season. I witnessed a lot of disfunction and mistakes last night.

I disagree. Both teams played hard. Both had a couple of costly turnovers. Hayesville not having their top 2 punters gave Swain really good field position. I don't believe you can simply say Swain played poorly.

As for high expectations for Swain in my humble opinion they are unrealistic. Here is my take: They are a big line that seems slightly below average in terms of speed. It seemed for them to generate a pass rush they had to rely upon a variety of blitzes. When not blitzing they struggled to contain the running lanes if the QB pulled it down. Their passing attack is not close to their usual standard. Defensively they are very soft in pass coverage. Their kicking game often gave Hayesville good field position. Without their RBs Hayesville really did not have a threat between the tackles. I would think a heathy Cherokee, Murphy or Robbinsville would be a favorite vs Swain. I think Andrew's ability to diversify their offense will give them a punchers chance. I have not seen Rosman yet this season and as such can not offer an opinion. I do think Swain is solid, just not the same standard that the Devils are accustomed to. I think next year will see a big improvement as I believe their JV team will add greatly to their varsity team. Like I said this is my take. I may be wrong, it won't be the first time or the last.

Last edited:
I disagree. Both teams played hard. Both had a couple of costly turnovers. Hayesville not having their top 2 punters gave Swain really good field position. I don't believe you can simply say Swain played poorly.

As for high expectations for Swain in my humble opinion they are unrealistic. Here is my take: They are a big line that seems slightly below average in terms of speed. It seemed for them to generate a pass rush they had to rely upon a variety of blitzes. When not blitzing they struggled to contain the running lanes if the QB pulled it down. Their passing attack is not close to their usual standard. Defensively they are very soft in pass coverage. Their kicking game often gave Hayesville good field position. Without their RBs Hayesville really did not have a threat between the tackles. I would think a heathy Cherokee, Murphy or Robbinsville would be a favorite vs Swain. I think Andrew's ability to diversify their offense will give them a punchers chance. I have not seen Rosman yet this season and as such can not offer an opinion. I do think Swain is solid, just not the same standard that the Devils are accustomed to. I think next year will see a big improvement as I believe their JV team will add greatly to their varsity team. Like I said this is my take. I may be wrong, it won't be the first time or the last.
Great assessment recycled!!! Coach Dockery has got the kids improving despite all the injuries! Hope he gets a chance to have all his players back this year and gets a shot with them next year should be a turn around year for the Jackets! There is still hope this year the kids are gritty and hungry for victories!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT