ADVERTISEMENT

SMC week 6

You should make the trip sometime, there have been some really great games over the years between our teams over the years. On the game Friday with the wildcats I look for a very competitive hard fought game . Safe travels to all the wildcat fans making the trip over ! Good luck tigers

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Well, at least a few people are giving our sophomore Cats a chance. I'll forego the predictions this time lol
I’m with you because I just don’t know. Rosman has played a tougher schedule and has put up some yardage through the air. We will find out in 48 hours I guess. Important game for both teams

Wildcats have won the games they should have won and lost the ones in which they were underdogs. No surprises so far except at Towns County which was much closer than I expected. They are a better team now than they were a month ago.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I know people will not believe it, but both Towns and Tellico, for being small schools were really good teams. They weren't lightweight teams as far as 1a goes. And both were probably the best teams those schools have seen in years. Both were games that we were in the whole time, and had the potential to win. With that said, you're right sawmill, we were certainly the underdog and it worked out that way.
Fewer offensive mistakes and better tackling would probably have changed the outcome of both games. However they were learning experiences.

Fewer offensive mistakes and better tackling would probably have changed the outcome of both games. However they were learning experiences.
I agree. Towns County put up 51 on Hayesville and from what I seen at that game with Andrews were well coached. They had descent backs and receivers and a very good QB. Tellico Plains i’m pretty sure is a 2A Tenn school who has had some very good teams through the years. We seem to always play them well and have faired well playing them. I don’t make excuses and I don’t make predictions especially with a team full of Sophomores & Juniors. That doesn’t mean I don’t support them 100% though. I see progress and I have faith in the process. A win against Rosman would mean a lot to a young team like the Wildcats but if they don’t it will be ok as long as they continue to improve.

Everyone knows that there is no love lost between Murphy and Andrews. But ALL schools in Cherokee county send a bus load of kids to the EC. If I am not mistaken I believe Hayesville does as well (I could be wrong about that one). The fact of the matter is, these schools do not "send" their kids there. The students and family "choose" to go there because they see it as a better educational opportunity for their future. It has nothing to do with dropping enrollment, and to say other wise makes one not only uninformed, but makes on look foolish and jealous as well.
We need this framed for BK so maybe he can reference this for the next few months.

Come on guys lighten up on ole BK. He's getting the reaction from you he wants. You got to admit he's passionate about his beliefs and his team. You got to kind of sort of admire that. Hahaha carry on Bk

Reactions: BK13T-$
I'd like to see old BK get into the coaching side of football, he's got the being a fan part down to an art. I'd sign up to be an assistant. It would be fun. Sort of like herding house cats. We're with you BK.

He definately is the uncrowned king of our fandom and im sure would be a more than adequate coach. I know he loves to bring up the early college stuff, but has anyone ever asked themselves "what if we had 500 to 600 kids like swain and murphy?" They like to brag and beat their chests about beating up on schools they are almost twice the size of. We all know what the answer to the question posed above is. Go Knights!

Reactions: BravesGWY
I just hope Gentry and Nelson can stop the two of the top rushers in the SMC. Bet Gentry isn’t sleeping a wink tonight

Must be solid on defense to hold pisgah in check like they did, especially without 32 playing most of the game

Robbinsvilles backfield is too good not to get yards but honestly they worry me more on special teams than anything. The knights can take a kickoff or punt to the house at anytime. This Murphy defense is pretty dang good when healthy though. Dogs by 14.

I don't think Murphy and robinsville game will be decided by double digits, 1 or tha other by 1,2,3,6 or 7!!

Wish tha gladiators would get at least 20 kids on roster before steppin out!! 1 kid told tha coach he wasn't gonna play and another kid didn't get there till like 2 or 3 minutes into tha game!! We ain't no super power or superior but I seriously feel bad for that team!! Probably be like Christ school 1 day tho and feel sorry for all us in SMC!! Haha!!

Reactions: uk-te-na
Good team win for the tigers tonight ! Thought Andrews played well . Safe travels back wildcats and good luck rest of the year

Reactions: TigerDen2
Murphy 27 - Robbinsville 14 Final
Hats off to Murphy. Let me be one to say that this game was decided on plays and not ref calls. I will not scapegoat a loss on the refs. This game was won by stops. Murphy had more stops than we did. Our boys started to come alive but our four corner offense doesn’t work too well staging a comeback.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT