BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
Gladiator Academy 0-2 at Cherokee 2-2

Conference game time

Andrews 2-3 at Rosman 1-4

Hayesville 1-3 at Swain 1-3

Murphy 3-1 at Robbinsville 3-1

This week should tell a lot.
Is Robbinsville going to be the top team with their two explosive backs or is Murphy going to rule the conference again with a stable of great backs. Last years State Champion Cherokee has got no respect this year even after playing some top teams in WNC. Cherokee has a cake walk this week and will use this game to tune up for the conference. Is Swain really down this year or is it going to be the usual team that is always near the top. If Hayesville upsets them or plays them tight it should tell the kind of season Swain will have. Most people have Andrews & Rosman at the bottom so this game will be important for both which might be the only conference win for the team that takes this game. This game will give the winner a morale boost. I’m looking forward to the outcome of these games next week

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Is Robbinsville going to be the top team with their two explosive backs or is Murphy going to rule the conference again with a stable of great backs. Last years State Champion Cherokee has got no respect this year even after playing some top teams in WNC. Cherokee has a cake walk this week and will use this game to tune up for the conference. Is Swain really down this year or is it going to be the usual team that is always near the top. If Hayesville upsets them or plays them tight it should tell the kind of season Swain will have. Most people have Andrews & Rosman at the bottom so this game will be important for both which might be the only conference win for the team that takes this game. This game will give the winner a morale boost. I’m looking forward to the outcome of these games next week
I like Andrews against Rosman AND Hayesville.

Andrews will beat hayesville and Rosman.

Who has Andrews wins and loses come against?
Losses are to Smoky Mountain, Tellico Plains Tn & Towns County Ga. wins were Carolina Gladiators & North Georgia. We have 21 players and only 3 seniors so we hope this team will stick together and grow over the next 2 years

Reactions: golfwang8
Gladiator Academy 7 @ Cherokee 42

Andrews 21 @ Rosman 35

Hayesville 14 @ Swain 42
Hayesville does not score until subs enter game start of the 4th quarter.

Murphy 32 @ Robbinsville 28
Difference on the line.

I watched hayesville this week. They really struggled to catch the football, it was pretty bad. The only bright spot I saw was their freshman. I just don't think they can overcome their injuries at this point.

Hayesville as of Friday morning lost three running backs due to injury! It could have possibly been a turn around season for the jackets but as in any 1a program one injury to a starter can be detrimental to the team much less having 5 starters on the sidelines the last game. They have had some kids step in and step up and play their hearts out! Depth is the issue now for Hayesville. They have some great athletes but young and having to learn quick! Good luck to everyone this Friday!!!

Losses are to Smoky Mountain, Tellico Plains Tn & Towns County Ga. wins were Carolina Gladiators & North Georgia. We have 21 players and only 3 seniors so we hope this team will stick together and grow over the next 2 years
They will be solid and competitive the next two years. There are a couple of kids on the JV team who are really going to help out.

Andrews has a good class come through every few years but usually only one good class at a time so there's depth issues. But if everybody stays, develops, and keeps playing, 2020 will be a rare year for them when they'll have two really good classes on varsity at the same time.

Those 8th graders for Andrews won a lot of youth football games but depth not a issue at that age really. Hopefully they can put something together the next few years.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Those 8th graders for Andrews won a lot of youth football games but depth not a issue at that age really. Hopefully they can put something together the next few years.

That group will need to find more skill players to support Martin on Varsity. Defenses will load the box and force them to throw. That has been a solid group for sure. The Cats should be a lot more competitive for the next few years.

Andrews has a good class come through every few years but usually only one good class at a time so there's depth issues. But if everybody stays, develops, and keeps playing, 2020 will be a rare year for them when they'll have two really good classes on varsity at the same time.
I totally agree. I’ve said that for years. We get a good group come through without quality underclassmen to support them. I think this group will be competitive if they all continue to play and work at it

And will the 6-3 275ish kid that transferred from Nantahala will come out for football his last two years? He's got a college lineman's frame and showed some good feet for his size on the hardwood last winter. And will Robbinsville get the Rattlers at some point like people have said the last 2 years? Still a lot of questions to be answered but if the cards fall right Andrews could be pretty good down the line.

Last edited:
And will the 6-3 275ish kid that transferred from Nantahala will come out for football his last two years? He's got a college lineman's frame and showed some good feet for his size on the hardwood last winter. And will Robbinsville get the Rattlers at some point like people have said the last 2 years? Still a lot of questions to be answered but if the cards fall right Andrews could be pretty good down the line.
I'd say the Rattlers stay in Andrews.. Neither one would be starters for the Knights now.

Do you think Ellis will play down the road?
I was told Friday night that he was going to play next year. Now that is not from him or his Dad so take that for what it is. I love the Rattler boys aggressiveness and hope they will stay. In these days and times you just don’t know what kids are going to do

hayesville game will be closer then expected. mtn heritage game looked very ugly but we would have scored on the first drive if not for a fumble could have been a different outcome if they didn't hang there heads afterwards. plus mtn heritage is a hell of a team and very talented upfront in the trenches. we may have lost some key guys but that doesn't mean they are not adapting to it and still playing together coaches will have them ready for this big game!!!!

I expect it will be a close and hard fought game and I would really like to see it but my night vision is not good, therefore I will probably stay at home and hope for regular updates on here. Back in the early 90's when my son played, I went to a game at Rosman. We went up by WCU to Cashiers and turned left on 64E to Rosman. After the game(which we lost) we came home by way of Brevard and Asheville; much better road but a long way. From Andrews there's just no good or easy way to get there and traveling home at night on unfamiliar roads is a daunting task for me.

Reactions: TigerDen2
I never go to rosman. To far.
I did go to smc bball tourney in rosman about 6 yrs ago.

So bk you never travel to rosman because it’s to long of a trip ? If I recall you didn’t make the trip even whenever you were working in the county . Must have way to long of a drive too hahaha

GA 6. Cherokee 47
Swain 33. Jackets 16
Andrews 29. Tigers 22
Murphy 37 knights 22
Man I hated punching those numbers in. Just think my knights are a year away. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Swaindad40
Some of the Murphy guys predict a victory for Andrews but realistically Rosman at home should be favored by at least two scores. The Tigers have about 4 times as many seniors as the Wildcats. Maybe they're not all starters but still...…

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
So bk you never travel to rosman because it’s to long of a trip ? If I recall you didn’t make the trip even whenever you were working in the county . Must have way to long of a drive too hahaha

Yeah that wouldn't work. I work with other ppl and I have the company vehicle. Can't just hangout in rosman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT