#2)Cherokee vs #7)Rosman @6:30
Boys
#2)Andrews vs #7)Rosman @8:00

Saturday
Girls
#3)Hayesville vs #6)Andrews @4:30
Boys
#3)Cherokee vs #6)Robbinsville @6:00

#1)Murphy Girls and #1)Hayesville Boys will have a first round Bye and play Monday BOL to all

Anybody got any updates from SMC tournament? Hard to find any scores

I heard we allowed Andrew's to hold ball all of the 3rd quarter and did nothing but stand there. Is that true? and could someone tell me why? I was told only one shot was put on the boards in 3rd quarter? I think I am in shock. Why?

So Monday we will have Murphy girls vs robbinsville and Murphy Boys vs Hayesville and Tuesday Cherokee girls vs Hayesville and Cherokee boys vs Andrews

Reactions: BraveNation15
I heard we allowed Andrew's to hold ball all of the 3rd quarter and did nothing but stand there. Is that true? and could someone tell me why? I was told only one shot was put on the boards in 3rd quarter? I think I am in shock. Why?
. This was the last four minutes of the second and the whole third quarter.

Reactions: CatDad312
Monday 2nd Round Predictions
Girls
Murphy 61 Robbinsville 57
i think Rville holds it close at home
Boys
Hayesville 71 Murphy 57
Jackets are too much here and move on to the finals

They probably didnt even need gatorade afterwards....if i was a fan of rosman....i would be yelling what are yall doing, get the guy dont just stand there.

I'm gonna disagree and go on record now.. Murphy boys pull the shocker and knock off hayesville
This game does worry me! Murphy is dangerous but has just fell short some this season. Jackets have beaten them 3 times this year and it is always tough to beat a team full of athletes that many times. Hayesville needs to leave starters in longer it seems that they platoon players and sub just as they are getting warmed up!

Reactions: therealsquid
They probably didnt even need gatorade afterwards....if i was a fan of rosman....i would be yelling what are yall doing, get the guy dont just stand there.
That is what I am saying. What a stupid Coaches decision.

Reactions: MRC3
This game does worry me! Murphy is dangerous but has just fell short some this season. Jackets have beaten them 3 times this year and it is always tough to beat a team full of athletes that many times. Hayesville needs to leave starters in longer it seems that they platoon players and sub just as they are getting warmed up!
Congrats to the bulldogs played a great game! The jackets came out flat and Murphy capitalizes. Good luck in the in the tournament finals!

I mentioned this earlier in the year when I saw the Jackets play(playing the right people). Great win for Murphy and Coach Laney.

Reactions: therealsquid
Great win for Murphy hope they play that well in the SMC Finals, Hayesville is very young and learn from mistakes i said not long ago they would find a down night and not know how to respond and tonight was the night, but Hayesville looks to be set next few years

If projections from WRAL are accurate, a Murphy boys win would steal the last at large playoff bid from HD (as long as HD doesn't also win its tournament). Cherokee win wouldn't impact playoff brackets much that I can tell, but would give them some momentum.

As it stands I see pretty quick exit for all the SMC boy's teams, outside of a highly favorable matchup. I'm still backing my early season prediction that none of them make it out of the 2nd round this year.

Obviously I would like to see Murphy get in though regardless, it would be a good experience for the younger players.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreyGod623
If I could deal with the colder mountains, I would get out of this hell hole down here. The older you get the more cold weather hurts. I get more respect from other conferences then where I went to school. I will no longer respect my school as I get and show more attention to them then they show me. Jealousy over attention was always a problem there ! Not talking about al because I got respect from Holder and most al until some got the big head. I used to be that way years ago but I grew up and saw I was not better than everyone else. As a photographer, I treated all the same and was well respected without taking my job to my head, thinking I was better than others. Some need to grow up and see they are no better than anyone else as I did. I don't give a crap what they think of me. I don't need them to be human. Used to think as they do because I was a well know person. No one at any school is any better than anyone else and then one I am talking about knows who they are! You Are who you are. I will choose a new favorite team comes football season unless things change and they sure the hell don't want that. Believe me, You don't screw me because I have been all around the block ! I am pulling for East Surry till I get respect back. You people that think your crap don't stink. I don't need you. I have always been my own man ...You make me sick of how I respected you for 52 years & stood up for you. There are a couple I am not talking to that don't ignore me. I can survive here without the ones that think they are better than everyone else ! GROW UP ! ! Everyone knows the ones that don't post on here anymore because they can't get attention. SMC you stick together like a conference should. Notice who supports and posts the NWC, me and I think a couple more. i am ashamed . and support East Surry till my team can stop putting their heads in the sand. Like me or not .I don't need you to get by in this world. I have been there and done better then you without thinking I was better. I posted this on a thread and conference that supports and sticks together as one from outsiders. My conference works against each other even in the playoffs . I have always supported every conference member to the end. Try it, it is only right . Go East Surry & Go SMC ! ! ! It is BS dealing with a member of the NWC. Work together as one in the playoffs ! ! I always have. Go East Surry. And Murphy the top two in my opinion...

Last edited:
Reactions: PantherPit07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT