ADVERTISEMENT

SMC jv schedule

You started this whole "held back" kids are phenoms discussion, but what you didn't realize is the kid everyone was talking about is only 13, not some 16 year old freshman. You are the moron
Will you just give it up, quit wining, and move on to something else.

kids that are held back dont turn 16 as freshman during football season or they would be ineligible as seniors I think. I know Deion Johnson and Seth Curtis were held back as little kids and neither one turned 19 until after sports seasons were over. I know Ibrahim Hall in the early 00's had to move to Alabama to keep playing football because he was going to be to old during football season.
Deion turned 19 after football and was ineligible for track ... and that stunk because he was fast as lightening.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I wouldn't think much about the Williams boy from Rville. I am fairly positive his parents are not on this message board. Either way the boy will probably not play a down of football in High School. His first sport is wrestling and he will end up at a private school somewhere in OH, PA or NJ. The kid is that good at wrestling. From the results I have seen top 5 in the nation at his weight and age. He travels all over for the country for wrestling.

Reactions: rville20
He is going be good at Wrestling. Football also if he want to.

Robbinsville defense has only giving up 3 first downs in 9 Qs.

Deion turned 19 after football and was ineligible for track ... and that stunk because he was fast as lightening.

This is not correct. If a student's 19th birthday is before August 31st he/she is NOT eligible. If it is after August 31st then they are eligible for the entire year in all sports. It must of been for a reason other than age.

Sit out, did Robbinsville let up vs Cherokee. Whats your opinion I wasnt there

No they didn't we just adjusted and came out and played tha 2nd half!! That's thru my eyes, in others tha 3rd string played tha whole 2nd half!!!

Reactions: BK13T-$
Sit out, did Robbinsville let up vs Cherokee. Whats your opinion I wasnt there
No I wouldn't say let up. They did have several penalties in the second half to stop some drives and Cherokee made some adjustments. Cherokee's offense wasn't close to scoring though

Reactions: BK13T-$
I think it'll be more competitive once they get to varsity!! Guess everyone feels tha same way I do about there own teams, feel certain will be in tha mix of things!!!

I think it'll be more competitive once they get to varsity!! Guess everyone feels tha same way I do about there own teams, feel certain will be in tha mix of things!!!
No doubt about it. It will come down to who keeps working and getting better. Everyone team I have seen has good numbers, size, and athletes.

thanks did not know that. So a kid could turn 19 on September 1st as a senior and still play football? There are some kids that are just turning 17 when schools starts there senior year so thats a little messed up. I know Byron Roberts that played for Murphy a couple of years ago turned 17 in October of his senior year, so he could have played 2 more years had he been held back? That's crazy because he was on varsity as a freshman at 13 before he quit that year.
You only have 8 semesters of eligibility once you enter the 9th grade in public school. So, if you are going to be held back it better be in elementary or middle school. You could of course then transfer to a private school and "reclassify" and be a 20 year old senior

You only have 8 semesters of eligibility once you enter the 9th grade in public school. So, if you are going to be held back it better be in elementary or middle school. You could of course then transfer to a private school and "reclassify" and be a 20 year old senior

NCISAA will only give an extra year if you aren't 19 by Aug 1 of senior year. So you can either pull the 6th grade twice trick or the private school reclass trick, but not both.

Any of the JV games get postponed for rain or are they playing tonight? Scores?

Dang we should win 1 of these games cause whenever anyone plays us it was there worst game of tha season!!

For an ole wet football game the Bulldog offense was clicking, one of the best games of the season. Hunter and Cole Laney with big time catches. Ledford had at a great game at FB. Wood and Rumfelt with strong runs. Great job all around.

Last edited:
I don't think we got a good look at tha other half of our state championships tho, cause it was tha worst game they've played ever in there life!! Haha!!

Reactions: GreyGod623
Swain played Rosman in a monsoon. Running clock the entire game and second and third string played entire fourth quarter. 22-0 Swain final. I think the entire game took 50min including halftime.

Rosman did not want to play on the field. Talked about canceling the game and playing Monday to protect the grass. After we got there.

Yes Gillis is playing jvs at Hayesville but they lost Lunsford at QB probably for the season at Rosman

Last edited:
Reactions: bigoakbuddy
Yes Gillis is playing jvs at Hayesville but they lost Lunsford at QB probably for the season at Rosman
Don't think I have seen this kid play before. Which I don't watch many of the youth games. I usually wait until JV to start follow kids. It does sound like some good backs will be there next year to take over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT