ADVERTISEMENT

SMC jv schedule

How's Murphy jvs lookin!??

Hard to tell. They have a few kids that can flat out scoot but they also have a lot of kids that are inexperienced. I wouldn't be surprised at all if doesn't take them awhile to get going Thursday. They haven't had a scrimmage, so I expect some rust.

Reactions: GreyGod623
My boy plays on the Swain JV team and he seems to think they are going to be just fine this season. Thinks the line is getting much better and we will be the most physical team in the league. I can honestly say I heard some pads popping in the scrimmage vs Rosman. I think it was not a true picture of what we will see this season with other teams but I would not be surprised if we have a clear edge with 18-20 9th graders this season. The key will be the offensive line. Like I said if they play good we have a shot this season for our second conference championship in three years.

It's hard to get a read on Murphy just yet, like I said earlier we'll know more after this week . I do feel like they have the explosive play capability and can score big on any given play. Their line looks big and fast but I'm not convinced this is a complete team at this point. Looking forward to getting this season started.

Reactions: knine1
Its hard to get a read on jv's till a game is played...Rville guy was saying they shouldnt lose a game..Big and fast...Then word comes out that Andrews gave em fits in only a quarter of play at Big oaks...Now a cats poster says they should beat Murphy by 2 scores this thursday at Murphy and thier RB will run wild on the Dogs....last year was supposed to be a down year for Murphy. Instead they went undefeated and didnt even play a close game after the opener at Andrews. Bottom line its a guessing game unless the core of the jv team has been together several seasons and brought home some hardware in youth league ball...in 2013 preseason BK13 all but guaranteed Rville would crush the JV Dogs. Final score Dogs 38 Knights 6. and even with jv success the list is MILES long of jv teams that were dominant and didnt produce much on varsity....swains jv team 2 years ago was supposed to murder everybody for the next 3 varsity seasons and so far not come close to matching expectations...still time for that group to gel but 2 years later they are now officially on the clock ..Murphy fans I speak with are optimistic for this years team but as we all know that could come to a screeching halt if the Wildcats run wild at The Hill thursday night.. Mostly questions for now and the first answers wont roll in till about Dark Thirty on thursday...

Last edited:
I don't know of the young Cats are going to be as good as the last two years, but they are hard nosed, execute, and are well coached. That means that to overlook them will be a grave mistake.

I expect the Cats to be well coached and motivated Thursday.

nice Good luck to everyone! Think of Jvs have are open if im not mistaken.

Andrews must be giving dogs a fight or murphy fans would of posted by now.
Lol

44-6 Final. Swain starters out at halftime. Hayesville scores last play of the game.

Your right. It could have been 88-0 if we had no class. Hayesville had about seven kids on the bench. So maybe 18 kids.
Good warmup but between the scrimmage with Rosman and the win vs Hayesville it does not give us a good look just yet. We have Andrews at home next Thursday.

are kids are very young as well swain has a huge talented jv team don't see anyone beating them this year

Here's how i see it

1/2/3/ Murphy, Robbinsville, Swain.
4/5/ Cherokee, Andrews.
6/7/ Hayesville, Rosman.

I think Andrews will beat Hayesville and Rosman.

Dogs win 30-6.....2nd half dogs started looking like a pretty good team....cats will hit but speed the difference in this game...just my little ol opinion....Dogs now 12-1 in last 13 j v games during 16 17 and 18 seasons....

Here's how i see it

1/2/3/ Murphy, Robbinsville, Swain.
4/5/ Cherokee, Andrews.
6/7/ Hayesville, Rosman.

I think Andrews will beat Hayesville and Rosman.

I would give swain a slight nod just for the amount of freshman they have. In my opinion without sugar coating anything and being honest, I think Murphy and Robbinsville are pretty even. At this point and my opinion may change, I would give the defensive edge to robbinsville and the offensive edge to Murphy. I don't put any weight into a Swains scrimmage with Rosman and their win over hayesville. That being said, if they come out and absolutely destroy Andrews next week it's a different story. Andrew's is tougher than most are giving them credit for. They are mostly eighth graders and will definitely make a championship run next year.

Biscuit the thing that excites me is that with last years team and the early looks of this j v team, the talent is in the pipeline to keep the winning tradition going well into the future for Murphy...

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Biscuit the thing that excites me is that with last years team and the early looks of this j v team, the talent is in the pipeline to keep the winning tradition going well into the future for Murphy...

For at least the next 3 years Murphy's varsity will be loaded. Also keep in mind one of Murphy's best freshman is up starting on varsity this year in Peyton McCraken.

Reactions: knine1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT