ADVERTISEMENT

SMC game thoughts

Smctrain

Sep 28, 2013
SMC game thoughts post them here. It has been a quiet week for us where has everyone been?

Cherokee-Smoky Mountain should be a packed house and a lot of fun for those communities. Right now, Cherokee is hard to gauge because they have played 3 out of state teams that nobody knows much about, and a Mitchell team that is destroying everybody they play...so the fact that the Braves are finally playing a common opponent of some other SMC teams should be a good litmus test for just how far they have come in Coach Briggs' second year.

This week will also go a long way to help evaluate where Murphy stacks up. Right now their 3-1 record is hard to read because a) two of the wins are over homeschool teams b) everybody in the SMC would have lost to Franklin and c) the Hendersonville win is losing some of its luster as the season progresses. Gilmer is much more beatable this year, but they're still 4A and a win should get Murphy fans excited about their chances in conference play.

Hayesville-Andrews might be close. However, I'm taking the Jackets because the Wildcats have struggled defending the pass, and Hayesville has had pretty good success through the air so far this year.

Swain-Tuscola seems to be close every year. Going with Swain at home, even if they wear gray. I know comparing scores is mostly a useless endeavor, but seeing Mitchell beat McDowell by 50 the week after the Titans beat Tuscola still has me skeptical of the Mountaineers.

Wish Rosman could have found a game this week, and hope not being able to drop a loss doesn't come back to hurt them when the playoff seedings come out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smctrain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT