SMC Coaches' Poll

Swain
rville
Murphy
OR
Rville
Swain
Murphy.
Dont see Murphy winning the SMC this year.

Swain
rville
Murphy
OR
Rville
Swain
Murphy.
Dont see Murphy winning the SMC this year.
Robbinsville above Murphy in both scenarios, ok... So you really think Robbinsville wins @ Murphy?

IMO there will either be a three way tie for 1st or an outright title for Swain. I don't see any scenario where Robbinsville or Murphy win the conference outright this year.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Just my thoughts and I won't put my Devils in the mix.
1. Robbinsville. Till someone proves other wise they are the Champs.
2. Murphy This bunch has skill ppls all over the place... it's the line that's got me wondering.
3. Rosman This might be the lookout year for the tigers, it's been a long time coming but this could be the year.
4 Cherokee I think a bunch of ppl are gonna over look the Braves and get their tail ends handed to em this year.
Sorry, but I don't know much about Hayesville nor Andrews this season. If it was Baseball or basketball then the Jackets would be at or near the top spot.

That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

Reactions: KW23
Hope you're right Kevin. But we're really young. Soph QB. Freshman RB. Young line.

Mont, stop sandbagging!

Braves aren't going to sneak up on anyone who has been watching this crew come up the last few years. They are young but will be very dangerous. The next couple of years after that, they will down right scary.

I didn't finish. Tallest player is about 5'6". Fastest one runs 40 in 7.7

Just where do you get this "watching this crew come up the last few years"? It was only year before last we were outscored 548-90 !!!!!

Already starting with me? Trying to give your program some props.

I get it from watching this crew and their athletic ability on the field and on the court over the last few years and I think the guys you are referring too have all graduated or most of them did anyway. I was referring to the young players that you also referred too. Play it down all you want too, but I have said for a while now this team is on the brink, if they can hold it together, of being very very good. They have the talent and the coaching. Do they have the intangibles will be the real question? If people will keep realistic expectations and stay out of the coaching staff's way, this team will be on an elite level in two years. In the mean time they will be very fun to watch as they work towards that. I agree with your earlier statement that this should be a fun year on the field.

Last edited:
Cherokee should do well. Very talented JV teams last year. Murphy JV barely escaped with a 4 overtime win there last year. Some very talented kids on that team that should add to a solid year for them this year.

I didn't finish. Tallest player is about 5'6". Fastest one runs 40 in 7.7

Now that's not the first time I've been lied to today :) ... Braves will surprise a couple teams this year and be hard to deal with the next couple years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT