ADVERTISEMENT

1A Smc Boys

Man my Tiger's blew a 22 pt lead. So dang frustrated right now. Man we can do some stupid stuff.
That’s hard on a team. I understand. Early in the season we were up on Hayesville by 18 at half and got beat. Can’t let those slip away

R'ville has split or guaranteed to split with everyone in the conference except Cherokee and Swain. Their record does not indicate how well they are actually playing. It is by no means a highlight reel to watch but Ws are Ws.

How did we blow a 22 point lead?
Foul count to start the 3rd was about 13 fouls called against Rosman to 2 called on Hayesville. Rosman's coach didn't call timeout in the whole 2nd half to get the boys rest and calm them down. D Thomas fouled out in the 3rd quarter.

Foul count to start the 3rd was about 13 fouls called against Rosman to 2 called on Hayesville. Rosman's coach didn't call timeout in the whole 2nd half to get the boys rest and calm them down. D Thomas fouled out in the 3rd quarter.
First half of our last game with Hayesville had 3 fouls, R'ville had 12. The first meeting the disparity was huge, 22-4. But I cannot complain too much the second half Hayesville actually had a higher foul count the remainder of the game. It is just frustrating with the inconsistency. Charge/Block, Reach/Steal, Moving Screen/Screen. I honestly think some Refs just enjoy doing the motions to calls.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Man my Tiger's blew a 22 pt lead. So dang frustrated right now. Man we can do some stupid stuff.
Well stupidity by players and coach. He doesn't know how to manage timeouts as stated earlier, but kids can't act like they do either. I think Thomas may be out for 2-3 games not sure the final outcome. I'll let you know tonight. I'm telling you guys kids today just want the easy way out. I saw one senior mad and pouting asking to come out of the game. I mean when I played you couldn't drag me off. So dang frustrated. I personally think Coach needs to check attitudes at the door. If you allow that type of behavior that is going on right now in that locker room you are in for long season and that is what is going on now.So frustrated.

I have been hard on the refs but actually Dr All state was decent compared to what he has been. I have to disagree when saying refs beat us. Terrible coaching and some kids attitudes cost us that game.
We can agree that the terrible coaching was probably the biggest part of the problem.

I agree tigerden. Dr ALLSTATE has had a couple good games. We definitely got out coached last night in boys and girls games! I am very disappointed in the lack of discipline this year on the varsity and jv boys teams! Back talk, tardiness and overall crappy attitudes! This needs to be addressed or it will only worsen! Most kids these days have no respect for authority and I believe that needs to starts at home.

I really want to know what was said to the ref at the end of the game.
He told Dr all State he sucked and thanked him for costing us the game. You can't do stuff like that. I love that kid to death but you just hurt your team that needs you on the court. And in all honesty all the fouls that were called on him we're legit but maybe 1.

Well stupidity by players and coach. He doesn't know how to manage timeouts as stated earlier, but kids can't act like they do either. I think Thomas may be out for 2-3 games not sure the final outcome. I'll let you know tonight. I'm telling you guys kids today just want the easy way out. I saw one senior mad and pouting asking to come out of the game. I mean when I played you couldn't drag me off. So dang frustrated. I personally think Coach needs to check attitudes at the door. If you allow that type of behavior that is going on right now in that locker room you are in for long season and that is what is going on now.So frustrated.
I’ve seen this in our players too. More so as i’m only going to pass it to my buddies and i’m going to get my points no matter we win or lose. I haven’t seen back talk but I’ve seen laughing at the coach behind his back when he gets on to them. I’ve also seen a problem with parents being offended that their kids aren’t playing enough. I think coaches feel a overwhelming need to play everyone so the parents will be happy. I know it’s a age old problem but first you treat all players the same, you get on to your stars just as much as you get on to your men off the bench. If the stars get a attitude you put their butt on the bench. Basketball has got away from a team attitude to a me attitude. Our team is very young but it’s also the perfect time to teach them the right way. I see this in other teams in the conference also. It’s a crying shame

I believe that alot of coaches wanna be friends with tha playes so tha players in tha end treat them like there friends!! I coach 7-12 year olds over here and tha very 1st thing I do is draw a line and there on 1 side and I'm on tha other!! I don't care who is tha chief, vice chief or council members kids I treat them all tha same!! Now if it was trumps son I might black ball him!! Hahah!! It floors me with kids attitudes these days, anyone of my kids ever acts like that I'll embarasse em bad!!!

Frustration caused the stupidity. Thomas is an extremely respectful kid until he gets frustrated on the court. Then he can let it boil over to stupidity. The kid has worked his a$$ off and I can understand (not excuse) why he was upset. FWIW, he agreed with that he probably deserved the second T (and I agree) but that he didn't feel the first one was warranted.

On a good note cherokee girls put up 99 last night in a win.

The Cherokee Boys won big too scoring 100. Great job both teams . This has to seal the deal for the Boys reg season champ I’m sure

I believe so. Now they just have to not slack off--have seen very good teams drop one after clinching the title.

Ok Braves fans, What happened to the Day kid. I didn't see him at the game, was looking forward to watching him again?

Heard day ran off with his lips toward tha coach and didn't get to go to rosman!! If there were any recruiter from any colleges or any charter schools there to recruit at tha swain game they would've been turned off bad!! Hope there ain't gonna be distractions this late in tha season!!

That’s good that Cherokees coach put his foot down. That should show some presedence about what he’s going to allow. Bad attitudes kill good teams all the time. Smooth out now so y’all can try for a run.

Last edited:
Heard day ran off with his lips toward tha coach and didn't get to go to rosman!! If there were any recruiter from any colleges or any charter schools there to recruit at tha swain game they would've been turned off bad!! Hope there ain't gonna be distractions this late in tha season!!

Good job Coach! That’s exactly the way to handle these problems!

Reactions: Br549_
Well, you don’t necessarily have to kick him off the team! Sitting him a game sometimes does the trick!

Reactions: Br549_
Swain upends Hayesville last night. Murphy beats Rosman and Robbinsville loses to HD. Another head scratching night in the SMC.

Reckon if it gets to hot in that gym someone will open them doors on tha end durin tha tournament mh88??

LOL, i hear ya. Place is like a dang oven!!! 20 degrees and snow on the ground outside, 120 degrees and the Sahara desert inside.

Hahaha!! Yelp!! GYW what did you mean by, coach ain't gonna do anything and day will be back Monday!??

Man it is crazy, bout crazy as men's college ball right now!!! I'm not gonna get cocky and jenks my braves!! Seen day kid with tha team at a team function tonight, so I guess he's still on tha team!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT