ADVERTISEMENT

1A Smc Boys

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
looks like cherokee and everyone else right now with Hayesville and Murphy battling for second

I'm not counting out my Tiger's yet. I hope we can rehabilitate the rest of the season. Man did it really hurt us loosing D.Thomas. but the team has lost some close ones, we throw in his avg points we win those games. Murphy and Hayesville. I honestly didn't think we would have much this season but this little team has really surprised me. I'm proud of this team with all the injury's and sickness. Good luck to the rest of the SMC let's finish strong.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
No. Would be tallest one on court has dark hair. Does nothing but shoot. Not knocking him, he can drain them.

No. Would be tallest one on court has dark hair. Does nothing but shoot. Not knocking him, he can drain them.

All he does is shoot? In total disagreement with that. He is a 3 level scorer that can score anyway he wants. He scores at the rim and at free throw line a lot as well. Also scores in post. Has a great arsenal of secondary moves, finishes with either hand. Been one of the best rebounders Rosman has had in a while, can control both sides of rim. Sees floor well and makes the right passes and is probably the best passer on their team. Can guard all positions other than teams with extremely quick guards. The POY is typically more than just a "shooter". Just a shooter is a disservice to his talent.

Dude is a machine !!! Great player he had to have over 30 every time we played them . Unlike others

Reactions: MRC3
All he does is shoot? In total disagreement with that. He is a 3 level scorer that can score anyway he wants. He scores at the rim and at free throw line a lot as well. Also scores in post. Has a great arsenal of secondary moves, finishes with either hand. Been one of the best rebounders Rosman has had in a while, can control both sides of rim. Sees floor well and makes the right passes and is probably the best passer on their team. Can guard all positions other than teams with extremely quick guards. The POY is typically more than just a "shooter". Just a shooter is a disservice to his talent.
Oh I agree I definitely wasn't saying anything bad about Thomas. I'm one of his biggest supporters. And I agree with you I was responding to post by Braves fan about what Deland looks like, he's going to be the one with the ball period. I meant nothing by my post. And definitely wasn't try to downplay anything about D. Thomas. He's the total package. I personally think even with the games he's missed he will still be in running for POY this year. I also feel strongly we would still be undefeated if Thomas wouldn't got hurt. So if anybody thinks I did him a disservice I apologize this was never my attention.

Last edited:
Does tha Thomas kid have much help?? I like to watch a good ball player, like it just a tad bit better when they're wearin maroon and gold tho!! Guess hayesville gets there 2nd visit behind tha woodshed tomorrow night, hope we beat tha 1800s people by 1,000!!

Does tha Thomas kid have much help?? I like to watch a good ball player, like it just a tad bit better when they're wearin maroon and gold tho!! Guess hayesville gets there 2nd visit behind tha woodshed tomorrow night, hope we beat tha 1800s people by 1,000!!
His brother compliments him well. Chappell and Stewart play great defense. Deland knows how to take over a game.

Reactions: MRC3
Ah heck!! Don't know when our make up game with unz is but I guess I'll make that treterouis 2hr ride up there to see this!!! I just hope our boys don't over look them since they done beat em by 60 last time!!

Ah heck!! Don't know when our make up game with unz is but I guess I'll make that treterouis 2hr ride up there to see this!!! I just hope our boys don't over look them since they done beat em by 60 last time!!
We split last year. First game we won by a lot. 2nd game y'all won by a lot.

I think you guys got a more complete team ,but you never know. Anybody can get beat at any given time that's why you play. Just go hard.

My fault for not bein specific, tha beat by 60 remark was towards hayesville!! That's tha biggest thing a group of kids can do and they do do!! They'll beat a team and think, well we beat them last time and they should lay down this time and then there beat!!

Reactions: TigerDen1
I hope that Deland's injury will not derail his opportunity to play basketball in College?...It's unlikely that Rosman will make the playoffs in basketball unless they win the SMC Tourney....At least, that's the way it appears from the projections that I've seen....There's a whole lot more 1A schools that play basketball than there are that play football, and it's tougher to make the playoffs if your team doesn't finish in the top 3 of the conference....It's a shame that a worthless all star football game may have derailed what could have been a great season for Deland and the Tigers on the hardwood....Oh well, Rosman fans like myself have grown accustomed to bad news through the years, and this is more of the same ole' same ole'....

Roar Tigers Roar!

I hope that Deland's injury will not derail his opportunity to play basketball in College?...It's unlikely that Rosman will make the playoffs in basketball unless they win the SMC Tourney....At least, that's the way it appears from the projections that I've seen....There's a whole lot more 1A schools that play basketball than there are that play football, and it's tougher to make the playoffs if your team doesn't finish in the top 3 of the conference....It's a shame that a worthless all star football game may have derailed what could have been a great season for Deland and the Tigers on the hardwood....Oh well, Rosman fans like myself have grown accustomed to bad news through the years, and this is more of the same ole' same ole'....

Roar Tigers Roar!
It’s not a worthless football game if that kid is also a college football recruit vying for a scholarship! The kid is a BALLER and will play any opportunity he has. I don’t blame him one bit for playing in that football game. Stuff happens!!!!

Cherokee put another beatdown on Hayesville By 30 this time . Good job guys keep it rolling

Why you talking about next year ? We still got ball to play this year. We are glad you are excited about a middle school team

Reactions: Rhinos87
Is Hayesville middle school that good your already talking SMACK. Dang they better win state if you guys already talking about them this much.

Reactions: Rhinos87
You better be careful building up a team that has yet to get into High School. Yes they are a great bunch of players, no doubt about that. But things happen in sports and lord forbid the injury bug never happens to any kid but I have seen it take some football teams that were going to be a shoe in to a State Title game totally out of the picture. Keep everything in perspective then you don’t have to come back later and say could have should have if only !!

Reactions: TigerDen1
Don’t plan on EVER winning state in basketball. However, we own the patent in the SMC on winning State in basketball. Boys and girls!! But, alas, I don’t see it ever happening again!!

I am excited to see what the current middle school team can add to our young guys that are on varsity now.

Reactions: Thatoneguy...
Heres a question.
Which current middle school has the most dominant team? Hayesville boys or Robbinsville girls?

Don’t plan on EVER winning state in basketball. However, we own the patent in the SMC on winning State in basketball. Boys and girls!! But, alas, I don’t see it ever happening again!!

I can see SMC girls' teams winning it. Mount Airy won last year and beat Murphy by 1 in Regionals. On the boys' side, the smart money was against the SMC even before the charter wave, even longer shot now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT