ADVERTISEMENT

1A SMC - Big week

Let’s not go there. The Andrews fans feel the same about your Coach and I don’t know what you mean about the fans. You have a bunch of obnoxious kids in a student section who think they are the Duke Crazies and you have the nerve to plant your cheerleaders on the visitors side which is just asking for a bad situation if the wrong people get around them and taking 3 rows of seats from the visitors. Then to top it off your nerdy sounding announcer should be on some AM talk radio show. Lmbo. Having traded blows now the game is over. In a heated battle you know as well as I know things sometimes get chippy in sporting events. It’s not always what we want to see but I’ve seen your coach show his tale plenty of times as well as your fans. The players played the game and a lot of these kids play travel ball together so we will meet again for sure at least one more time and I would bet it will be as intense as this one
I agree our student section can be rowdy and obnoxious but that is the home court advantage! Just like we hate going to Andrews and having the band right behind our bench playing at full force during timeouts. That is part of the game! The “nerdy” announcer is a 17 year old kid and a good kid but he is just not enthusiastic when announcing the visiting team (again homecourt). I have enjoyed these two teams playing each other for years now and have watched them play travel ball on the same team. Like I said should be another great battle at Andrews.

Real classy talking junk about a 17 year old great kid for the way he announces

With all the smoke y’all been blowing I figured Andrews to score at least 100 with multiple dunks. And 70% from the line? lmao

Reactions: therealsquid
I agree our student section can be rowdy and obnoxious but that is the home court advantage! Just like we hate going to Andrews and having the band right behind our bench playing at full force during timeouts. That is part of the game! The “nerdy” announcer is a 17 year old kid and a good kid but he is just not enthusiastic when announcing the visiting team (again homecourt). I have enjoyed these two teams playing each other for years now and have watched them play travel ball on the same team. Like I said should be another great battle at Andrews.
Well at least we can talk about it in a civil way. You mention our band but our band and cheerleaders are on our home side. How could anyone know the announcer was 17 yr old by that voice, that’s a little hard to believe because he also does football doesn’t he. I thought about the game at Hayesville last night and it is all orchestrated from the cheerleaders being on the visitors side to the Duke Crazies, to the people waving spotlights during introduction and of course the announcer barely calling out our teams name. Your Coach is trying to get a mental edge and give it a College game atmosphere. Home court advantage for sure but to the poster from earlier who said our fans and coach was a turd he might want to look how Hayesville shows more disrespect in their planned game experience than any school in the conference. So to each his own but before someone calls out a coach and fans they better take a honest look at themselves

Well at least we can talk about it in a civil way. You mention our band but our band and cheerleaders are on our home side. How could anyone know the announcer was 17 yr old by that voice, that’s a little hard to believe because he also does football doesn’t he. I thought about the game at Hayesville last night and it is all orchestrated from the cheerleaders being on the visitors side to the Duke Crazies, to the people waving spotlights during introduction and of course the announcer barely calling out our teams name. Your Coach is trying to get a mental edge and give it a College game atmosphere. Home court advantage for sure but to the poster from earlier who said our fans and coach was a turd he might want to look how Hayesville shows more disrespect in their planned game experience than any school in the conference. So to each his own but before someone calls out a coach and fans they better take a honest look at themselves
Our baseball coach announces the football games and he also keeps the clock for basketball games. He did announce but is not doing it this year.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
With all the smoke y’all been blowing I figured Andrews to score at least 100 with multiple dunks. And 70% from the line? lmao
We will at Andrews. The likelihood of shady officials having 3 of our players in foul trouble by the early second Qtr surely won’t happen away from Hayesville. Hayesville got the win on this night

We will at Andrews. The likelihood of shady officials having 3 of our players in foul trouble by the early second Qtr surely won’t happen away from Hayesville. Hayesville got the win on this night
I heard this last night. You do know we don’t know who the officials are until the day of the contest? Two of the officials probably have more dislike for our coach than y’all do. The older official we haven’t seen until this year, someone said he is from Ohio. A few of the Andrews fans came down and congratulated our coach on his game plan and a few had some choice words! As far as disrespect goes we moved the home side to keep our fans from being behind the visiting team. The cheerleaders were put behind our bench to protect our players after a few instances last year were the officials ejected some fans for harassing the kids!

Reactions: Hhs98
Also didn’t hear any chest beating about Cottrell’s 400th win last night either

Literally Andrews coach had to be restrained after the game by Hayesville staff because he wanted to go after the officials. There were fans leaning over the balcony cussing and threatening to come down. There is losing and there is what Andrews did last night. Thanks for the college atmosphere comment, Hayesville does have the best student section and gym set up in the conference.

I heard this last night. You do know we don’t know who the officials are until the day of the contest? Two of the officials probably have more dislike for our coach than y’all do. The older official we haven’t seen until this year, someone said he is from Ohio. A few of the Andrews fans came down and congratulated our coach on his game plan and a few had some choice words! As far as disrespect goes we moved the home side to keep our fans from being behind the visiting team. The cheerleaders were put behind our bench to protect our players after a few instances last year were the officials ejected some fans for harassing the kids!
Yes I know about the officials and did not mean they were paid off or anything like that. They were just inconsistent with their calls and for lords sake how could any official fall for the flopping and slinging head back routine. I respect your coach but when others call our coach out for what they feel is bad conduct I have to point out Cottrels actions which is no different. Personally I would be upset if a coach didn’t take up for his players. Kick, scream whatever. If you don’t work the officials the other team will. I didn’t know anything about our fans going down after the game. When the game was over I talked to a few friends from Hayesville had a good laugh together and left. I also want to make it clear that the players showed good sportsmanship all night. I think it’s funny how before each game our announcers call out the NCHSAA code of conduct. In a heated rivalry of top teams fans are going to get rowdy. That will never change. I hardly got out of my seat last night and when I did it was only about officiating which I have had a problem with for 15 years.

Yes I know about the officials and did not mean they were paid off or anything like that. They were just inconsistent with their calls and for lords sake how could any official fall for the flopping and slinging head back routine. I respect your coach but when others call our coach out for what they feel is bad conduct I have to point out Cottrels actions which is no different. Personally I would be upset if a coach didn’t take up for his players. Kick, scream whatever. If you don’t work the officials the other team will. I didn’t know anything about our fans going down after the game. When the game was over I talked to a few friends from Hayesville had a good laugh together and left. I also want to make it clear that the players showed good sportsmanship all night. I think it’s funny how before each game our announcers call out the NCHSAA code of conduct. In a heated rivalry of top teams fans are going to get rowdy. That will never change. I hardly got out of my seat last night and when I did it was only about officiating which I have had a problem with for 15 years.
Unfortunately flopping has become part of the game. We have read the Nchsaa code every year but didn’t last night, but can you tell me any fan or player that actually listens to that. Trust me I believe in good sportsmanship from fans and players alike. The majority of unsportsmanlike behavior comes from the stands for all teams. The players usually know their opponents pretty well by the High school level and a lot are friends! I have had some of the Andrews players even stay the night with my son. Parents and fans have a way of ruining youth and high school sports. It is unfortunate that kids have to witness actions from bystanders after they all have played their hearts out. That is in general of course not referring to any instance last night. The game was worth the price of admission that was for sure!

Literally Andrews coach had to be restrained after the game by Hayesville staff because he wanted to go after the officials. There were fans leaning over the balcony cussing and threatening to come down. There is losing and there is what Andrews did last night. Thanks for the college atmosphere comment, Hayesville does have the best student section and gym set up in the conference.
Yes I seen the same gym setup at Union County. Home fans and cheerleaders on the visitors side ending up in a small brawl and police coming over threatening visitors that were not involved. Your gym setup could possibly end up with the same scenario. A big risk to take just for a so called mental edge or having your cheerleaders behind your team so they won’t get harassed. Don’t take it as a compliment take it as a risk assessment

Unfortunately flopping has become part of the game. We have read the Nchsaa code every year but didn’t last night, but can you tell me any fan or player that actually listens to that. Trust me I believe in good sportsmanship from fans and players alike. The majority of unsportsmanlike behavior comes from the stands for all teams. The players usually know their opponents pretty well by the High school level and a lot are friends! I have had some of the Andrews players even stay the night with my son. Parents and fans have a way of ruining youth and high school sports. It is unfortunate that kids have to witness actions from bystanders after they all have played their hearts out. That is in general of course not referring to any instance last night. The game was worth the price of admission that was for sure!
Yes it was worth it. The flopping is part of the game and is actually smart playing but i’m old school and hate to see it. My problem is not with the kids that do it but with the officials that fall for it. Yes some players can sell it good but a veteran official should not buy it. I will move on now and will talk a little smack before the next game we play at Andrews. Lol

Reactions: Smctrain
Yes it was worth it. The flopping is part of the game and is actually smart playing but i’m old school and hate to see it. My problem is not with the kids that do it but with the officials that fall for it. Yes some players can sell it good but a veteran official should not buy it. I will move on now and will talk a little smack before the next game we play at Andrews. Lol
See you in February! Good luck to the cats until then. Lol

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Yes I seen the same gym setup at Union County. Home fans and cheerleaders on the visitors side ending up in a small brawl and police coming over threatening visitors that were not involved. Your gym setup could possibly end up with the same scenario. A big risk to take just for a so called mental edge or having your cheerleaders behind your team so they won’t get harassed. Don’t take it as a compliment take it as a risk assessment
I
i don’t understand what has changed so much to bring on all the drama... same results since youth league.

I

i don’t understand what has changed so much to bring on all the drama... same results since youth league.
True. I said in a earlier comment to be the man you have to beat the man. The only reason for my later comments was for someone who made a comment about our coach and fans. I gave a congratulations for the win but didn’t care for the bashing of our coach or fans. I gave a example of the atmosphere that Hayesville promotes at games that actually could lead to bad reactions from opposing schools especially when it’s a game of this magnitude. I mentioned Union County as a example when a fight broke out. I also witnessed a game where a family of the opposing team set on the wrong side and got mad when the home team fans were making comments about the game and almost lead to a fight. In other words it’s a disaster ready to happen setting on the opposite side. It’s sad but true Sporting events will always have heated moments and I have been just as guilty in years past as anyone. But having said this it will always be part of the game no matter who is playing. Let’s not Be holier than thow and think it just happen to just the other schools fans or coaches. It was a awesome game by two good teams that went at each other and showed great sportsmanship. It was a comment from a Hayesville fan that started your so called drama. See you in Feb

I said 70 percent in the past few games as a team. Hayesville made free throws at the end of the game when they needed to. Andrews did not. Also if we are going to talk about the referees, they were charge crazy on Andrews. Couldn’t even size up someone to try to post up without getting a foul call. But yet Hayesville got away with the same thing on the other end of the court multiple times. Andrews had probably 6 or 7 charge calls to Hayesvilles 2 or 3. 2 were legit charge calls on Andrews end of the floor. Maybe we didn’t win the game, but in the 2nd half. McTaggert learned how to keep his mouth shut as he didn’t do nothing in the 2nd Half. That’s a win in itself. Nothing about the attitude he had was classy.

I said 70 percent in the past few games as a team. Hayesville made free throws at the end of the game when they needed to. Andrews did not. Also if we are going to talk about the referees, they were charge crazy on Andrews. Couldn’t even size up someone to try to post up without getting a foul call. But yet Hayesville got away with the same thing on the other end of the court multiple times. Andrews had probably 6 or 7 charge calls to Hayesvilles 2 or 3. 2 were legit charge calls on Andrews end of the floor. Maybe we didn’t win the game, but in the 2nd half. McTaggert learned how to keep his mouth shut as he didn’t do nothing in the 2nd Half. That’s a win in itself. Nothing about the attitude he had was classy.
As to the officiating Andrews through 10 games averaged only 14 fouls a game !! Last night it was 24 fouls !! 2 starters fouled out, one right after the 3rd Qtr started another starter with 4 fouls and two with 3 fouls !! That’s a big discrepancy on a team who usually never has foul trouble

Wow real classy! Way to call out a kid! Maybe you should learn to keep your mouth shut!

Well he was the leading scorer no matter what happened in 2nd half. Calling out a kid? Cmon. I always try to pull for Andrews too but y’all making it hard.

Good game in Hayesville. The difference in the game was fouls shots. Hayesville made theirs down the stretch and Andrews did not. If Andrews would have hit 70% like they have for the past few games, Andrews would have won by 8 or so

Free throw shooting was out of character both ways and can be an easy fix. But looking at the box score it’s pretty clear Andrews was taken totally out of the things that have made them successful this year. Only two offensive boards when they average 17. Only three steals when they average 14. Only two assists all night, which shows me their scoring wasn’t coming out of the flow and movement of the offense . So I think the bigger challenge for the rematch isn’t just about making free throws, but about whether they can figure out how to dictate style and not get taken out of what they want to do.

It’s okay to call their names out when we are talking about all the good things but it becomes a problem when talking about the bad. I have nothing against the kid. But if that were my kid, there’s no way he would act like that. It’s one thing to have confidence but it’s another to be cocky. And he took cocky to a whole new level and he found out in the second half that Andrews shut him down. He may have led the scoring but he didn’t beat Ellis by much.

Isn't your student section on the visitor's side or am I mistaken?

In Andrews the student section used to be on the visitors side. Now there are a few people that sit on that side but it isnt a student section

It’s okay to call their names out when we are talking about all the good things but it becomes a problem when talking about the bad. I have nothing against the kid. But if that were my kid, there’s no way he would act like that. It’s one thing to have confidence but it’s another to be cocky. And he took cocky to a whole new level and he found out in the second half that Andrews shut him down. He may have led the scoring but he didn’t beat Ellis by much.
11 in first quarter 12 in second half

He had 7 in the 4th quarter get big buckets including a three when Hayesville needed it hardly think that's getting shut down. Ellis had 7 in the fourth quarter guess Hayesville shut him down. You lost, your team got out coached and out played last night.

yeah we lost. But its a little much to say we got out coached and out played. It was a 5 point game man. Everything was left on the court from our boys and our coach. Don’t even start with that junk man.

Free throw shooting was out of character both ways and can be an easy fix. But looking at the box score it’s pretty clear Andrews was taken totally out of the things that have made them successful this year. Only two offensive boards when they average 17. Only three steals when they average 14. Only two assists all night, which shows me their scoring wasn’t coming out of the flow and movement of the offense . So I think the bigger challenge for the rematch isn’t just about making free throws, but about whether they can figure out how to dictate style and not get taken out of what they want to do.
You hit the nail on the head. No offensive movement last night. We didn’t play our style but you have to give credit to Hayesville for taking us out of it. The assists really stuck out when I seen the stats as well as the offensive rebounds.

Don’t get too comfortable with a 5 point win at home. Andrews will be even hungrier when y’all come to us. And they are bitter after that loss.

Isn't your student section on the visitor's side or am I mistaken?
No some of the Varsity boys set right by the entrance to the locker room until it’s time to dress out. If we have any stragglers who set on the other side they do it at their own risk.

Ok we have wore this thread out. It’s someone else’s turn to start a new SMC Thread for next week. Andrews had Cherokee & Hayesville this past week and went 1-1 I would have loved to have went 2-0 but will take it. You always want to win your home games so not to bad playing two of the top teams in the conference. On to next week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT