ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Basketball

Blazer_24

Mar 1, 2015
2 out of the top 3 teams should stay at the top this year in the SMC, in Cherokee and Rosman. However I see Hayesville slipping out and Swain slipping in. What are yall's thoughts?

Hayesville lost a lot, but I'm not inclined to say that a 1A team with a PG with Division 1 offers won't finish in the top half of their conference.

Braves will still be good, but it's a shame the summer played out the way it did because they were set to be great next year. I see the SMC as having a lot of parity next year--4th or 5th place team will be capable of knocking off the 1st place team on any given night, no more Hayesville and Cherokee splitting with each other and killing everyone else.

Braves will still be good, but it's a shame the summer played out the way it did because they were set to be great next year. I see the SMC as having a lot of parity next year--4th or 5th place team will be capable of knocking off the 1st place team on any given night, no more Hayesville and Cherokee splitting with each other and killing everyone else.

Has Cherokee even interviewed? You guys got me wondering who got it and it isn't even posted on their website. When did it all go down?

The whispers are that they will promote from within and do not have to post as such.

I don't know how the school expects to attract a good coach when a highly successful coach gets ran off

The boys will be just fine . These kids are the begning group that won 3 straight middle school champ and went 36-1

Any news on Cherokee coach?

As they will still be pre-season pick to win conference, rosman and Swain will be two teams to look out for. Swain has pretty much their whole team back including the ttall guard (treadway?) that had to sit out last year. E. Bradley and Shuler are both seniors and will be focused in on having a great season. The younger Bradley brother should be much improved with a year under his belt and great size. Rosman may not have a lot of depth but they have two of the best players in the conference in Reese and Thomas, both those guys are strong and look for both of them to have big years for Rosman. I really think the conference could be a toss up between Swain, rosman, Cherokee, and Hayesville. And no telling about murphy, maybe that new coach gets some of those top football athletes to come out and play on the hardwood. Look forward to a good season.

Heard today they hired a coach but I'm not gonna say cause it could be rumor should be released soon this week im guessing. If it's who I've heard very good hire I think

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT