ADVERTISEMENT

SMC all star team

1standGoalSmc

Nov 27, 2018
Make a SMC All Star Team. Players Can Only play one side of the ball List the school also.
QB
RB
FB
TE
WR
WR
WR
LT
LG
C
RG
RT

DE
DE
DT
DT
LB
LB
LB
CB
CB
FS
SS

K
P

Does this serve a purpose or is this a debate that would take place with each position/player. I see five or six that I could nominate from Swain. I always feel bad if someone was accidentally not mentioned. Just a suggestion - how about looking at only the all conference players. If it has been announced yet for all teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SWO1
99% of this list would be Robbinsville and Murphy players. Are schools allowed to give out All Conference selections before the playoffs end?

I have several players playing out of position in this lineup..BUT give me this team ,2 weeks of practice and Coach Gentry and Coach Walsh..We beat anyone in 1A-1AA except Tarboro. I know I've missed someone outstanding but these are off the top of my head..I also added the position of Athlete(4 of them) and Return man.
Now who's going to be the QB?

QB Stewart..Rosman
RB Anderson.... Robbinsville
FB Allen .....Murphy
TE Roberts..Murphy
WR Lane .. Robbinsville
WR Mintz .. Cherokee
WR Thomas..Rosman
LT.. Mugharbil..Murphy
LG.. Hughes... Swain
C Brown.. Swain
RG Edwards... Robbinsville
RT Satterfield.. Murphy

DE Shope.. Murphy
DE Rayburn.. Murphy
DT Lovin ... Robbinsville
DT Bodine.. Murphy
LB Orr... Robbinsville
LB McTaggart .. Murphy
LB Allen ..Swain
CB Beal... Murphy
CB Nelson.. Murphy
FS Sain... Swain
SS Phillips.. Robbinsville

K Barnett.. Robbinsville
P Lovin Robbinsville

Athlete AJ Orneals.. Robbinsville
Athlete Shepard..Andrews
Athlete Evans ..Cherokee
Athlete. Murray.. Murphy
Returns..Hooper Robbinsville

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62 and smcdogfan
Roberts has to be on there, he is Murphy's best player. He is best at LB but you could play him pretty much anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
Sheppard from Andrews has to be a starter somewhere on this team, if he played at Murphy or Robbinsville he would be one of their best players and more well known.

Sheppard from Andrews has to be a starter somewhere on this team, if he played at Murphy or Robbinsville he would be one of their best players and more well known.
I had Shepard on the team from the get go..I moved him from WR to athlete just because he could play any position. Heck we could let him be the qb!!

Reactions: mbdfan
Maybe McClure but as for the other one, this ain't basketball. It will take more than height to get you a spot on this team

I have several players playing out of position in this lineup..BUT give me this team ,2 weeks of practice and Coach Gentry and Coach Walsh..We beat anyone in 1A-1AA except Tarboro.

I should hope so with a pool of 2500 students. What do you think they do in 4AA? Would certainly be better than McDowell.

QB is hard, especially when players can't go both ways. I put Nelson there even with his value on defense because he has a cannon and doesnt turn the ball over.

QB Nelson... Murphy
RB Anderson... Robbinsville
FB Allen... Murphy
WB Murray... Murphy
WR Mintz... Cherokee
TE Thomas... Rosman
LT Mugharbil... Murphy
LG Satterfield... Murphy
C Brown... Swain
RG Edwards... Robbinsville
RT Hughes... Swain

DE Shope... Murphy
NT. Bodine... Murphy
DE Rayburn... Murphy
LB McTaggart... Murphy
LB Ornelas... Robbinsville
LB Orr... Robbinsville
LB Roberts... Murphy
CB Beal... Murphy
CB Sheppard... Andrews
FS Sain... Swain
SS Phillips... Robbinsville

K Barnett... Robbinsville
P Lovin... Robbinsville

ATH Evans... Cherokee
ATH Dorsey... Murphy
ATH McClure... Hayesville

KR/PR Hooper... Robbinsville

Last edited:
Maybe McClure but as for the other one, this ain't basketball. It will take more than height to get you a spot on this team
J McTaggart is a good football player, especially for a freshman on varsity. He could be a beast at TE on a good team.

Last edited:
I know this is hypothetical....... but man I would love to see an all star SMC team vs a SPC or MVC all star team.

Hold it on a neutral field like WCU or some larger stadium.

Langston #47 from Swain and Millsaps #75 and Brooks #33 should be considered as well if they were building a roster. Stewart from Rosman at QB with some weapons could be a good fit for this type of team.

I know this is hypothetical....... but man I would love to see an all star SMC team vs a SPC or MVC all star team.

Hold it on a neutral field like WCU or some larger stadium.

Langston #47 from Swain and Millsaps #75 and Brooks #33 should be considered as well if they were building a roster. Stewart from Rosman at QB with some weapons could be a good fit for this type of team.
Dad you are welcome to make up your on team..This is all in fun..Be interesting to see some new thoughts and ideas.

I'd have to put #47 Langston in there too. That boy is fun to watch play. Reminds me a little of CJ Shepherd that used to play for Swain. Looking forward to watching him next year for sure.

Reactions: smcdogfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT