ADVERTISEMENT

SMC 2018!!! What are your thoughts!!!

Murphy "beat" Asheville 4-3 in the scrimmage tonight. No idea how either team played just that Murray had three 30+ yd scores and McTaggart a 40 yd score.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Swain scrimmaging in canton tonight vs Pisgah and Moutain Heritage. Going to be great to get this season started. I’m interested to see what all three teams look like in action this preseason. 1 more week!

Anderson didnt have much yards when i was at the game. I stayed about 7 or 730.
Hooper is #20 and broke 3 for 150 maybe.

I am glad the mods removed the myopic content from a certain Robbinsville fan.

Murphy wins the conference with Swain and Cherokee several steps behind. Robbinsville who has not been right since Plymouth whupped them several years ago will come in 4th.

Your expertise has been noted

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Murphy and Robbinsville BOTh turned out better than preseason talk in this thread. Yes most picked Dogs to win the league but not picked to be as dominant as they been.. Rville is real good and nobody wants to see them in thier side of the playoff bracket

Reactions: mbdfan and MHS-88
Your preseason prediction was real close BK, just should have had your Knights one spot higher

I'm going to give Robbinsville props all the way around. I didn't expect anything out if their varsity or JVs this year and they both ended up tough as nails. Next year there will be a dog fight for the SMC Championship.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Murphy has reloaded on the line with a lot of skilled players to go with that. McTaggert is the best back in the conference
I think Swain will win the conference in a very tough battle with Murphy
Cherokee will be tough especially with the momentum of last year
Robbinsville has one of the best backs in the conference and will have help from Hooper coming up from JV and he was very impressive
Rosman has a very wide open offense and will make some noise
Hayesville keeps improving after the coaching change and has added a lot of talent from last years JV team
Andrews has a very young team but has some size on the line and finally some depth also.
Only two weeks to go so we will see here is my finishing order
Swain
Murphy
Cherokee
Robbinsville
Rosman
Hayesville
Andrews
Man I missed it bad this year !! Lol

Bro you got one of the best coaches in the state, he knows how to develop players
I’ll agree 100 %. Coach walsh is a sort of tight lipped guy when it comes to throwing out individual praise for a coach or player, he will give praise to his staff and will tell you they are the key to his success. When it comes to coach Maldwin ( line coach) he will tell you straight up he is “ one of the best in the state at any level “ and I’ll say he’s not to far off . Knows his stuff and even better with the kids. They buy in and have nothing but respect for him.

I’ll agree 100 %. Coach walsh is a sort of tight lipped guy when it comes to throwing out individual praise for a coach or player, he will give praise to his staff and will tell you they are the key to his success. When it comes to coach Maldwin ( line coach) he will tell you straight up he is “ one of the best in the state at any level “ and I’ll say he’s not to far off . Knows his stuff and even better with the kids. They buy in and have nothing but respect for him.
He is the best. Tough on his lineman , but they will walk through a fire for him.

I'm going to give Robbinsville props all the way around. I didn't expect anything out if their varsity or JVs this year and they both ended up tough as nails. Next year there will be a dog fight for the SMC Championship.
I agree 100 percent. You should have seen the jv game Thursday. That rville team came out on a mission.

Murphy has reloaded on the line with a lot of skilled players to go with that. McTaggert is the best back in the conference
I think Swain will win the conference in a very tough battle with Murphy
Cherokee will be tough especially with the momentum of last year
Robbinsville has one of the best backs in the conference and will have help from Hooper coming up from JV and he was very impressive
Rosman has a very wide open offense and will make some noise
Hayesville keeps improving after the coaching change and has added a lot of talent from last years JV team
Andrews has a very young team but has some size on the line and finally some depth also.
Only two weeks to go so we will see here is my finishing order
Swain
Murphy
Cherokee
Robbinsville
Rosman
Hayesville
Andrews
LOL

Fightin4braves you want to talk about the native kids at swain.y'all got a white coach a white athletic director and had a white qb from Polk county.quit hatin bro.id say majotity of natives that go to swain do so for a better education.he'll your chief hicks sent his kids to swain.that should tell you something

Just a few corrections:

Athletic Director is native.
Polk Co QB was raised in Cherokee since a young child.
Kids do not attend Swain for a better education. In fact all of Western North Carolina is fairly close in education. Kids attend Duke, Carolina, Vandy, OU, etc every year from Cherokee. About about Hicks sending his kids there, he lives in Swain county....so?

The only thing that ticks me off is the Native kids in Rville get called coconuts and apples??? We live a county over and yet we get the names called because of the animosity with Swain & Cherokee. This crap apparently doesn’t last long in fact doesn’t Cherokee have a lot of former Swain players on the staff (Mitchell, Barker, Sneed...). It’s is ingrained in the heads of kids and as they grow it grows. But honestly it’s about rooting for jerseys and unfortunately kids sometimes take the blunt of it. It’s a rivalry but considering how much former Cherokee players have helped Swain or vice versa it doesn’t hold much salt.

The only thing that ticks me off is the Native kids in Rville get called coconuts and apples??? We live a county over and yet we get the names called because of the animosity with Swain & Cherokee. This crap apparently doesn’t last long in fact doesn’t Cherokee have a lot of former Swain players on the staff (Mitchell, Barker, Sneed...). It’s is ingrained in the heads of kids and as they grow it grows. But honestly it’s about rooting for jerseys and unfortunately kids sometimes take the blunt of it. It’s a rivalry but considering how much former Cherokee players have helped Swain or vice versa it doesn’t hold much salt.
The Native kids in R'ville get called brothers and sisters, no animosity what so ever. If anything the Native kids in R'ville play harder against the Cherokee teams than anybody else in the conference.

Just a few corrections:

Athletic Director is native.
Polk Co QB was raised in Cherokee since a young child.
Kids do not attend Swain for a better education. In fact all of Western North Carolina is fairly close in education. Kids attend Duke, Carolina, Vandy, OU, etc every year from Cherokee. About about Hicks sending his kids there, he lives in Swain county....so?
Agreed. Cherokee sends kids to different colleges year after year and the kids are successful. One correction, Hicks lives in Jackson County

Think hicks sent his kids to Swain cause he can coach his kids and control the coaches that do coach them. He had kid at pisgsh too just FYI

Reactions: Oldbravesfan
Isn't barker your ad.I know he was and he was born on alarka and has zero native blood

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT