ADVERTISEMENT

SMC 2018!!! What are your thoughts!!!

You wear your hate on your selve I see.
Yeah it's real cool to huh!?? How longs it been since unz took that sign down about not lettin tha sun set on your back?? I know you'll try an hide it on here and high 5 your buddies about it in tha dark!!! Of all people talkin about "hate" you say it, I may wear it on my sleeve but I guess its better then hidin it behind tha Bible!! How may African Americans have ever played down there or how many have ever been on that coachin staff!???

Only one adopted that has lived here. He played on our state team. He still lives here.
He must like it.
Outsiders dont coach here. No matter the color.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Our 2014 and 15 teams would beat any Christ School team in the last 2 decades. Were just in a low spot right now

Stopped by the practice field in Murphy late yesterday. It may just be me but the line looks bigger than we have had in quiet a few years.

Stopped by the practice field in Murphy late yesterday. It may just be me but the line looks bigger than we have had in quiet a few years.
Depending on who wins a couple of positions, could be Murphy's biggest o-line and d-line in well over a decade.

Depending on who wins a couple of positions, could be Murphy's biggest o-line and d-line in well over a decade.
Yeah I heard Bulldogs were big & deep on the line of scrimmage. I know they have plenty of great runners to go with that. Dang with a strong line just about anyone could run. I guess the only question to be answered is at QB. But again, who needs to throw with a strong run game other than to keep the other team honest

Yeah I heard Bulldogs were big & deep on the line of scrimmage. I know they have plenty of great runners to go with that. Dang with a strong line just about anyone could run.
The line has a lot of potential, but there's going to be a bunch of youth and inexperience, will take time for them to hit their stride. If they work hard though they have a chance to be a very good group by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Murphy has reloaded on the line with a lot of skilled players to go with that. McTaggert is the best back in the conference
I think Swain will win the conference in a very tough battle with Murphy
Cherokee will be tough especially with the momentum of last year
Robbinsville has one of the best backs in the conference and will have help from Hooper coming up from JV and he was very impressive
Rosman has a very wide open offense and will make some noise
Hayesville keeps improving after the coaching change and has added a lot of talent from last years JV team
Andrews has a very young team but has some size on the line and finally some depth also.
Only two weeks to go so we will see here is my finishing order
Swain
Murphy
Cherokee
Robbinsville
Rosman
Hayesville
Andrews

Last edited:
Wildcat, I just don't see Swain beating Murphy at Murphy. It's only happened twice in the last 18 years and both times Swain had a much better team (2004 and 2011). I think 2019 is Swain's year to win the conference, they'll have a bunch of talented seniors next year.

The only way I see Swain winning the conference this season is if there's a three way tie for 1st between Murphy, Swain and Robbinsville (which is possible) or Murphy has injury issues (depth isn't great in some areas).

I'm not counting Cherokee out, talent wise they're in the discussion. I just think it will be tough for them to win or share the conference when they have to play both Murphy and Robbinsville on the road.

Last edited:
Swain offensive line outlook:
6-8 305 Tackle Junior
6-2 250 Tackle Junior
6-0 225 Guard Junior
6-1 240 Guard Junior
6-1 290 Center Senior
6-2 210 TE Junior

Doing the math that is 1520lbs
Murphy might go 260, 240, 260, 300, 250, 220 across the front this year. A couple of those positions still up for grabs but it's going to be a big line regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphy might go 260, 240, 260, 300, 250, 220 across the front this year. A couple of those positions still up for grabs but it's going to be a big line regardless.
Sounds about even! Three of our linemen have played and started the last two seasons. Even two of them played as freshmen. One was runner up at WCU linemen challenge camp as a senior and the other one won it in the junior group. I was watching the other day and I was impressed with three of our linemen and how good they look. Powerful as any Hs linemen can be. The other two are young but great size and work ethic. A big strong line with a power back and a speedy scat back will be a strong combination this season.

The good news for Murphy is most of their big boys will be back next season, and they'll need that big and experienced line because Murphy is going to be young pretty much everywhere else next year, the only senior skill players next year are Murray and Dorsey, both super talented but only two players.

Murphy will be counting on some sophomores in key spots next season, unless a couple of the four sophomore skill kids that quit (one academics, didn't quit) this year, come back out next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swaindad40
Same here. Swain basically looses one starting linemen and one starting linebacker prior to next season. Returning a lot next season. This year sounds about even with swain and Murphy. Im sure it’s going to be a hell of a game at Murphy this season. Looking forward to watching this one. One injury or whichever team is healthier could be the difference in this matchup this season.

Nobody should sleep on Robbinsville. Talented group of athletes and running backs. But the difference I see is the potential up front. Both Swain and Murphy have very good backs. But both have big men with talent up front.

Robbinsville and Swain was on wlos friday night. Anybody catch it.

Yes. I like how they had new footage of a Robbinsville practice indoors and a new interview with the coach. Then for Swain they only showed old footage with a old interview from last month at a 7 on 7 event. Could have stopped in Bryson City for a new interview and film some.

Reactions: BK13T-$
This year sounds about even with swain and Murphy. Im sure it’s going to be a hell of a game at Murphy this season. Looking forward to watching this one. One injury or whichever team is healthier could be the difference in this matchup this season.
I think there a lot closer in talent this year than they were last year. Last year was a game Murphy had no business losing from a pure talent standpoint. As far as this years game goes Murphy has a bunch of seniors again and Swain is junior heavy. Swain will have some good skill players but Murphy is a lot deeper there with McTaggart, Nelson, Vining, Murray, Allen, Dorsey, Roberts, Beal and Rathburn. And most importantly as far as Murphy - Swain games go, this years game is at the Hill. Now anything can happen on any given night in football, last year proves that but I think Murphy beats Swain this season for those three reasons.

Last edited:
I think there a lot closer in talent this year than they were last year. Last year was a game Murphy had no business losing from a pure talent standpoint. As far as this years game goes Murphy has a bunch of seniors again and Swain is junior heavy. Swain will have some good skill players but Murphy is a lot deeper there with McTaggart, Nelson, Vining, Murray, Allen, Dorsey, Roberts, Beal and Rathburn. And most importantly as far as Murphy - Swain games go, this years game is at the Hill. Now anything can happen on any given night in football, last year proves that but I think Murphy beats Swain this season for those three reasons.
Murphy is much much deeper..God forbid Swain lose Sain to an injury, but without Sain ,Swain would be lucky to win 3 games.

Wildcat, I just don't see Swain beating Murphy at Murphy. It's only happened twice in the last 18 years and both times Swain had a much better team (2004 and 2011). I think 2019 is Swain's year to win the conference, they'll have a bunch of talented seniors next year.

The only way I see Swain winning the conference this season is if there's a three way tie for 1st between Murphy, Swain and Robbinsville (which is possible) or Murphy has injury issues (depth isn't great in some areas).

I'm not counting Cherokee out, talent wise they're in the discussion. I just think it will be tough for them to win or share the conference when they have to play both Murphy and Robbinsville on the road.
In my thoughts I gave Swain a edge on the line of scrimmage. It’s going to be a battle but like every year it depends on injuries and who plays mistake free. I will be at this one for sure.

Reactions: Swaindad40
Murphy has reloaded on the line with a lot of skilled players to go with that. McTaggert is the best back in the conference
I think Swain will win the conference in a very tough battle with Murphy
Cherokee will be tough especially with the momentum of last year
Robbinsville has one of the best backs in the conference and will have help from Hooper coming up from JV and he was very impressive
Rosman has a very wide open offense and will make some noise
Hayesville keeps improving after the coaching change and has added a lot of talent from last years JV team
Andrews has a very young team but has some size on the line and finally some depth also.
Only two weeks to go so we will see here is my finishing order
Swain
Murphy
Cherokee
Robbinsville
Rosman
Hayesville
Andrews

I'm not sure I would put Andrews behind hayesville or rosman. I think the cats could surprise folks this year. I've seen several of their kids lately. They look bigger and in better shape this year. White and Holloway are very good players. Their line should be big. I think they can be very competitive this year.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would put Andrews behind hayesville or rosman. I think the cats could surprise folks this year. I've have seen several of their kids lately. They look bigger and in better shape this year. White and Holloway are very good players. Their line should be big. I think they can be very competitive this year.
I think they will too. I just think we’re really young but we finally have some depth on the line. I know the kids worked hard in offseason in some capacity.

Andrews is big up front. Probably average 240. But they are also young across the board. Almost all sophmores, albeit a group of talented and hard-nosed sophmores that aren't used to losing. Good skill players, but again young. Experience may play a factor, and numbers aren't high...yet. If they can limit turnovers, penalties, and escape any major injuries, it's possible that they can be very competitive. They will be much improved from last year.
I agree. The potential & talent is there just young. Hopefully they will stay healthy and mature as each game goes by. We’re going to have to be patient and support them through the process

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT