ADVERTISEMENT

SMC 2018-19

Halftime in Hayesville, Murphy girls 22, Jackets 15. Officiating is terrible. 17 fouls on Lady Dogs, 8 on Jackets. Can't move without a foul being called. The old man from Brevard "Professor" is lead official, would like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Halftime in Hayesville, Murphy girls 22, Jackets 15. Officiating is terrible. 17 fouls on Lady Dogs, 8 on Jackets. Can't move without a foul being called. The old man from Brevard "Professor" is lead official, would like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.
That guy is terrible. He is the main reason I have only been to 1 game this year. He refs a ton of Tiger games. I guarantee multiple people will foul out, and technicals will be handed out like candy. He also will antagonize the kids, he goads them until they snap. Happened last year with D. Thomas. Worse official ever. Waste of $ to even go watch a game he is reffing.

32-27 Hayesville girls, 3:27 to go. This is a game with no offensive flow. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Murphy boys coach gone at beginning of 2nd quarter. 20 fouls called so far.

Sadly he was thrown out for 1 direct technical and 1 indirect technical. I believe ejection is 2 direct or a combo 3 direct or indirect.

Last edited:
Sadly he was thrown out for 1 direct technical and 1 indirect technical. I believe ejection is 2 direct or a combocombinof 3 direct or indirect.
This is pitiful. 4 to go in 2nd, what, maybe 30 fouls or more between two teams.

That guy is terrible. He is the main reason I have only been to 1 game this year. He refs a ton of Tiger games. I guarantee multiple people will foul out, and technicals will be handed out like candy. He also will antagonize the kids, he goads them until they snap. Happened last year with D. Thomas. Worse official ever. Waste of $ to even go watch a game he is reffing.
We had him at our Christmas Tournament and I thought he had changed. Lol. I guess he just held back till Conference started. I asked him last year if he had ever played the game and he turned to me and told me he was
All State. Lmbo. So he is a Professor too !!

Reactions: TigerDen2
We had him at our Christmas Tournament and I thought he had changed. Lol. I guess he just held back till Conference started. I asked him last year if he had ever played the game and he turned to me and told me he was
All State. Lmbo. So he is a Professor too !!
I don't know the exact numbers, but around 40 fouls and twovtechnicals in first half. It was both ways. He rode Murphy hard for a little over a quarter then turned on Hayesville.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I don't know the exact numbers, but around 40 fouls and twovtechnicals in first half. It was both ways. He rode Murphy hard for a little over a quarter then turned on Hayesville.
That’s what he did at Swain last year. I heard he called a technical on our coach at Nantahala Tuesday night but I didn’t go to that game. I was told after that game someone asked the other two officials what they thought of him and they hated calling a game with him. He was run off from the Asheville Association so we’re stuck with him. Why would you drive from Brevard to call a game ? Send his butt down to Hiwassee Dam every game. Maybe he will quit

Reactions: GreyGod623
That’s what he did at Swain last year. I heard he called a technical on our coach at Nantahala Tuesday night but I didn’t go to that game. I was told after that game someone asked the other two officials what they thought of him and they hated calling a game with him. He was run off from the Asheville Association so we’re stuck with him. Why would you drive from Brevard to call a game ? Send his butt down to Hiwassee Dam every game. Maybe he will quit
Hiwassee Dam JV

It wasn’t that lopsided but it was terrible! When I found out he was there I cringed!!

Why does this guy get every big game he is awful . I think he was the ref on every big game cherokee played. Who is the ref supervisor

Why does this guy get every big game he is awful . I think he was the ref on every big game cherokee played. Who is the ref supervisor
It is pretty bad when opposing fan team up together against the official! I couldn’t believe some of the calls on Murphy’s boys!!!!

Worst game I have ever witnessed! No reason for an official to try an control a game like that. Laney and the bench didn’t deserve what he did. Eric is a great guy and coach, he said nothing out of the way to Dr. All-state.
I could never picture Eric doing or saying anything to get a technical

Reactions: therealsquid
I think it's Woodsmall. I also think he was a congressional candidate last year. Don't imagine he did well in SMC territory.

I heard the rumors but I don’t think he would of left . I also know Cherokee does pay well. We were very below avg before he got here in girls and now we are probably top 5 every year. The boys side has had good big name coaches but they just don’t stay but we been really successful . .
Look at Murphy girls they got a good coach and have competed with Cherokee every since. Good coaches do make a difference . Look what Briggs did to our football.

Hey, you won a state title before he got there and had a runner up.

Very true but that was 25 years ago. We have a great tradition of girls we fell on hard times in the 2000s but I’m glad we back and been a contender. It’s been fun to watch and I think this years team has a chance they are really fun to watch

Dr Allstate and his crew rested their ugly heads tonight in the Cherokee @ Highlands game. I mean he especially might as well have suited up for Highlands. Yes they missed calls both ways but Highlands was in the double bonus both halves whereas Cherokee barely made it into the bonus. He also gave a tech to the Cherokee coach early on then ejected him because a player on the bench got one for standing up and objecting to a call. Highlands coach for by with one warning. Cherokee had 1 player foul out with several with 3+ fouls. Highlands had 1 foul out and 3 with 3 fouls . Nobody else close to bring in foul trouble . It's a shame a grown man has to decide the outcome of the game rather than letting the players decide smh

Dr Allstate and his crew rested their ugly heads tonight in the Cherokee @ Highlands game. I mean he especially might as well have suited up for Highlands. Yes they missed calls both ways but Highlands was in the double bonus both halves whereas Cherokee barely made it into the bonus. He also gave a tech to the Cherokee coach early on then ejected him because a player on the bench got one for standing up and objecting to a call. Highlands coach for by with one warning. Cherokee had 1 player foul out with several with 3+ fouls. Highlands had 1 foul out and 3 with 3 fouls . Nobody else close to bring in foul trouble . It's a shame a grown man has to decide the outcome of the game rather than letting the players decide smh
That man can ruin a ballgame all by himself!! Other officials have said they hate calling games with him!

Anybody at the Andrews/Hayesville game that can give us some info on how the game played out?

Murphy Girls 54-49 vs Hiawassee Dam (murphy was down 5 going into 4th)
Hayesville Girls 55-31 vs Andrews
I know Robbinsville girls beat swain but not sure of the score
Swain boys beat Robbinsville by 11

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT