ADVERTISEMENT

Sleepers in 2a

tarheel fan1

Dec 2, 2011
What are some teams that are not obvious to maybe make a good run?
I’ll say chase, rs central and burlington Cummings

Also, I think Saint Paul’s could make a deep run, although they did so last year.

Midway seems to be getting better and better each year will have one of the most talented QBs in 2A this fall if their defense catches up with the offense could be a sleeper to watch out for. East Bladen is another team thats been kinda quiet the last few seasons a traditional power i think they could possibly make some noise 5-2 this spring only losing 11 seniors

Reactions: Maiden Creek
What are some teams that are not obvious to maybe make a good run?
I’ll say chase, rs central and burlington Cummings

Also, I think Saint Paul’s could make a deep run, although they did so last year.
Good choices, and I looked at the hudl of that one kid from Cummings that you recently posted about. He looks special, and he looked physically mature to be just a freshman. I can only imagine what he’s going to look like, as he matures even more over the years. That kid is definitely on his way to becoming a special, big time player.

West Craven. COVID kept them out of playoffs. It actually kept them from a chance at playoffs. Their game with Washington was canceled and WC needed that game.
that is totally unfair and a crying shame....somehow that game should've been made up, especially if it affects a teams chance to make playoffs......

that is totally unfair and a crying shame....somehow that game should've been made up, especially if it affects a teams chance to make playoffs......
Washington would not reschedule it. They knew what would happen if they did.

Good choices, and I looked at the hudl of that one kid from Cummings that you recently posted about. He looks special, and he looked physically mature to be just a freshman. I can only imagine what he’s going to look like, as he matures even more over the years. That kid is definitely on his way to becoming a special, big time player.

He’s the real deal. I th
I figured he would be a division one guy. Just didn’t know it would be this soon. Some east teams will have trouble with that offense. The main concern I don’t know if they could take a established program like Clinton, northeastern and wrh. By the way I’m planning on going to the next gervonta Davis fight

He’s the real deal. I th

I figured he would be a division one guy. Just didn’t know it would be this soon. Some east teams will have trouble with that offense. The main concern I don’t know if they could take a established program like Clinton, northeastern and wrh. By the way I’m planning on going to the next gervonta Davis fight
That’s what’s up, my g. Hopefully, the ticket prices are not inflated due to this Covid bs. I need step out of the box, and look into this. I’m too much of a homebody. I’m actually off that weekend, too. I know my brother would love to make that move.

I’d be surprised if he stays at Cummings.

Reactions: Lion Attack
NE qb way over rated. Running back playing QB, looked like it was his first snaps of the season vs Reidsville. Looked shocked, pulled the ball and ran every time. Weird offense over there
I think he will be a great RB. The NE passing game was subpar at best.

Reactions: UNC91
Reidsville already has a QB for this fall who may be an even better prospect that the Cummings QB. I think both are already on a lot of recruiting boards, particularly the Cummings QB who got a lot of looks this spring.

Yeah, reidsville doesn’t need a qb. I could see the Cummings qb playing at the next level somewhere

dont remember the QB for Cummings but I remember Paylor the freshman Rb/WR....He's pretty special......................
OK. We could definitely use him at RB. Don't know anything about his family. Just hope he doesn't have friends at W. Alamance or Cummings could drop out of the sleeper category.

Name some names. Where are they going new bern... last time I checked eagles have beaten the bears 4 of the last 5 years. Just be glad covid keep it from happening again
Hey “Coach”! Congrats on winning those games during the down years and sneaking one in two years ago when we had nothing to play for. Wouldn’t be anything new, though. Just like when Clay transferred over here so he could get a taste of being a Champion with Da Bears. Sucks y’all didn’t make the playoffs this year. We’ll see what happens here in the next few months. Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited:
Hey “Coach”! Congrats on winning those games during the down years and sneaking one in two years ago when we had nothing to play for. Wouldn’t be anything new, though. Just like when Clay transferred over here so he could get a taste of being a Champion with Da Bears. Sucks y’all didn’t make the playoffs this year. We’ll see what happens here in the next few months. Thanks for chiming in.
Why are you creeping on the 2a Boards? I would like to go down the list of wrongs you have committed in your post.

1st of all you should never talk about kids transferring. There are a lot of moving parts and pieces to do it. That involves children’s future, coaches, parents, and potentially administrators. Not a Good look.

2nd of Eagles beat y’all as a 3a team and as a 2a team, Should never happened if going by size alone. The Eagles use to beat the Bears regularly before Chip got there.

3rd of all Clay like Chip tried to retire and come back but the county had other plans. Therefore he coached without a teachers salary for NBHS. He wasn’t chasing a ring, he was doing what he love to do without the stress and politics. You can’t find a person living or Dead that loves West Craven more than Clay Jordan.

Reactions: Otis4411
Why are you creeping on the 2a Boards? I would like to go down the list of wrongs you have committed in your post.

1st of all you should never talk about kids transferring. There are a lot of moving parts and pieces to do it. That involves children’s future, coaches, parents, and potentially administrators. Not a Good look.

2nd of Eagles beat y’all as a 3a team and as a 2a team, Should never happened if going by size alone. The Eagles use to beat the Bears regularly before Chip got there.

3rd of all Clay like Chip tried to retire and come back but the county had other plans. Therefore he coached without a teachers salary for NBHS. He wasn’t chasing a ring, he was doing what he love to do without the stress and politics. You can’t find a person living or Dead that loves West Craven more than Clay Jordan.
Hey Billy! Creeping? Sorry that I'm a Craven County Football fan and comment on football, outside of my school. My bad! I didn't name any names and some of the kids have already transferred, Coaches/parents on both schools are aware.

Secondly, like I referred to in my original post, the Bears were down those years but congrats to the Eagles on their victories.

Thirdly, I never said he was chasing a ring. Merely said he got a chance to be a State Champion at The New Bern High School. I'm aware that Clay loves West Craven.

Lastly, I replied back to your FB message. Thanks for the response.

Go Bears.

Best thing you could do is ignore the paper boy from new Bern. He's gonna make a big deal out of 1 kid transferring cause he thinks it makes him look big. Kids transfer just about every year between the 2. Sometimes they transfer to West Craven in which you don't hear him talk about. Let the 4A idiot beat his chest. He better be making up another excuse for losing to a little 2A school Again!

Reactions: dogs79
Best thing you could do is ignore the paper boy from new Bern. He's gonna make a big deal out of 1 kid transferring cause he thinks it makes him look big. Kids transfer just about every year between the 2. Sometimes they transfer to West Craven in which you don't hear him talk about. Let the 4A idiot beat his chest. He better be making up another excuse for losing to a little 2A school Again!
Appreciate the response, Greg.

First off, not sure where the "paper boy" reference is coming from but as far as "idiot", my wife calls me much worse.

I'm well aware that kids transfer all around Craven County -- but my comment was referring to this year rather in years past.

Also not sure where I beat my chest in any of my comments on here.

Again, congrats on beating us, I've enjoyed the rivalry since I started at New Bern in 2002, have seen some great games! I've been friends with the starting QB for WC's dad for over 15 years and can't wait to see him light it up again this year.

Hopefully you noticed the West Craven Football program/calendars I created back in 2016/17 up until last year. Half went to subscribers of the Sun Journal and the other half went to the school to give out at games. I did it for Pamlico, Havelock, West Craven and New Bern so fans/parents could see their photos/schedules for their respective teams.

I love Vanceboro and the history of the Eagle program. That is why when my wife experienced a horrific car wreck back in a snow storm around 2008-2009, we went to Crawford's Automotive in Vanceboro to get it fixed. Greg over at G&H Designs in Vanceboro also hooked me up with a embroidered sweatshirt earlier this year, highly recommend! Can't forget my main man Chad over at Kite's. I enjoyed presenting him the plaque and banner for winning "Best Supermarket" and have enjoyed a relationship with him for several years now.

Lastly, tell your AD I said hello. David and I filmed a TV segment years ago and really think highly of him.

Offer is on the table to treat you to dinner before the NB/WC game later this year to prove to you I'm not as bad as you think.

Last edited:

Paper boy? You got the balls to come here and talk water boy lol

No real sleepers out west unless you send Cummings over there, and even that would be asking alot. Too many 3A playoff caliber teams on that side of the 2A bracket. Could be even worse, mind you Hunter Huss is playing up this year.

No real sleepers out west unless you send Cummings over there, and even that would be asking alot. Too many 3A playoff caliber teams on that side of the 2A bracket. Could be even worse, mind you Hunter Huss is playing up this year.

Yeah I like that Cummings is east. It sucks this could be a Top 10 Cummings team reidsville won’t get to play. It’s no clear cut favorite out east either

Reactions: Chopper747
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT