ADVERTISEMENT

Simmons Ratings - Week 8

These ratings hate Butler, they might have the best win in North Carolina beating Weddington and have the “best loss” in losing by two to Rolesville on the road yet ranked behind both teams. Butler is in their soft portion of their schedule now but get Catholic next week.

These ratings hate Butler, they might have the best win in North Carolina beating Weddington and have the “best loss” in losing by two to Rolesville on the road yet ranked behind both teams. Butler is in their soft portion of their schedule now but get Catholic next week.
Think Butler is a very good team. The Rolesville loss hurts some. But the biggest factor is SOS and Langston taking another loss. SS is 40 which is 2nd worse in the top ten and only an undefeated team has SOS worse. Weddington is a great win, But Weddington had a better win in beating Dutch Fork, and a better loss in losing to Butler. If that makes sense. Butler has loss to Rolesville.

-Then factor in Garinger # 102, East Meck 99, and Rocky River #90. That drags down your SOS greatly. Once you get Indy and CC Butler will jump into the top 3. It shows Butler strength that they have 40 SOS and already top 5.

2-5 Dutch Fork over 5-2 Langston...
Wouldn’t Butler’s win against Hughes and Weddington be better than Weddington beating Dutch Fork?

Butler gets Catholic this week then Indy to finish the year with a bye in between. Hard to believe the regular season is almost over.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t Butler’s win against Dutch Fork and Weddington be better than Weddington beating Dutch Fork?

Butler gets Catholic this week then Indy to finish the year with a bye in between. Hard to believe the regular season is almost over.
Absolutely, that is why I question his logic about Dutch Fork win better than the Hughes win

Absolutely, that is why I question his logic about Dutch Fork win better than the Hughes win
I meant to say win against Hughes in the above post.

If you want to make an argument about Richmond being down and Butler played the soft portion of their schedule that would be valid. I think Butler probably has the best two wins of anyone in the classification.

Wouldn’t Butler’s win against Hughes and Weddington be better than Weddington beating Dutch Fork?

I wish the Carolina Panthers' season was over.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Rolesville’s big loss to Grimsley doesn’t help Butler.
Grimsley is the number one team in the state and it was Rolesville’s only loss. Its not ideal but in hindsight its not a terrible loss. Hopefully Butler plays them next year.

Which teams are getting better, and how much is the real question. If the playoffs started at the beginning of the year maybe NB doesnt win last year. They got better every week. Week 1 and 2 are a crap shoots, a lot of new kids trying to get comfortable and get use to the speed. If Rolesville played Grimsley now maybe it would be worse, maybe it would be a much closer game. There are still 3 weeks left for teams to be hitting on all cylinders. The West has some very good teams and there will be some great matchups even week 1 of the playoffs. Not a lot of talk about Chambers and MC. I would not sleep on either one of those teams. WC got MC after two brutal games and I am sure MC was banged up and mentally drained. Chamber lost a close one to Hough, that game could have gone either way. I am sure they will be much better by the end of the year. Weddington and Hough and Butler have been battle tested and will be ready to make a run. Grimsley has not played nearly as tough a schedule but they should be the favorites and will be well rested heading into the playoffs.
The East is thinning out as the year goes on. Rolesville is the clear cut favorite with Cleveland and Hoggard right behind them. WF lost week 1 but they are as well coached as any team and I look for them to make some noise. CG is flying under the radar as well as Clayton. Jordan will be a tough out as they can run the bal!.

Reactions: mpj2k8
Grimsley is the number one team in the state and it was Rolesville’s only loss. Its not ideal but in hindsight its not a terrible loss. Hopefully Butler plays them next year.
I probably should have said that it doesn’t help them statistically. Butler is probably better than Rolesville, but they are my favorite to come out of the East.

At the end of the day the west representative will be either Butler, Grimsley or Weddington!

I probably should have said that it doesn’t help them statistically. Butler is probably better than Rolesville, but they are my favorite to come out of the East.
Not sure how you can say Butler is better. Rolesville beat them and they have absolutely rolled everyone they’ve played. I’m sure butler has improved but so has Rolesville.

D. Currence might be the best WR in all of CMS and he missed week 1 vs Rolesville. They were also missing starting RG and I believe other players as well. Butler’s personnel looks a lot different than week 1, not sure about Rolesville. On top of that there were definitely some iffy things going on with the clock at that game, is that a consistent issue at the stadium at Rolesville or was that a one time thing?

D. Currence might be the best WR in all of CMS and he missed week 1 vs Rolesville. They were also missing starting RG and I believe other players as well. Butler’s personnel looks a lot different than week 1, not sure about Rolesville. On top of that there were definitely some iffy things going on with the clock at that game, is that a consistent issue at the stadium at Rolesville or was that a one time thing?
I just don’t get the argument. They are not going to play each other again unless they meet in the championship game. Rolesville beat them on the field. Thats that. If they meet in the championship game then let the talk begin.

Reactions: ecu424
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT