ADVERTISEMENT

Simmons Ratings - Week 1

Murphy and Mitchell are jokes this year ,toughest 1a Tarboro and east Surry ,Murphy 17 beat East ,but wouldn't have last year ,lucky as hell you are small ,better hope you go small again ,this East team is not the teams of the past ,stick to small 1a were u will compete ,I've saw Cherokee and Murphy last couple years in 1a ,you would get run off the field with these two schools .
Oh did you change your name,.

I believe Charlotte Catholic is the only other. Regardless what you might think of CC, continuing to win as the school has gone up in classification seems a much more impressive feat than Tarboro winning championships on the way down.

High Point Andrews has won titles at the 4A, 3A and 2A level.

Thomasville won a WNCHSAA title as a 3A sized school in 64. Depends on who you are if you count it or not. They also won 2A and 1A titles.

You repeated my point. Do you want a cookie. Point being I dont care if you won a 2a title if you was 2a. Thats no more impressive than a 1a school winning 1a, so why puff your chest out. 3a back in the day wasn't the same size as 3a now.
Mountie, did you hear of the big time pick ups TJA got at football. I guess those were XC kids that just decided to try football. After all you said no body goes to TJ for football. You sir are and idiot.

No I haven't heard of these big time transfers at TJ. Who are they? Where did they transfer from?

Honest question that I really do not know the answer to:

How many schools have a state title in 3 or more classifications?

Don’t care what anyone says that is impressive.

Go Mountaineers
well...Reidsville is not a 1A school but going back to 1930 (and since that time)..Reidsville has won state titles in Class B ,Class A. Class 2A, Class 3A, and since 2002, titles in 2A and 2AA...(20 in all)…………………………………………..

Lol, I listened to all the hype last year from these ES fans and we’re going to hear it again this yr. If they’re not winning the ship in football they’re winning it in girls basketball. No one else stands a chance! Lol. Fail and ( wait for it) FAIL! They act like they are the top dog of their conference when we ALL know that Mtn Airy holds that crown.( besides the recruiting boys basketball teams) Beat Watauga. Lol. Beat Murphy. Lol. Running clock. Lol. No one buys this crap!

High Point Andrews has won titles at the 4A, 3A and 2A level.

Thomasville won a WNCHSAA title as a 3A sized school in 64. Depends on who you are if you count it or not. They also won 2A and 1A titles.

well...Reidsville is not a 1A school but going back to 1930 (and since that time)..Reidsville has won state titles in Class B ,Class A. Class 2A, Class 3A, and since 2002, titles in 2A and 2AA...(20 in all)…………………………………………..

If Tarboro is in the same conversation as Catholic, Thomasville, Andrews and Reidsville, I would consider that rarefied air. Thanks for the input guys!

Lol, I listened to all the hype last year from these ES fans and we’re going to hear it again this yr. If they’re not winning the ship in football they’re winning it in girls basketball. No one else stands a chance! Lol. Fail and ( wait for it) FAIL! They act like they are the top dog of their conference when we ALL know that Mtn Airy holds that crown.( besides the recruiting boys basketball teams) Beat Watauga. Lol. Beat Murphy. Lol. Running clock. Lol. No one buys this crap!
You beat mt airy in surry county your tail has won the superbowl

With ES numbers they will never be down in 1A unless they send a couple hundred more kids up to millennium charter
Couple hundred more? Millennium charter does not have 100 total students in their high school pulling from all over not sure what your talking about at all here? Lol

Dang boys and gals, until proven other wise last yrs champs have the bragging rights! But as many have found out the hard way the SMC isn’t a joke. Can anyone tell me which 1A conference one both titles in any season? Oh excuse me if I have think back when we had a SMC 1 and 2 A schools winning titles?

Couple hundred more? Millennium charter does not have 100 total students in their high school pulling from all over not sure what your talking about at all here? Lol
They are growing fast because they are a K-12 school now with around 10 different sports played with future plans for football. Take a coach like Kelly Holder taking a football coaching job there, a football team would grow even faster. Just a thought. I heard 2 years ago they were already getting the land for a football stadium. You're probably right on 100 total students in their high school, but growing.
https://mcalions.teamapp.com/teams

Well you all will see. Keep judging ES off the past.
What else can we judge them from ? The future hasn’t happened yet , we don’t have Krystal balls in Graham co. Just a bunch of championship rings. Drop by sometime we’ll show you one since you guys have never seen one. Enough already w this ES crap ! They are great, wonderful the best ever they will score 2000 pts this year give up 6. We get it. People stop replying they may stop posting

Reactions: Gentle Knight
They are growing fast because they are a K-12 school now with around 10 different sports played with future plans for football. Take a coach like Kelly Holder taking a football coaching job there, a football team would grow even faster. Just a thought. I heard 2 years ago they were already getting the land for a football stadium. You're probably right on 100 total students in their high school, but growing.
https://mcalions.teamapp.com/teams
The 200 was sarcasm but they didnt get it. That is the only way they will get to play Murphy and Mitchell.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
True but they can get matched up with the hard-hitting Swain and get their top 2 or 3 players put out for the season like what happened to Mount Airy last year ! Of coarse Reidsville may take care of that.
Keep dreaming boys, y’all just know injuries are the only chance you have of touching the Cards this year!!!

Keep dreaming boys, y’all just know injuries are the only chance you have of touching the Cards this year!!!
And the same went for Mount Airy last year but you ES fans kept saying losing 3 of our best starters made no difference. Now, which way do you want it ? Losing 3 best starters to Swain Hurts or losing your best starters don't hurt a team as a few East Surry fans were claiming last year ? And you ESODcards was the leader of that pack .......

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinFromSwain
And the same went for Mount Airy last year but you ES fans kept saying losing 3 of our best starters made no difference. Now, which way do you want it ? Losing 3 best starters to Swain Hurts or losing your best starters don't hurt a team as a few East Surry fans were claiming last year ? And you ESODcards was the leader of that pack .......
You lost 1 player and got beat by 40? The first time when you were fully healthy you won in a 1 score game. The game this year will be a 50 point game even if you could take out a player of your choice from Easts team!! LOL

You lost 1 player and got beat by 40? The first time when you were fully healthy you won in a 1 score game. The game this year will be a 50 point game even if you could take out a player of your choice from Easts team!! LOL
No, it was either 2 or 3 that did not play ES the next week and one was D-1 Donavon Greene all top starters.
Greene recruited by 8 major colleges was one of the 2 or 3 out .That one alone was a huge loss and the other 1 or 2 were top starters.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/232063/donavon-greene

Last edited:
In the championship game, Boaz went down with an injury in the 4th Quarter already down 36-10. We heard moaning and groaning from you folks even though the Cardinal offense with Boaz at the controls put up three points through three quarters. At that rate, he would have needed an additional 12 games to get to 50 points. So I agree with you. Losing one guy doesn't really make that big a difference.

No, it was either 2 or 3 that did not play ES the next week and one was D-1 Donavon Greene all top starters.
Greene recruited by 8 major colleges was one of the 2 or 3 out .That one alone was a huge loss and the other 1 or 2 were top starters.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/232063/donavon-greene
This statement is false I watched both games and the only player that did not play in the second game was Greene yes he’s a big blow but not a 40 point difference!! Smith was the other Bear reported to be hurt but he did play. No other difference maker missed that game if they did please enlighten me as to who!

In the championship game, Boaz went down with an injury in the 4th Quarter already down 36-10. We heard moaning and groaning from you folks even though the Cardinal offense with Boaz at the controls put up three points through three quarters. At that rate, he would have needed an additional 12 games to get to 50 points. So I agree with you. Losing one guy doesn't really make that big a difference.
I don’t remember any moaning and groaning about Boaz injury, it would have made 0 difference in that game last year!

Esod is 100 percent correct ,Greene was only one who did not play ,smith played most of the game but did go out .I don't wanna get into a pissing contest with mr howerinjr but moaning and groaning ,what are you talking about ,I will tell you this ,I was there at the state game and plainly East got beat ,but what sticks in my head from that game the most ,is watching boaz warming up and listening to Tarboro fans or parents cuss and holler at boaz ,so in my opinion of every game I watched all year long ,as much pre game talk as there was going on ,there was a lot of respect shown up here in the northwest .I don't blame the kids ,but that fan base really made themselves look like fools down there.

Back to the first meeting Mt airy did win ,and not all calls are always made ,but calls made in that game were horrible ,one pass from ma qb bounced off the ground up into the receivers hands for a return touchdown ,Greene played in that game and was shut out by Stephen gosnell .Bears were fully staffed in that game ,and barely took that win .East definitely had the edge last year ,I think maybe if ma had holder at qb they would have been better than east last season .

I have a picture of that bounced pass off the ground ,with the ref standing 10 yards looking dead at it lol! Only explanation anyone can come up with is the ref was thinking it was a ground ball to short .maybe thinking he was still in baseball season lol! East last season was called a lot offsides ,false start continuously ,and rightfully so ,but that was no doubt the worst call I ever saw.

Glad to see you on here ESOD you are definitely correct with the info you give on here ,but we will never get them to believe lol! They still think DGreene would have made that 40 point difference ,in the end it doesn't matter ,neither ma or us sealed the deal ,I think this year it's best to let Tarboro fans overlook East !

I don’t remember any moaning and groaning about Boaz injury, it would have made 0 difference in that game last year!
It happened in the game thread year, but you had gone radio silent at that point. How could you have known?

This statement is false I watched both games and the only player that did not play in the second game was Greene yes he’s a big blow but not a 40 point difference!! Smith was the other Bear reported to be hurt but he did play. No other difference maker missed that game if they did please enlighten me as to who!
I was not at the game but remember MA posters posting 3 hurt players may not play Friday night. Maybe it was Greene and Smith and 1 more and Smith played but not at 100%. There was talk all week about 3 hurt players and not sure if any could play. That is what I remember. So maybe if some MA supporters were posting maybe they will tell us how this ended.

Last edited:
It happened in the game thread year, but you had gone radio silent at that point. How could you have known?
I’m not sure what they were getting at our offense was stagnant all day long. East kept it close for a half but didn’t have the depth nor halftime adjustments to make it a game in the second half and got blistered for it bottom line.

Greene was out. Smith ws at 50pct at best and should not have played. Also had one lineman that was questionable and would not jave played if it was a regular season game. Let it go. Would love to have seen both teams at 100pct but didn't happen. East was best team on the field in playoff game

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Greene was out. Smith ws at 50pct at best and should not have played. Also had one lineman that was questionable and would not jave played if it was a regular season game. Let it go. Would love to have seen both teams at 100pct but didn't happen. East was best team on the field in playoff game
Thank you ! My reply in post #140 which shows just above the reply button is what restarted this. Have to read my answer to what ESODcard to see why it restarted plus several posts after #140.... I saw it as saying losing a player was the only way they could get beat. Enough said ! ! !

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT