ADVERTISEMENT

Simmons Ratings - Bracket Projections

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I have my playoff bracket projections up now, along with all the other stuff I always do - power rankings, scoreboard, game predictions, consecutive streaks.

Due to family obligations this weekend, I will be tied up and not be very available to answer questions about the brackets this year. I will make some adjustments to them tonight once games are played. The current brackets are based on my game predictions for tonight, but some are bound to be wrong. I also need some tiebreaker info in certain conferences and am just making my best guess. This is a new system once again this year, so I hope I am doing things correctly. If you see an error, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.simmonsratings.com/hsfootball.htm

I have my playoff bracket projections up now, along with all the other stuff I always do - power rankings, scoreboard, game predictions, consecutive streaks.

Due to family obligations this weekend, I will be tied up and not be very available to answer questions about the brackets this year. I will make some adjustments to them tonight once games are played. The current brackets are based on my game predictions for tonight, but some are bound to be wrong. I also need some tiebreaker info in certain conferences and am just making my best guess. This is a new system once again this year, so I hope I am doing things correctly. If you see an error, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.simmonsratings.com/hsfootball.htm

I am assuming you believe the Adjusted Maxpreps rankings will change again as currently Mallard Creek is .9 points behind Richmond for the top seed in the West. I think it will as well, but I am not sure it will make up the .9 points.

I hope so #1 seed will have Hough and Vance back to back will be hell.
Yep. That would be welcome to the I-Meck Conference. Mallard Creek might make the jump with that win over 8-2 Mooresville. But, we'll see. It'll be interesting regardless.

@Nep maybe the STARS finally line up this year and Mallard Creek can finally add Richmond to there Resume; my fingers are cross but both teams would have to bring there A game the next couple of weeks...... Good luck to everyone in the playoffs watch out for Scotland Co. Smiley is starting to look healthy.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
@Nep maybe the STARS finally line up this year and Mallard Creek can finally add Richmond to there Resume; my fingers are cross but both teams would have to bring there A game the next couple of weeks...... Good luck to everyone in the playoffs watch out for Scotland Co. Smiley is starting to look healthy.

Got to look at the next opponent. Prematurely looking at possible games, will get you home early. Should be a very interesting playoffs.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
@nepsy7 thats true but did you miss this part “my fingers are cross but both teams would have to bring there A game the next couple of weeks”. Also I am not the person that has to play on Friday nights; trust me the coaches will have them focus week to week; possible W. Forsyth 2nd Round game should be an awesome game.

Last edited:
@nepsy7 thats true but did you miss this part “my fingers are cross but both teams would have to bring there A game the next couple of weeks”. Also I am not the person that has to play on Friday nights; trust me the coaches will have them focus week to week; possible W. Forsyth 2nd Round game should be a awesome game.

Gotcha!

I would like it if for no other reason it would be a different looking uniform to play. Beat Hough, Vance and Butler and your reward is playing Hough, Vance and Butler....AGAIN. Boring

I would like it if for no other reason it would be a different looking uniform to play. Beat Hough, Vance and Butler and your reward is playing Hough, Vance and Butler....AGAIN. Boring

Another reason I would like to see the 4A playoffs at four rounds and at some point be a state wide bracket. I would be ok with round one through on may be the semifinal round be seed 1 and 2 play 4 and 3 regardless of location. That could be Charlotte school traveling to Raleigh and a far east school traveling to the other Charlotte school. I always thought of the playoffs as playing a team you had not matched up with that year or possibly never went against.

Reactions: dcov33
Nepsy7, I always notice you are always up early roaming this atmosphere. You wake up with the birds and at PT hours. You must work at a bakery.

Anyhow, I am curious how you feel about your program going west. Is it looking good or so-and-so?

Nepsy7, I always notice you are always up early roaming this atmosphere. You wake up with the birds and at PT hours. You must work at a bakery.

Anyhow, I am curious how you feel about your program going west. Is it looking good or so-and-so?

West is the only thing they know. Get ready for the 1st game healthy, and pull out the W. That's it!

Reactions: S2V2
West is the only thing they know. Get ready for the 1st game healthy, and pull out the W. That's it!
Execute
My shiort term goal for now Mr. Nepsy7 is to keep my eyes on the playoffs one game at a time.

My long term goal is to watch Them Magic Raiders and MC shake hands at mid field

I agree. They have proven themselves once against these teams. I hope they can see a different Uniform in the west bracket.

Just sitting here thinking about this. I've been guilty of calling people out for doing it too on here. Why do we say "You better worry about the team in front of you when talking about possible late round matchups?" I highly doubt that these coaches or players are focused on any other team besides the team in front of them considering its Win or Go Home. So, from here out if you want to talk about a MC v Richmond game go ahead. Just like I'm hoping for a East Forsyth v Page rematch.

Good luck to all the teams!!! This weather is awful. Hopefully teams can get out and prepare. This is definitely a week where field turf would help.

Just sitting here thinking about this. I've been guilty of calling people out for doing it too on here. Why do we say "You better worry about the team in front of you when talking about possible late round matchups?" I highly doubt that these coaches or players are focused on any other team besides the team in front of them considering its Win or Go Home. So, from here out if you want to talk about a MC v Richmond game go ahead. Just like I'm hoping for a East Forsyth v Page rematch.

Good luck to all the teams!!! This weather is awful. Hopefully teams can get out and prepare. This is definitely a week where field turf would help.

I agree. It’s easy as fans to think of match-ups, but it’s one game at a time. We need to focus on the next opponent. “Any given game” can be applied. Win or go home and its the next opponent that can send you packing. I think that’s the coaches job as we fans like to jump ahead sometimes. Laser focus on the next man/team up. Good luck to all.

I sure hope those manly words werent meant to be aimed at me as I currently feel as if i'm under a microscope.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT