HitmanT

Jul 25, 2007
Shelby's

Chavon Miller 19 sacks

Clay Huskey 18 sacks

Crest

Omar Brooks 17.5 sacks

Chris Willis 9 sacks

Those numbers speak for themselves. Chavon Miller didn't get near the recognition he deserved to be a 1st year starter on D-Line.
This post was edited on 12/15 2:03 PM by HitmanT

Against same competition during regular season and Shelby had a little tougher overall playoff road.

According to the Sherman brothers from Shelby:

Huskey 108 tackles, 16 sacks, 41 TFLs, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 Def TD, 1 blk PAT, 2 blk punts, 2 pass breakups

Miller 91 tackles, 16 sacks, 33 TFLs, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 Def TD, 4 blk punts, 3 pass breakups

The three DTs combined for the following (Borders/Clemmons/Terrill)
158 tackles, 3 sacks, 28 TFLs, 2 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 pass breakup

I just hate that Shelby had no players selected to the Shrine Bowl. We played against several teams that had players selected to the team, and I have to say that we had some deserving players.

George was the best QB Crest had seen all year...He'd got my vote.

Those were some impressive ends ...any have d1-offers
This post was edited on 1/24 7:27 PM by 2for3

Originally posted by 2for3:

Those were some impressive ends ...any have d1-offers
This post was edited on 1/24 7:27 PM by 2for3
Both of Shelby's ends were undersized. Huskey 5'11 200 and Miller about the same. Both looked like LB's on the defensive line. They were a handful for your average highschool tackles who tend to be heavy and not as athletic as those who are on the college level. I had heard Huskey was being looked at by Marshall but not sure how true it is. As far as the Crest guys go, Brooks I think was around 6'2 220 and I am not sure who may be looking at him but he would be a steal for someone.

Miller & Huskey are very much undersized. The majority of the kids who played in the secondary were bigger on the Shrine Bowl Team. Not good fits for the Shrine Bowl. You are going up aganist South Carolina's Best. Big difference from going up against a 6' 185 OL from a 2A program in a 6'5" 295 FBS guy. Their looking for more of a 6'4" 255lb DE Jonathan Bullard type from Crest. Miller might be 175 with his equipment on. Come on MAN!

Both are D2 Guys at best.
This post was edited on 1/26 12:19 PM by nepsy7

Originally posted by nepsy7:

Miller & Huskey are very much undersized. The majority of the kids who played in the secondary were bigger on the Shrine Bowl Team. Not good fits for the Shrine Bowl. You are going up aganist South Carolina's Best. Big difference from going up against a 6' 185 OL from a 2A program in a 6'5" 295 FBS guy. Their looking for more of a 6'4" 255lb DE Jonathan Bullard type from Crest. Miller might be 175 with his equipment on. Come on MAN!

Both are D2 Guys at best.

This post was edited on 1/26 12:19 PM by nepsy7
Both of Crest's offensive tackles were in the 6'3 260 range and Miller and Huskey were in their backfield quite frequently, but I see your point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT