ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville

Originally posted by rambbq:
You're right....we're sorry...always have been...lucky to make playoffs...never play anybody...........but you guys still have to travel here...sorry about that...we should concede and let you have the home game because we don;t deserve to mentioned in the same breath with Shelby....what in the world are we thinking??
Oh no no. Please don't do that! Shelby football plays much better on the road in the playoffs. I'm glad we are playing there.

Both of these teams are having storied seasons, the way I see it the winner of this game will most likely be your 2a state champion, both teams are fast, physical, and healthy, in my opinion this is the game of the year

Originally posted by No.1RamsFan:
Hammock actually doubles as a nose guard.

One of the fastest HS kids I had on one of my teams was a nose. So, I don't get where you are coming from on this statement. Are you saying that because he is also a nose that relates to him being slow? He is probably a nose because he is able to cover from sideline to sideline. Being quick enough not to get blocked is an attribute.
Once again, Hammock is not playing defense this season. He did play some on the DL a year ago but this year he's listed as a linebacker on the depth chart. He's been plenty busy on offense with 1500 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Lots of problems with reading comprehension on these boards sometimes.
smile.r191677.gif

Re: Shelby vs Reidsville
TheMule posted on 11/23/2014...
OK, I will post this for the third and final time.

Rams are healthy. Period. End of answers.

And? So, you're saying you would have been 46 points better last year barring injury. Every team is a little banged up this time of year. After Friday, you'll go in your hiatus just as you did after last year's beatdown.

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

That FG barely made it over last year! ;-)
Speaking of kickers, I've checked the progress of Luke Hayek, Shelby's outstanding kicker of a year ago (also a pretty good golfer), at Penn State. He hasn't seen any action but the Nittany Lions' great kicker this season is a senior so Luke will get his shot next year.

How is the Shelby kicking game this season?

TGT

In the infamous words of Cavalier Dave ... I just hope we can score.
11/23 7:23 PM | IP: Logged

I bet so, so you can claim that pathetic moral victory that some of you claimed last year, "At least we scored, our streak of scoring in every game we've played is alive."

I believe last year I posted before the game that Shelby should be a solid favorite.

I thought they were the best team in 2A last year and I believe they would have won the game even if the Rams had no injuries. And they had lots of them resulting in a game that was not competitive at all.

The major key to this year's game will be the matchup of Shelby's offensive line and the Reidsville defensive front. Whichever team wins that matchup wins the game.

No team in Reidsville's conference had a winning season . maybe that is what 98 was referring to ? Reidsville has not been remotely challenged since early season up until this coming Friday against Shelby . Shelby may win , Shelby may lose , but Shelby will be the best team Reidsville will play since early season . It is very hard to judge how far your team has progressed through the year playing weak teams , and that goes for any team . -------------------------- This will be a great game or it could be another blow out , but I will say Shelby by 21 !

I hope your QB and RB'S can handle the brutal punishment that is coming from our D !
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/23 10:00 PM by golden one

Originally posted by golden one:

No team in Reidsville's conference had a winning season . maybe that is what 98 was referring to ?
Yeah, but only one of them was winless.

Originally posted by TheMule:
I believe last year I posted before the game that Shelby should be a solid favorite.

I thought they were the best team in 2A last year and I believe they would have won the game even if the Rams had no injuries. And they had lots of them resulting in a game that was not competitive at all.

The major key to this year's game will be the matchup of Shelby's offensive line and the Reidsville defensive front. Whichever team wins that matchup wins the game.
Crest probably has the best Dline in the state over all classifications. We handled them pretty well. No worries about Reidsville's dline. (ps. Only one senior on this years Shelby oline. Looks like that is set for next year too.)

What's up LA?

Just trying to get a laugh there Golden one.

Looks like Shelby also got a good taste of conference cupcakes: Chase (1-10), Draughn (1-10), East Burke (3-8) and Burns (4-6). Total for bottom four: 9-34.

Records comparable to bottom four in Reidsville's conference: Bartlett Yancey (0-11), Carrboro (3-8), Jordan Matthews (3-8) and Graham (6-6). Total for bottom four: 12-35.

In the Simmons strength-of-schedule-O-Meter:
Shelby 16th toughest schedule, Reidsville 55th.
Top Western seed Black Mountain Owen checked in at 68th.

These haven't been updated since last Friday's games.

This post was edited on 11/23 10:24 PM by TGT

What really galls me and I guess you guys are doing it deliberately is the fact that most of you Shelby posters show and have never shown absolutely no respect to the Reidsville program...kinda weird...we certainly respect yours...I would tell you to f### off but I getting too old to talk that way...lol.............

That FG barely made it over last year!

Really. Does that mean anything? Either it goes over or it does not. Either you score or you don't.

bbq, agree let the game be decided on field between two traditional powers. I expect a highly competitive contest where a few miscues by either team will determine outcome. I am right there with you in age, and way past trash talking and BS.

I have seen what we have. The D is solid but we still have some issues on that offense, one being depth at RB. I still think we can pull it out, but I wouldn't base Reidsville program off one game last year. We're not the same team and neither are they.

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

Crest probably has the best Dline in the state over all classifications. We handled them pretty well. No worries about Reidsville's dline. (ps. Only one senior on this years Shelby oline. Looks like that is set for next year too.)

What's up LA?
Pretty well? We kicked two field goals.We played 2 good teams this year(which are both still playing)and lost to both.

What really galls me and I guess you guys are doing it deliberately is the fact that most of you Shelby posters show and have never shown absolutely no respect to the Reidsville program...kinda weird...we certainly respect yours...I would tell you to f### off but I getting too old to talk that way...lol.............
I have never done the above.. :)

Ill state again, we have to play a great all around game to beat Reidsville this season... Gonna be tough

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:

Ill state again, we have to play a great all around game to beat Reidsville this season... Gonna be tough
I believe only 1 or 2 have acted like that.99.9 percent of the Shelby posters,fans,players and coaches have nothing but respect for the Reidsville program which is one of the best in the state.

Shelby lion and SHS...Forgive my late nite rant...I know most of you guys aren't posting a lot of the stuff I've been reading///It's great to have confidence in your team and believe they are the best...but you can do that without slamming the opposition.

Last year's game (and I think a lot of Shelby folks believe this) was just a weird aberration and not reflective of the comp between these 2 schools....both won titles over the other..so they have that connection...Shelby may well come in here friday nite and hand us our heads again...I just have thoughts that it won't be as easy as some Shelby posters assume

anway...safe travels to all.......

BTW for what it's worth.......calpreps.com has Shelby winning 31-30..........

Alot of Shelby and Crest posters like to type as if they're out there playing on the field.

Gotta love the big belly arm chair quarterbacks with doing their virtual vicarious best to have their team win online
as if it somehow translates on to the field.

Rambbq, you confuse confidence w/ disrespect. Reidsville is a great program indeed, a real football factory, and so are we. The best at the top will always clash, periodically. The respect is mutual. It's just some of us are just simply more confident than others. Having said this, we all can't be SHS Lion.... sandbag, build up the opponent, while selling your own team short. I like him as a poster. He's humble and has a calmness about him, and I have met him face to face, real good guy, but it's one thing to respect and not overlook an opponent, but the constant, "We have yet to beat a good team", "We're not as good as last year", "Said opponent" will be the toughest team we've played besides Crest" is draining. Last Friday, Carver was the toughest besides Crest, but now it's, " They were surprisingly slow. Look at their schedule, they were in competitive games with really bad teams. They're not nearly as good as Reidsville will be." I'm thinking to myself, "How the hell does he know that?" "How come it couldn't have been the Shelby D that made Carver look like that, because they were indeed a good team?" Don't take this personal, SHS LION. Like 98 use to say and remind us fellow Lion alums of, "We don't eat our own." Just speaking my mind though. You're still the homie.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/24 11:02 AM by Lion Attack

'98 State Champion posted on 11/23/2014

I was alot more worried about them last year than I am this year. Our defense is just absolutely incredible.

Last season, Reidsville had the Williams kid at quarterback. He obviously didn't get to play this season and indications were that he'd play receiver, but he was a dynamic athlete at qb. He had a strong arm and was fast, producing over 1000 yards both rushing and throwing. You couldn't help going into that game and not noticing his stats. Athletic qbs put so much pressure on opposing defenses and opens up things offensively for other players. Willaims lacked other vital qb intangibles though, like leadership and remaining calm in adversity. He was a good athlete though.

This post was edited on 11/24 10:25 AM by Lion Attack

RJ must play at an elite level like he has before, and like he's very much capable of doing. Our offensive line has been much maligned all season, but he sure could help them by not holding the ball for too long and looking to instantly scramble, at times, immediately into pressure. The O line has been criticized unfairly, in my opinion. We have have a 2000+ yard passer in RJ, a runningback in Chad Reid, who has about 1600 yards from scrimmage, both rushing and receiving yards, and a sophomore receiver in Jayden Borders, who is about 80 yards away from becoming the first player in SHS history to record a 1000 yards receiving in a season. How bad can our line really be? Kudos to those guys.
This post was edited on 11/24 10:20 AM by Lion Attack

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
RJ must play at an elite level like he has before, and like he's very much capable of doing. Our offensive line has been much maligned all season, but he sure could help them by not holding the ball for too long and looking to instantly scramble, at times, immediately into pressure. The O line has been criticized unfairly, in my opinion. We have have a 2000+ yard passer in RJ, a runningback in Chad Reid, who has about 1600 yards from scrimmage, both rushing and receiving yards, and a sophomore receiver in Jayden Borders, who is about 80 yards away from becoming the first player in SHS history to record a 1000 yards receiving in a season. How bad can our line really be? Kudos to those guys.

This post was edited on 11/24 10:20 AM by Lion Attack
Rat I thought went over a 1000 with Bat Mike?

You guys who don't like to read what the haters and flamethrowers post do have an option.

Just click the "ignore" button and let them rant to themselves.

It works for me.
smile.r191677.gif

I have seen Reidsville play every game this year including all scrimmages. I just finished watching the entire Shelby v Crest game and Shelby v Carver...Both Reidsville and Shelby appear to me to be evenly matched. I will give a slight edge to Reidsville OLine over Shelby, But Shelby Dline is nice...this game will be determined by which dline gets pressure on the QB..that being said its a toss up in my opinion..

You guys who don't like to read what the haters and flamethrowers post do have an option.

Just click the "ignore" button and let them rant to themselves.

It works for me.
smile.r191677.gif
It has worked for me for a couple of years.

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said

We can't have those special teams mistakes against Shelby like we did against Polk. Also special teams pretty much cost us the Northern game, so this is a area of concern.

LOL you guys will score and often......your guys are battled tested......your losses came against very strong teams in higher classifications sure our conference was not the stronger ones of the past but the RAMS are just as strong as the Rams teams of the past best of luck to both teams and fans as they travel to THE REAL FOOTBALL CAPITAL OF NORTH CAROLINA as Recognized by the State of NORTH CAROLINA.......Also regardless of the final score both teams have to be very proud of the fact that they have advanced this far........both teams have great fans...I call many Golden Lions fans my friends and same goes to the RAMS .......To practice on Thanksgiving Day is a feeling not many teams EVER get to enjoy......even just a walk thru it is a feeling you never forget......been involved with at least 10 Turkey Day practices and again not all had happy ending......the ones that did have always will be embedded in my thoughts and I cherish them as some of my best days as Cavalier Dave.....the kid that you watch grow up as young kids that go on to Div.1......then on to the pros ......and they give back to the community.......now that is what it is all about..... have no dog in fight but hope no injuries occur and the game is called fairly for both teams and let the best team win........THE FORMER Cavalier Dave

What's "the former" supposed to mean. You'll always be Cavalier Dave.

well with my work schedule I did not attend any Cummings games this year and just have no been evolved with the school at all......only got to attend 2 games last year......new folks at Cummings don't even know who Cavalier Dave is or was......all good things always come to a end I can live with that........I will donate my six state championship rings to the school to put in the trophy case ....... but will pop up on here every now and then..................Dave

Dave you will always be synonmous with Burlington Cummings basketball and football...someone needs to educate that current administration....lol..............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT