ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville who wins?

Til next yr I’m out (maybe) everyone have a great Christmas and happy new year. Let’s go win one now in basketball go RAMS

We would all love to see another Shelby / Reidsville matchup but it is probably not happening anytime soon....

Ill say this

Looking at both teams at the warmups I said to myself Reidsville overall looked a little small compared to all those monsters over there on the Northeastern side... The Eagles on the first drive of the game pounded the ball and moved it down the field just running right at the Ram defense.. But then those "smaller" Reidsville defenders bowed up and played lights out I thought the rest of the game... Very quick defense

Northeastern with all that size and some speed I thought theyd give the rams fits, defensively they just stacked all 11 in the box most of the night.. I told one of those very nice Reidsville fellas the same thing and kept saying the slant was open all night long..I dont recall Teague ever attempting one... A couple bombs that were a little long... I get what the Eagles were trying to do, overwhelm the smaller front of the rams offensive line, but it just didnt work and I thought the Rams could have taken more shots but just didnt...

Pinnix and 9 were impressive.. 9 was just running that rock into the teeth of the defense fighting for every single yard, hard runner... 31 all 5'5 of him in the H back spot was trying to help block that monster Freshwater , whos name I heard it seemed 50 times...

Bottom line is Shelby shut out their opponent, broke the record of the least amount of yardage given up since the "neutral site" began and Reidsville also shut out their opponent... Both defenses played outstanding... Both offenses I thought didnt play their best, but both were up against two pretty dang good defenses themselves...

It was a great day as me and my son got to spend a great day watching all these "KIDS" play this game... Made a bunch of memories.. He got bored and began wandering about the stadium taking pics where I thought "how did he get up there" but I knew it was an overall great day when we got to around Clemmons and I hear him snoring over there beside me.... ha ha ha

great day for both teams... Congrats to all the title winners and also the teams that were there playing for it all...

Good to see all my Shelby brethren even got ole Dynasty to give me a smile and a wave , and meet up again with some ole pals from reidsville and meet some new ones as well....

We all have our opinion on who would win between the two, but until we meet on the final day, its just opinion and we are all, even Dynasty , allowed to have our opinion on how it would shake out
Great post. Congratulations to Shelby.

We would all love to see another Shelby / Reidsville matchup but it is probably not happening anytime soon....

Ill say this

Looking at both teams at the warmups I said to myself Reidsville overall looked a little small compared to all those monsters over there on the Northeastern side... The Eagles on the first drive of the game pounded the ball and moved it down the field just running right at the Ram defense.. But then those "smaller" Reidsville defenders bowed up and played lights out I thought the rest of the game... Very quick defense

Northeastern with all that size and some speed I thought theyd give the rams fits, defensively they just stacked all 11 in the box most of the night.. I told one of those very nice Reidsville fellas the same thing and kept saying the slant was open all night long..I dont recall Teague ever attempting one... A couple bombs that were a little long... I get what the Eagles were trying to do, overwhelm the smaller front of the rams offensive line, but it just didnt work and I thought the Rams could have taken more shots but just didnt...

Pinnix and 9 were impressive.. 9 was just running that rock into the teeth of the defense fighting for every single yard, hard runner... 31 all 5'5 of him in the H back spot was trying to help block that monster Freshwater , whos name I heard it seemed 50 times...

Bottom line is Shelby shut out their opponent, broke the record of the least amount of yardage given up since the "neutral site" began and Reidsville also shut out their opponent... Both defenses played outstanding... Both offenses I thought didnt play their best, but both were up against two pretty dang good defenses themselves...

It was a great day as me and my son got to spend a great day watching all these "KIDS" play this game... Made a bunch of memories.. He got bored and began wandering about the stadium taking pics where I thought "how did he get up there" but I knew it was an overall great day when we got to around Clemmons and I hear him snoring over there beside me.... ha ha ha

great day for both teams... Congrats to all the title winners and also the teams that were there playing for it all...

Good to see all my Shelby brethren even got ole Dynasty to give me a smile and a wave , and meet up again with some ole pals from reidsville and meet some new ones as well....

We all have our opinion on who would win between the two, but until we meet on the final day, its just opinion and we are all, even Dynasty , allowed to have our opinion on how it would shake out

Dang man... That was you sitting up at the top row? I / we have never officially met you. I wish you would have said something. It would have been nice to talk. I'm sure dad would have loved to have met you. He actually said to me who is that? I said I'm not really sure... LOL. The Other Two Fellas sitting with us we're two of my uncles....dad's brothers. One was the quarterback of the 70 and 71 teams . The other was a wide receiver on the 79 team who should have won it all. Oh well maybe next year.

Good post!

And yes, I stated my opinion. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. When you immediately jump all over someone for their opinion it shows you know their probably right.

Ill say this

I cant say enough how fun yesterday was, seeing goob, ottis, lion attack, and watching our game with shelby lion and talked all bw the 2 games. I was surprised at our game plan, but Teague knows what hes doing as he always has even in defeat. I try not to question him. Even when i played if i did do that he would set me straight real fast. Both schools be thankful for what we are witnessing because nothing last forever. But man I sure hope it does.

Til next yr I’m out (maybe) everyone have a great Christmas and happy new year. Let’s go win one now in basketball go RAMS
Shelby would kill Reidsville in basketball.LOL I guess we need to start a new thread on basketball board.Anyway Merry Christmas to the Reidsville posters and congrats to both teams.

I think it would be a good game. I've said all year I thought Shelby and Reidsville were the top 2 teams in the state. I felt the same last year as well. I think we could have more opportunities to pass more, I think teague was weary of their pass rush. Which is the best in 2a.

Shelby would kill Reidsville in basketball.LOL I guess we need to start a new thread on basketball board.Anyway Merry Christmas to the Reidsville posters and congrats to both teams.

Maybe we can see each other in the state championship. We all believe we have a chance to win it this year.

Well actually this may happen sooner than later... Listening to the commissioner over NCHSAA she mentioned adding a 5th classification with taking the top 32 teams in each class (16 East,16 West) which might cut down long traveling in the playoffs and no bye weeks...that would possibly put Reidsville back on east side but also possibly lower them to 1a with Tarboro,SWO,WRH...to me this would just make better games all the way around because only the ones who deserve to get in do...bigger money at gates also...also means need to play to win every game

Reidsville would beat Shelby this year...wasn't impressed with Shelby at all...if Salisbury had even an average offense they could have made a game of it...but their offense was just plain bad...Reidsville might have only scored 14 points but shut out a NE team that at least had a resemblance of an offense

Last edited:

Some of those opinions could be a little more respectful and classy, like yours was. It's fun to talk trash about schedules and all that jazz, but to be downright disrespectful to the KIDS that put it all on the line every week for us older folk is a little on the trashy side if you ask me.

Some of those opinions could be a little more respectful and classy, like yours was. It's fun to talk trash about schedules and all that jazz, but to be downright disrespectful to the KIDS that put it all on the line every week for us older folk is a little on the trashy side if you ask me.

And for that Pisgah fan, tell Pisgah to call up Reidsville.

And for that Pisgah fan, tell Pisgah to call up Reidsville.
What are you talking about? Lol. I was talking about Reidsville and Shelby on a Reidsville and Shelby thread, you imbocele. Don't get butthurt because Shelby would beat you like a red-headed stepchild. And, I never ever mentioned Pisgah once at all, nor do I very often because I am not delusional. Just for the record, Reidsville would have beat Pisgah by about 56 this year, but that's completely irrelevant to anything. You won the state championship less than 24 hours ago and you're telling a fan of a team with a 2nd round exit to call you! I would laugh but that's about the level of competition that Reidsville likes to usually schedule, so I probably shouldn't laugh too hard because it might come true! Hahaha. But, since you brought up Pisgah, you'd get to experience a nice football atmosphere because we draw a better crowd in a down year than y'all do every year when you win it all in little 2-A.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Lol. I was talking about Reidsville and Shelby on a Reidsville and Shelby thread, you imbocele. Don't get butthurt because Shelby would beat you like a red-headed stepchild. And, I never ever mentioned Pisgah once at all, nor do I very often because I am not delusional. Just for the record, Reidsville would have beat Pisgah by about 56 this year, but that's completely irrelevant to anything. You won the state championship less than 24 hours ago and you're telling a fan of a team with a 2nd round exit to call you! I would laugh but that's about the level of competition that Reidsville likes to usually schedule, so I probably shouldn't laugh too hard because it might come true! Hahaha. But, since you brought up Pisgah, you'd get to experience a nice football atmosphere because we draw a better crowd in a down year than y'all do every year when you win it all in little 2-A.

I have a bachelors degree from the University North Carolina Charlotte. I'm getting my masters from Winston Salem Sta, so I'm no idiot.
Its a forum, I'm just talking junk never called you any names.

I actually think Shelby and Reidsville would have been some battles from 2016 to now.

I would rather play Pisgah than High Point Central. I'm sure you also have no idea about our crowd also.

I didn't mean to offend ya man, just messing with ya! I also have a bachelor's degree... from WCU, where I happened to play for a few years as well. This is all in good fun, and I'm sorry for the name calling bro! Apologies. I'm currently pursuing my masters also.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
31 all 5'5 of him in the H back spot was trying to help block that monster Freshwater , whos name I heard it seemed 50 times...
Funny that that No. 31 of Reidsville was called for blocking below the waist on an interior run. If he was blocking one of those big ol' Elizabeth City linemen, his only choice was blocking below the waist. No. 31 may be listed at 5-5 but that's a stretch. He's a gamer for sure and one of the strongest players on the team.

Reactions: Rammer16
Funny that that No. 31 of Reidsville was called for blocking below the waist on an interior run. If he was blocking one of those big ol' Elizabeth City linemen, his only choice was blocking below the waist. No. 31 may be listed at 5-5 but that's a stretch. He's a gamer for sure and one of the strongest players on the team.

That was also the consensus along the top row when that penalty was announced.

The biggest laugh of the game came when NE was flagged for an illegal man downfield given the fact the Rams had 3 or 4 of those a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: Rammer16
This year Shelby would beat Reidsville 41-7. The game would be closer than the score(like Burns). Shelby is stronger in the trenches with more athletes and a deeper bench.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
This year Shelby would beat Reidsville 41-7. The game would be closer than the score(like Burns). Shelby is stronger in the trenches with more athletes and a deeper bench.

Agree. No one played both ways. WR #6 would come in occasionally as a safety but only a few times per game. We rotate 8 guys on the DL. Different DL every series... always fresh. My opinion again but I'm thinking probably 42-0. Burn's Pryor was the only one who could run on us this year. He put around 150 on us each game but only scored 1 time in each game. The same back that put 413 on hibritten. Funny watching the Shelby game on tv yesterday. Announcer said "Everyone in this stadium knows Salisbury can run the ball." They did...backwards. -6 rushing yards.

Heard from a local AD this is what's coming....he may have even said they've already voted on it but I can't remember....he saidit's definitely coming...

1A
2A subdivided
3A subdivided
4A subdivided
5A

So there will still be 8 championships.

Heard from a local AD this is what's coming....he may have even said they've already voted on it but I can't remember....he saidit's definitely coming...

1A
2A subdivided
3A subdivided
4A subdivided
5A

So there will still be 8 championships.

The original article I read months ago mentioned this scenario. I don’t know why there has been so much chatter about less champions.

Reactions: Chopper747
Agree. No one played both ways. WR #6 would come in occasionally as a safety but only a few times per game. We rotate 8 guys on the DL. Different DL every series... always fresh. My opinion again but I'm thinking probably 42-0. Burn's Pryor was the only one who could run on us this year. He put around 150 on us each game but only scored 1 time in each game. The same back that put 413 on hibritten. Funny watching the Shelby game on tv yesterday. Announcer said "Everyone in this stadium knows Salisbury can run the ball." They did...backwards. -6 rushing yards.

I doubt it would be that bad. I think we would have some battles between 2016- and now. Even next year I think it would be a battle. Really I think we get that 2013 game held against us

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT