ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville home-and-home. Why not?

I suspect Reidsville has way more balls than Mtn Heritage who tried to duck Shelby. Imagine a 2A school trying to duck another 2A school. Clearly not the same category as Shelby dodging Vance.

We didn't dodge Vance. According to sf1, Wilbanks said when he took the reigns he contacted Vance but the date had been taken.

We watched the Vance game when we got home. I think we would have given them a hell of a game. Possibly won but gotten beat up in the process. Vance's defense is lights out but they don't really have an offense. Would have been a really fun game.

But again....you have to liking it to Mayweather beating Lennox Lewis....2A versus 4A.

Shelby vs 2a or 3a champion in South Carolina.

Would make for a nice matchup and closer than the mountain schools and just as close as Meck County.:D
No incentive to *cough*dodge*cough* decline the matchup

Reactions: seadog28
If Reidsville played Shelby in the regular season, Shelby would find someway to count Reidsville players and fans towards their ADMs and avoid them in the playoffs.

Reactions: Chopper747
How about a Shelby vs Chapman S.C. game?....I watched the Panthers stomp a mudhole in Dillon this year in the S.C. title game, and Chapman seems to be the team with the mojo right now with a lot of returning players for 2020......

It wouldn’t have been much of a game this year, in my opinion. We would have blown Reidsville off the field. They just scored 24 points and 14 points vs Brevard and Northeastern, respectively. What the hell were they going to do against our defense, the best defense in all of 2A, and a high powered offense that was guaranteed to score points against anyone. Even in a so called off game, offensively, vs Salisbury, we still put up close to 400 yards of total offense and scored 34 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: seadog28
‘14 wasn’t much of a game, either, only in score. You guys did nothing, offensively, and never posed any threat whatsoever.

It was a 14-7 game late in the 4th quarter if I remember. That interception sealed it to make it 17-7. Our defense was really good in 2014. But our offense was just pretty good, The Qb was more of an athlete. I didn't really expect Reidsville to beat Shelby in either 2013 or 2014. I knew 2014 would be close. The 2016 to current Reidsville teams are better. The time Reidsville and Shelby really should have played was 2016 that would have been a monster. 2017 and 2018 games would have been close to me.

We played really conservative vs Northeastern, I think coach was nervous about Northeasterns d line, the announcers were shocked we didn't pass more.

Last edited:
Much more to gain than that. I think you guys just think about that 2013 game too much.
It’s human nature to want your team to avenge a loss, that’s why you have mentioned in a couple of threads, you looking forward to a rematch with East Surry. That’s what made our run of championships sweet, a couple of the victories were against teams who beat us in our last meetings with them, SWO and Clinton.

Last edited:
It was a 14-7 game late in the 4th quarter if I remember. That interception sealed it to make it 17-7. Our defense was really good in 2014. But our offense was just pretty good, The Qb was more of an athlete. I didn't really expect Reidsville to beat Shelby in either 2013 or 2014. I knew 2014 would be close. The 2016 to current Reidsville teams are better. The time Reidsville and Shelby really should have played was 2016 that would have been a monster. 2017 and 2018 games would have been close to me.

We played really conservative vs Northeastern, I think coach was nervous about Northeasterns d line, the announcers were shocked we didn't pass more.

Rams would have beaten Shelby by 14 in 2016. This year, Shelby would be favored by 14 points easily.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
It’s human nature to want your team to avenge a loss, that’s why you have mentioned in a couple of threads, you looking forward to a rematch with East Surry. That’s what made our run of championships sweet, a couple of the victories were against teams who beat us in our last meetings with them, SWO and Clinton.

Unfortunately though I don't think it will be that close next year vs them. They still have younger Gosnell and Washington who both have d1 offers. East Surry will still be good, but don't think they can match what we have back.

I still don't see anyone in 2aa being able to beat Shelby next season.

Rams would have beaten Shelby by 14 in 2016. This year, Shelby would be favored by 14 points easily.
Nah, the 2016 team was better than this current team. I was surprised to find out even better offensively, too, per stats provided by our stat guys on our football page. Your precious computer doesn’t favor you guys in any of those games, either. It’s no coincidence that you guys didn’t start back wining championships until 2016, after Shelby left. I’m seriously starting to think there’s a gap between 2A and 2AA, in the West anyway. Head to head, it would be an insurmountable lead in our favor, had we met those years, and all of this Shelby vs Reidsville talk as we know it wouldn’t exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
It wouldn’t have been much of a game this year, in my opinion. We would have blown Reidsville off the field. They just scored 24 points and 14 points vs Brevard and Northeastern, respectively. What the hell were they going to do against our defense, the best defense in all of 2A, and a high powered offense that was guaranteed to score points against anyone. Even in a so called off game off game, offensively, vs Salisbury, we still put up close to 400 yards of total offense, and scored 34 points.
You mean like Tarboro blew East Surry off the field?? ...Lol!! but hey, everybody's entitled to their opinion... don't mean we're right. So I gotta say I don't agree with your assessment at all. But it's all good.
LA, I really would like to end the year on a good note , so I apologize for the name calling. You know what I'm talking about. You can accept or not, that's up to you, but I'm man enough to admit what I said about the guys in Cleveland county was unnecessary. We all are passionate about our teams for sure... some times reading the stuff on here really brings out a bad side of me cause in my opinion, some take it to the point of disrespect. So those tasteless comments I made doesn't reflect the kind of person I am, or wanna be. Don't know what else to say. So I'm gonna sincerely wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

Nah, the 2016 team was better than this team current team. I was surprised to find out even better offensively, too, per stats provided by our stat guys on our football page. Your precious computer doesn’t favor you guys in any of those games, either. There’s no coincidence that you guys didn’t start back wining championships until 2016, after Shelby left. I’m seriously starting to think there’s a gap between 2A and 2AA, in the West anyway. Head to head, it would be an insurmountable lead in our favor, had we met those years, and all of this Shelby vs Reidsville talk as we know it wouldn’t exist.
since you brought up the computer....let's take it back to other years when Rams won it all.....Reidsville would;ve been favored in 2009, 2008, 2007 (which the game was actually played, Rams winning)....2005 (Shelby won on the field) and 2003 (Reidsville)......computer doesn't go back to 2002.....it's all apples and oranges...everyone has their opinion.....personally think there would've been some great matchups....an earlier poster mentioned to the 2013 game....a true ass whipping of Reidsville by Shelby....but you guys can't seriously base every season on that one game...even your diehard fans have to admit that was probably an aberration......................if not....then you're whistling past the graveyard.......................

Nah, the 2016 team was better than this team current team. I was surprised to find out even better offensively, too, per stats provided by our stat guys on our football page. Your precious computer doesn’t favor you guys in any of those games, either. There’s no coincidence that you guys didn’t start back wining championships until 2016, after Shelby left. I’m seriously starting to think there’s a gap between 2A and 2AA, in the West anyway. Head to head, it would be an insurmountable lead in our favor, had we met those years, and all of this Shelby vs Reidsville talk as we know it wouldn’t exist.

The biggest thing to help has been QB play, offense was lacking big-time. Then the flood gates opened, and the Rams are back on track.

The biggest thing to help has been QB play, offense was lacking big-time. Then the flood gates opened, and the Rams are back on track.

Those 2010-2015 teams had some holes. I think the 2011 team was the team that should have had a ring out of that bunch. Shoffner and williams were good Qb's we really needed williams in 2014. I think the biggest difference is the wr crew.

I wonder if this is the last spat between the flies and the dustmites for the year.

Anyone familiar with the eye test? Doesn't take much to see how these match-ups would pan out on the field. Granted anything can happen but I know where most knowledgeable football analysts would put there money.

As an old Coach once told me, one is scared and the other is glad of it.

It wouldn’t have been much of a game this year, in my opinion. We would have blown Reidsville off the field. They just scored 24 points and 14 points vs Brevard and Northeastern, respectively. What the hell were they going to do against our defense, the best defense in all of 2A, and a high powered offense that was guaranteed to score points against anyone. Even in a so called off game off game, offensively, vs Salisbury, we still put up close to 400 yards of total offense, and scored 34 points.

You are sneaky good, LA. The Rams are elite, no doubt. But, I’m betting that the Reidsville HS AD ignores 704 phone calls, not that Shelby is dialing.

This is fun, but you are all posing.

Last edited:
I’m predicting they will schedule a team like Carver in the near future, a former powerhouse, now a shell of its former self, a program whose name used to hold weight. Remember this prediction.

Last edited:
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
I’m predicting they will schedule a team like Carver in the near future, a former powerhouse, now a shell of its former self, a program whose name used to hold weight. Remember this prediction.

Like I said, “sneaky good”!

As a Shelby hater, not their fans who are awesome. They fear Rams and rattle their swords whille bowing up on a message board! My name is sea dog and I approve this message! :)

I’m not letting the Rams off the hook either. Like I said, one is afraid and the other is glad of it!

I suspect Reidsville has way more balls than Mtn Heritage who tried to duck Shelby. Imagine a 2A school trying to duck another 2A school. Clearly not the same category as Shelby dodging Vance.
How many times are you going to repeat this. I don't know if Shelby wanted to play us or not. But if what you say is true I'm sure it was because of the youth of our team this year . The truth is we lost all our starting oline and dlinemen to graduation besides one guard . We only had 12 seniors on a 44 man roster , 2019 was suppost to be a rebuilding year for us and it was, Also we already had Erwin, Brevard , Hendersonville, Pisgah, and Stuart Cramer in non confernce. The same Cramer team that in 2018 that beat Burns and lost to Kings mountain by 5 points . Coach Robinson is not afraid to play anybody but sometimes you have to pick your battles. I hate trying to defend something that I don't know happened . If Shelby did call and was turned down I can see why a good coach don't take a young team to Shelby right after playing Brevard and Erwin to get the hell beat out of them . What good does that do.when you have to travel to Stuart Cramer the next week then to one of our biggest rivals Hendersonville. Followed by going to Pisgah.
One more thing why would a powerhouse Shelby want to play a school over 200 students smaller than them.Why don't Shelby call Charlotte Catholic or even À l Brown so your team might get better.. Also I don't know what the problem Shelby fans have with Mountain Heritage none of use Heritage alums have nothing but respect for Shelby and have never tryed to belittle Shelby in anyway. Now saying all this if Shelby has an opening in 2020 and Heritage also needs a game it could happen, because the next 3 to 5 years Heritage will have the roster to play Shelby We here in Burnsville are starting to get more jobs. With the jobs comes more students this year's 629 students is the least we have ever had . Hoping the new jobs can get our numbers going in the positive direction.

How many times are you going to repeat this. I don't know if Shelby wanted to play us or not. But if what you say is true I'm sure it was because of the youth of our team this year . The truth is we lost all our starting oline and dlinemen to graduation besides one guard . We only had 12 seniors on a 44 man roster , 2019 was suppost to be a rebuilding year for us and it was, Also we already had Erwin, Brevard , Hendersonville, Pisgah, and Stuart Cramer in non confernce. The same Cramer team that in 2018 that beat Burns and lost to Kings mountain by 5 points . Coach Robinson is not afraid to play anybody but sometimes you have to pick your battles. I hate trying to defend something that I don't know happened . If Shelby did call and was turned down I can see why a good coach don't take a young team to Shelby right after playing Brevard and Erwin to get the hell beat out of them . What good does that do.when you have to travel to Stuart Cramer the next week then to one of our biggest rivals Hendersonville. Followed by going to Pisgah.
One more thing why would a powerhouse Shelby want to play a school over 200 students smaller than them.Why don't Shelby call Charlotte Catholic or even À l Brown so your team might get better.. Also I don't know what the problem Shelby fans have with Mountain Heritage none of use Heritage alums have nothing but respect for Shelby and have never tryed to belittle Shelby in anyway. Now saying all this if Shelby has an opening in 2020 and Heritage also needs a game it could happen, because the next 3 to 5 years Heritage will have the roster to play Shelby We here in Burnsville are starting to get more jobs. With the jobs comes more students this year's 629 students is the least we have ever had . Hoping the new jobs can get our numbers going in the positive direction.

Chopper is not a Shelby fan. I don't recall any Shelby fans belittling MH....no need to. We have no problem with MH.

Rams fans, glad you’re up and on the boards. LA is too, but he’s sneaky. Here’s the truth, and if you disagree, you’re wrong. Shelby dominates for a lot of reasons. Other than when they play us (SP), I will not disrespect them. But, they are not invincible.

Much like you, they win before they get off the bus. Screw that! A Ram versus Lion game would be one of the few games (my Mighty Red Raiders included) that the Lions don’t have a walk through and text their crew from the sidelines. Feel me?

As those Lions dodged us for years, they will dodge you too. But, what the Lions found out was that playing teams who compete makes sense.

Before you knuckleheads (Shelby fans) abuse me, you do play a reasonable schedule. But really? Do you ever lay it on the line? I’m so tired of hearing how tough Shelby’s schedule is when you can roll into Charlotte and get all you pretend to want, but instead roll up the mountain and scare crackers.

Rams, Shelby plays a better schedule because they are in a more competitive area. But, your Rams will smack those kitties in the mouth. It’s up to you to call them out like we did! Granted, they spank us sometimes, maybe most times, but both end up stronger.

This is rambling, but the bottom line is that this game needs to happen. I volunteer to pay expenses ( for Reidsville). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
Before you knuckleheads (Shelby fans) abuse me, you do play a reasonable schedule. But really? Do you ever lay it on the line?
We did in ‘17, well the coach did, trying to beef up his resume. We played South Pointe, the number 5 team in the country. In my opinion, the boys gave a good account of themselves, but they were physically beaten up that game. Injuries were sustained in that game that guys played with the remainder of the year. I remember Josh Smith, our starting corner, playing with a damn club on his entire hand, an injury that he sustained from that game, a few injuries were. Then, the two battles with you guys had the boys running on fumes. That second game took a lot out of Shelby. Despite the early exit, that was one of the best Red Raider teams ever.

I like to see us take on challenges, but that was a bigger bite than we could chew, and in my opinion, is the biggest reason why we are not talking 7 in a row. As the kids would say, my man was “clout chasing” and it backfired, big time, as far as that particular team is concern, anyway. Credit is due to a great Hibriten team, too.

Last edited:

I'm not a Shelby fan. I just stir pots. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT