ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ R S Central

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
RS whips there cross town rival 47-0
That surprised me,and few other people.
So is RS that good this year or is East that bad.
RS or East fan come tell us about game.
As for the Lions the beat East Gaston 46-6.
Strong running game night in pouring rain, also Gabe went 10-14 110 yards passing.
The D looked strong East couldn't move it until after half most starters on bench.
With Basketball loss today now those players can focus on football.
Should be good game im thinking Shelby 38- RS 7

Reactions: UNC91
RS Central is pretty good, they had several good young athletes last year who are back. East is struggling. The jury is still out on CHASE. We will know more about them after the next two weeks.

Anyone know anything about RS? Will they give Shelby a good game and is it worth going there to watch?

Reactions: UNC91
R-S Central ran for 284 yards and 6 TDs last week. They only completed one pass for a 30-yard TD. Six different players had a least 25 yards rushing, so very hard to tell who the go-to back is at this point.

20-0 us--- Rs was big on both sides, not bad on offense, Shelby to much speed, dang we're loaded at Rb for a good couple years

Last edited:
RS starting Qb ran the their offense really good. I believe he went out with injury at the end of the half. Shelby had a lot of quick skill players.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
R-S Central ran for 284 yards and 6 TDs last week. They only completed one pass for a 30-yard TD. Six different players had a least 25 yards rushing, so very hard to tell who the go-to back is at this point.
It comes down to the first rule of defense. “See the ball, tackle the ball.

Yeah still running the wing T, but I also heard East didn't even have enough kids for a JV team, so I'm sure there hurting this year.

Yeah still running the wing T, but I also heard East didn't even have enough kids for a JV team, so I'm sure there hurting this year.
Been meaning to ask you this shellbyfan1- so last week when yall were playing a horrible team that stood no chance why where the bball kids allowed to play? They could have done something special in bball but played in a meaningless football game that hurt their bball shot the following evening. Im not being critical just curious about this.

They left it up to kids if they wanted to play or not, they all wanted too, but I talked to them tonight, and most felt it was a mistake.
But they also felt nobody going beat Farmville

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
They left it up to kids if they wanted to play or not, they all wanted too, but I talked to them tonight, and most felt it was a mistake.
But they also felt nobody going beat Farmville
Turns out the season should’ve started a week later. We would’ve got the increased attendance all season.

Been meaning to ask you this shellbyfan1- so last week when yall were playing a horrible team that stood no chance why where the bball kids allowed to play? They could have done something special in bball but played in a meaningless football game that hurt their bball shot the following evening. Im not being critical just curious about this.
Made no sense whatsoever! That’s the million dollar question. The bball players had no business playing, period. That was a selfish move by whoever called that shot. That had to affect their legs some. I don’t care how young the players were.

Last edited:
I worried more about rain and cold getting them sick
Stupid decision, regardless. East Gaston have some classy posters on here, but just calling it how it is, those players were not needed, period, for that game. I know football is tops at SHS, but that was selfish to the b-ball program.

Last edited:
Yeah don't think we needed them at all, but did hear all coaches let kids decide what they wanted to do...I did feel it hurt them dearly, but also wonder if they also were gased from RS game, they played there azz off

Stupid decision, regardless. East Gaston have some classy posters on here, but just calling it how it is, those players were not needed, period, for that game. I know football is tops at SHS, but that was selfish to the b-ball program.
I agree with you LA. Is the head b ball coach still a football coach as well? Obviously North was very good and ya ll may have lost anyway but I bet it would have been much closer

Before any of US get on here Ill say it

We roll into RS Central because we are big bad Shelby and they basically dont care... Hitting Shelby in the mouth so far.....
Its obvious Shelby is just going through the motions, RS shouldnt be in the same stratosphere... But here we are 2 point lead...

Maybe they will wake up eventually and realize they are going to get everyones best shot especially in this shortened season..

Last edited:
When you show up and expect to win just because of the name on the jersey you need a reality check... And they nearly got one tonight

The game was MUCH closer than this final score will show here in 3 minutes....

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Before any of US get on here Ill say it

We roll into RS Central because we are big bad Shelby and they basically dont care... Hitting Shelby in the mouth so far.....
Its obvious Shelby is just going through it the motions, RS shouldnt be in the same stratosphere... But here we are 2 point lead...

Maybe they will wake up eventually and realize they are going to get everyones best shot especially in this shortened season..
Not surprised, bro. I called this and the Burns games. Knew that these games would be closer than expected. I didn’t post my thoughts on the board. I’ve been too busy. But, RS fields a team every so often, that gives Shelby all that it wants, Shelby teams that went on to win state titles. RS’ lopsided win over East Rutherford last week was an eye opener, in my opinion.

Burns lost Pryor, a once in a decade player. They won’t be as good as they were last year, period.

Last edited:
Reminded me of 2006.... We go up there and are in a dog fight..... RS impressed me..... Shelby will be fine, but it was obvious they were just going through the motions...

I believe it was 05 and Jolley didn't play.Scored at the end to beat them. It was a dog fight.

How was the offense tonight? Did RS drive the field or have short fields? Who fo we play next week?

Last edited:
RS drove the field a time or two. Shelby had a really hard time stopping the outside run. Could be since Whisnant and Boyce were not there could be part of that. We also had them in 2nd or 3rd long and jumped off sides about 10 times. Can't give a good running team short distances to convert. RS o line was hugh and fullback was a load. RS quarterback did a really good job pitching the ball too. Shelby needs some receivers to stand out. The QB looks poised and appears to read the field really well just not many open receivers. That O line did a really good job run blocking and Omar is a beast. Keep working and get the discipline in check and keep taking them one at a time.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT