ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby needs a 2017 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
BandG...you are pretty knowledgeable poster but you love to grab some numbers and throw them out there. Your SOS rankings place Shelby into a mixed bag of all classifications over the state. Of course 4A SOSs are going to be higher than a 2A no matter which way you slice it. Did you see who had the overall #2 SOS is....I'll help you out....2-9 Independence because they play mostly if not all 4A schools. If you were to take all of 1A and 2A and rank the SOS, Shelby would still be near the top just as they are in the 2A only SOS rankings. Simmons doesn't have a human factor to look at....hmm Shelby played up against some top notch 3A schools and beat them....that is tougher than MC playing equivalent size schools. A 1A school playing against all 2A schools would technically be a tougher schedule than MC playing equivalent sized (or even smaller) schools.

Do you think if you put MCs schedule up against some of the 5, 6 and 7A schools from other states they would be #1? Probably no where near the top, but if you put them up against the 4As from other states they probably would be near the top. #1 in 2A is Northside, overall they are #97. Let's put MCs schedule in the bag with IMG and the like....where do you think they would rank then? Probably at the bottom!

Didn't grab the numbers. Took them right off the Simmons website which is used by this Rivals website every week. Please ask Mr. Simmons and Ms. King for their authority and credentials if you would like.

This is the 4a board. If you want to post up here then I don't give your classification any weight. If you want to discuss there schedule as it relates to other 2a programs then have at it on the 2a board.

I think if Shelby played MC's schedule they would have taken several losses. I think if MC played Shelby's they go 16-0. That's the only thing that is taken into consideration on the 4a board.

There is no 5a,6a or 7a division in NC and there is no forum in which to discuss that.

BandG...you are pretty knowledgeable poster but you love to grab some numbers and throw them out there. Your SOS rankings place Shelby into a mixed bag of all classifications over the state. Of course 4A SOSs are going to be higher than a 2A no matter which way you slice it. Did you see who had the overall #2 SOS is....I'll help you out....2-9 Independence because they play mostly if not all 4A schools. If you were to take all of 1A and 2A and rank the SOS, Shelby would still be near the top just as they are in the 2A only SOS rankings. Simmons doesn't have a human factor to look at....hmm Shelby played up against some top notch 3A schools and beat them....that is tougher than MC playing equivalent size schools. A 1A school playing against all 2A schools would technically be a tougher schedule than MC playing equivalent sized (or even smaller) schools.

Do you think if you put MCs schedule up against some of the 5, 6 and 7A schools from other states they would be #1? Probably no where near the top, but if you put them up against the 4As from other states they probably would be near the top. #1 in 2A is Northside, overall they are #97. Let's put MCs schedule in the bag with IMG and the like....where do you think they would rank then? Probably at the bottom!

You're begging again!

Didn't grab the numbers. Took them right off the Simmons website which is used by this Rivals website every week. Please ask Mr. Simmons and Ms. King for their authority and credentials if you would like.

This is the 4a board. If you want to post up here then I don't give your classification any weight. If you want to discuss there schedule as it relates to other 2a programs then have at it on the 2a board.

I think if Shelby played MC's schedule they would have taken several losses. I think if MC played Shelby's they go 16-0. That's the only thing that is taken into consideration on the 4a board.

There is no 5a,6a or 7a division in NC and there is no forum in which to discuss that.

Yes, you grabbed them off Simmons website.

You never give our class any weight....how is this any different? Sometimes little brother is better.

Yeah....let's skip over the fact that MC has over 3 times the number of students as Shelby. Yes, that does matter. Here....I'll give you 1200 boys....take the best 22 to make a football team. Here....I'll give you 400 boys...take the best 22 and make a football team. It matters.

Just glad at least one NC team is nationally ranked and repping....something you skipped over.

You are like an annoying ankle biting dog. You never contribute to anything and only bark as the grown ups are trying to talk. Maybe we should sit you out in the backyard while we converse.

You have been kicked off of every high school football forum in NC, or numerous warnings.

Please let's not talk about contributing! :)

methane-gas-landfill.jpg

Picture of the next high school that will go on a run in Charlotte that will be bigger than 100 years of Little 2A Shelby Football!

Last edited:

You never give our class any weight....how is this any different? Sometimes little brother is better.

Yeah....let's skip over the fact that MC has over 3 times the number of students as Shelby. Yes, that does matter. Here....I'll give you 1200 boys....take the best 22 to make a football team. Here....I'll give you 400 boys...take the best 22 and make a football team. It matters.

Just glad at least one NC team is nationally ranked and repping....something you skipped over.

What happens when you come on the 4A board with numbers. Although MC doubles in size.
Shelby has 300 more players trying out for football than Mallard Creek.......Ummmmmm? :)

Yep it matters!

Again, cant have it both ways. Cant talk about competing with 4a schools and then use your size as a qualifier.

Only thing that matters on the 4a board is how you have competed against 4a teams.

Since Shelby hasnt scheduled one in 10 years there is really nothing to discuss.

At least one NC school is getting national recognition....and is ranked top 10 in the nation.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/nrvgmy...-small-schools-national-football-rankings.htm

So can we act like you MC fans did preseason? Thump Thump!

LOL!!
Looking at geographical location, Shelby has every opportunity to get on the big boy list if you want to really bump your chest. They're able to schedule at least 2 national powerhouse schools in 2 or 3 states and still bus back home earlier than they would bussing to Raleigh for a title, or even the mountains. NC(Charlotte and Triad), SC, and Georgia provide EVERY opportunity.

IMG is not allowed to play in the Florida high school playoff system because IMG recruits out of state talent from around the country. I don't know if they would count in this discussion. That is another thread though..these high school super teams that are sprouting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT