ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby needs a 2017 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge Rivalry and 18-7 is not whipped them bad....LOL! You really don't understand...:)

I am beginning to think you don't understand. Our first year in 2A. Crest the defending North Carolina unified 4A state champ. Shamar Finney (Penn State), Chesley Borders (UNC and the father of Shelby's All-State, All-American Jayden Borders (ECU)), and Bryant Malloy (UNC). On their home field. Shelby with no D1 commits. Just watched the game film. Here is the scoring summary:
FG Shelby 3-0
Safety Shelby 5-0
Pick 6 Crest 5-7
Norris Hopper TD run Shelby missed extra point 11-7
Wesley Pryor TD run Shelby 18-7

That 4A champ offense with all those D1 players couldn't even score on 2A Shelby. Had it not been for the pick 6 4A champ would have been shut out by 2A team. And you say we can't hang.

Can you say WHIPPED! Just face it...sometimes little brother is better.

When you get a professional stalker who stalks the 4A board for the last 3 years. Who makes derogatory remarks about every succesfful 4A & 4AA program in NC. Just afool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton.This is what happens, people start cheering against you. I commend Shelby on their success. They are like Mt. Union of Div 3 Football. Do you ever hear of Div 3 elite programs talking down to FBS programs? NO! They kick butt and stay in their lane.

Appalachian State....

Crest lost by four TDs the week before to Gaffney.

You always fail to mention that Gaffney went on to win the 4A Big 16 South Carolina state championship in 1997. Why do you leave that nugget of knowledge out? As if Gaffney was some weak team or something.

Then you're gonna use the Ware/Kirby thing. That's weak. You're gonna compare a 4A State Champ with a new coach and with 3 D1 guys playing down against a 2A non champ opponent to a new coach, completely new offense, no D1 talent playing up as 2A against a 4A Kannapolis. There is no comparison.

You always fail to mention that Gaffney went on to win the 4A Big 16 South Carolina state championship in 1997. Why do you leave that nugget of knowledge out? As if Gaffney was some weak team or something.

Then you're gonna use the Ware/Kirby thing. That's weak. You're gonna compare a 4A State Champ with a new coach and with 3 D1 guys playing down against a 2A non champ opponent to a new coach, completely new offense, no D1 talent playing up as 2A against a 4A Kannapolis. There is no comparison.

Anyone that posts here knows that Gaffney is a legit SC power although they have been a bit inconsistent recently. Would everyone not understand that the team that beat Crest by four TDs would be a power when Shelby only beat Crest by 11 points? The point was that Crest was not a top twenty team in the nation as had been claimed. They may have been in a preseason poll but I am sure you do not base success on a preseason poll.

Why are you going to base a team's worth on what they did the previous season? Is that not weak? Shelby does not base their success on the game played in a prior season or at least the staff does not.

You and many Shelby posters agree that records, talent, and many other things do not matter when the Lions and the Chargers meet.

Kannapolis was 3A every time they have played Shelby. The last matchup (44-0 AL Brown win in 2012) the Wonders finished third in the South Piedmont 3A losing four games total including losses by 31, 27, and 21.

Anyone that posts here knows that Gaffney is a legit SC power although they have been a bit inconsistent recently. Would everyone not understand that the team that beat Crest by four TDs would be a power when Shelby only beat Crest by 11 points? The point was that Crest was not a top twenty team in the nation as had been claimed. They may have been in a preseason poll but I am sure you do not base success on a preseason poll.

Why are you going to base a team's worth on what they did the previous season? Is that not weak? Shelby does not base their success on the game played in a prior season or at least the staff does not.

You and many Shelby posters agree that records, talent, and many other things do not matter when the Lions and the Chargers meet.

Kannapolis was 3A every time they have played Shelby. The last matchup (44-0 AL Brown win in 2012) the Wonders finished third in the South Piedmont 3A losing four games total including losses by 31, 27, and 21.

Drop the Mic!

Btango-
In your rush to defend yourself, you miss the entire point. And you never tell the WHOLE story.
Who are you and on what authority do you speak?
Will you ever tell us?
The discussion is about the Shelby PROGRAM and scheduling. Some here like to abusively and falsely claim that our program somehow ducks scheduling and playing top tier 4A programs. The Crest PROGRAM examples from the 90's serves to completely refute that claim.
But there is more.
Entering that 1997 season, Shelby had just completed a 4 year series with the SC 4A Gaffney PROGRAM where we more than held our own. Yes. The same Gaffney PROGRAM that won the SC 4A State Title in 1997.
But for you and your mic drop supporters, that is not enough to end the case.
You want to make it about individual TEAMS, like somehow we can figure out who will be 4A Champs in the future and what year and then we can schedule them for that year. Well, we did it for 1994 AND 1996 with 4A Crest and very much held our own. Correct?
We have been winning for so long and sustaining success to the point that hanging with 4A is old news.
We rarely lost to big 4AA PROGRAMS in the 2000s with series with North Meck, Freedom, and Watauga, all playoff caliber PROGRAMS. Guess it is our mistake for not scheduling the Indy PROGRAM instead. The Crest PROGRAM gave the Indy PROGRAM its last loss before THE STREAK. And we were still scheduling Crest.
So somehow the Kannapolis PROGRAM enters this discussion. You forgot to mention, btango, that Kannapolis went 4A in 2013 so in 2011 and 2012 they were one of the largest 3AAs in the state. We were scheduling them.
Shelby was small 2A. And they caught us in transition. Nothing else. Whoopee! They got lucky...with the schedule. That is about all their PROGRAM has to cheer about.
By the way. Do you know where Nick Maddox grew up and played his formative youth football? Same place as Marquis Williams of MC.
"Wonder" on that one.
We can't make this stuff up.

Someone other than crazy pants help me out here.

When was the last time Shelby played a 4a squad?

When was the last time they beat a 4a squad?

Btango-
In your rush to defend yourself, you miss the entire point. And you never tell the WHOLE story.
Who are you and on what authority do you speak?
Will you ever tell us?
The discussion is about the Shelby PROGRAM and scheduling. Some here like to abusively and falsely claim that our program somehow ducks scheduling and playing top tier 4A programs. The Crest PROGRAM examples from the 90's serves to completely refute that claim.
But there is more.
Entering that 1997 season, Shelby had just completed a 4 year series with the SC 4A Gaffney PROGRAM where we more than held our own. Yes. The same Gaffney PROGRAM that won the SC 4A State Title in 1997.
You want to make it about individual TEAMS, like somehow we can figure out who will be 4A Champs in the future and what year and then we can schedule them for that year. Well, we did it for 1994 AND 1996 with 4A Crest and very much held our own. Correct?
We have been winning for so long and sustaining success to the point that hanging with 4A is old news.
We rarely lost to big 4AA PROGRAMS in the 2000s with series with North Meck, Freedom, and Watauga, all playoff caliber PROGRAMS. Guess it is our mistake for not scheduling the Indy PROGRAM instead. The Crest PROGRAM gave the Indy PROGRAM its last loss before THE STREAK. And we were still scheduling Crest.
So somehow the Kannapolis PROGRAM enters this discussion. You forgot to mention, btango, that Kannapolis went 4A in 2013 so in 2011 and 2012 they were one of the largest 3AAs in the state. We were scheduling them.
Shelby was small 2A. And they caught us in transition. Nothing else. Whoopee! They got lucky...with the schedule. That is about all their PROGRAM has to cheer about.
By the way. Do you know where Nick Maddox grew up and played his formative youth football? Same place as Marquis Williams of MC.
"Wonder" on that one.
We can't make this stuff up.

North Meck, Freedom, and Watauga, are and were no where near 4A powers nor big 4AA(N. Meck may have been I'm not sur but either way they were not a power house by any means). You should be shame for putting Freedom and Watauga in the discussion.

Crest is a rival in your same county/city, you HAVE to play them.
Don't pretend as if its a longshot to put Crest on the schedule.

Don't take this as a criticism of the program, I'm just addressing the ambiguity of your reasoning.

Someone other than crazy pants help me out here.

When was the last time Shelby played a 4a squad?

When was the last time they beat a 4a squad?

They beat a North Meck by 13-7 or something like that a long time back... the great 4A power NORTH Meck with no 4A titles and unheard of playoff wins. Also Watauga(when they were 4A). The great 4A powerhouse Watauga from the mountains(as usual)

Shelby beat North Meck in 2006. North was a (very) large 4A school and had one of their better seasons that year but were in the very weak Cabarrus / Meck conference. Star player was Tennesse signee Daryl Vereen at running back. I am confident he was suspended for the Shelby game after getting tossed the week before in the Harding game which film showed to be questionable. North lost in the second round of the playoffs to Davie.

Can't tell you when the last time they played a 4a school and don't care what I can tell you is this

Back to back to back to back state champions

31-1 in the last 32 games ....

Sustainable success that is absolutely unmatched in this state Regardless if they are 1a or 4aa No one else can say that ! No one

Name another school anywhere in this state that has had one losing season (1990) since 1955....

So y'all go ahead and bash on each other and get your you need to play a 4a school panties in a bunch .... bottom line is Shelby is that friggen good ... just the way it is don't care if anyone agrees or not . The success speaks for itself

Now carry on..

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Shelby beat North Meck in 2006. North was a (very) large 4A school and had one of their better seasons that year but were in the very weak Cabarrus / Meck conference. Star player was Tennesse signee Daryl Vereen at running back. I am confident he was suspended for the Shelby game after getting tossed the week before in the Harding game which film showed to be questionable. North lost in the second round of the playoffs to Davie.

We played them at home in 2006 Our QB Montgomery did not play the first half of the ball game for disciplinary reasons ... not that it means squat but they were one of if not the largest 4a school in the state at the time

Sorry that we played them the year they were in the very weak conference but hey a wins a win ...

Dem creek boyz ranked nationally ......LMAO

Well that's not fair of me ! It should have said

Dem creek boyz winning the title 'tis year with all those division one all stars they are nationally known and so much better than than the D3 Mt Union Golden Lions .... LMAO

Can't tell you when the last time they played a 4a school and don't care what I can tell you is this

Back to back to back to back state champions

31-1 in the last 32 games ....

Sustainable success that is absolutely unmatched in this state Regardless if they are 1a or 4aa No one else can say that ! No one

Name another school anywhere in this state that has had one losing season (1990) since 1955....

So y'all go ahead and bash on each other and get your you need to play a 4a school panties in a bunch .... bottom line is Shelby is that friggen good ... just the way it is don't care if anyone agrees or not . The success speaks for itself

Now carry on..

All that is great but as been mentioned about a billion times. This is the 4a board, so the only relevance Shelby has to any conversation here is at it relates to their play against 4a schools.

I could careless if they ever play a 4a school at it is crystal clear that Mr. Ware has the same lack of concern since its been 10 years since he has played one. The ONLY person who doesnt seem to get that is " Nut job" because he keeps bringing up the efforts of the 1990 Shelby teams and some win over North Meck 10 years ago.

There isnt a single football fan that doesnt give Shelby all the respect they deserve. They are in fact a dominant small school dynasty. They play a small school schedule and they roll just about everyone on it.

Its simple...if they wanted to play a 4a squad they would have played one in the last 10 years. Its clear they have ZERO plans to play one.

Well that's not fair of me ! It should have said

Dem creek boyz winning the title 'tis year with all those division one all stars they are nationally known and so much better than than the D3 Mt Union Golden Lions .... LMAO

97 years before Mallard Creek opened their doors Shelby was playing Football. Yet Mallard Creek is already very much on the National Stage. While Shelby's only props come from you guys visiting the 4A board talking about what you did back in the prohibition days.. A School that opened 10 years ago has more State & National exposure than a school that has been playing football over a century. IT HURTS, I KNOWN! LMAO!

Last edited:
I am not defending myself and I am in no rush to do so to someone like I, speaks with no authority. I would question on what authority almost everyone that posts hear does speak from. Further, does anyone who sees only "their" team and the opponents they play every week speak on more authority than others?

AL Brown was a 3A school. They were not a 4A school until the first year of the new alignment just as they have not been a 3A school the last three years when their enrollment was less than over a dozen 3A schools. Shelby was right at the cutoff in 2A playoff ADMs and went small for a few years coming out on the large side this year. It is Shelby, school size does not matter, correct? Granted, Shelby should not be stoned for the losses to Kannapolis or the couple of down season when Lance Wear first took over. Coach Ware is a class guy and his predeccesor, Chris Norman, is one of the absolute finest people I know! But strictly from some of the board posters, when it works good for Shelby it is all systems go but when it does not favor them then it is irrelevant.

I have no problem if Shelby does not play 4A power schools. I would go see them play against a strong squad. Great place to go to a game and have a BBQ. Have said it many times but the team and staff do not have to prove anything to anyone. Let Lance Were decide what is best for his team to help them win another state title. No issue with Shelby's success but the constant longest sustained program, although respected, means little to anyone outside of Shelby who has no interest about the success from 100 or twenty years ago.

Shelby plays a 2 A schedule but yet they played and beat 9 3A schools this year. How 5A teams did any of your teams play?I will go ahead and answer, it was 0.

Switching to Geico can save you a lot on car insurance......LMAO!
Flo-LaughingAnimation.gif

Shelby plays a 2 A schedule but yet they played and beat 9 3A schools this year. How 5A teams did any of your teams play?I will go ahead and answer, it was 0.

Then you should go talk to the on the 3a board where you are relevant. When they create the 5a board let me know.

Nope! Talent was there. It takes more than talent.

This is just embarrassing. You shouldn't have said this...you really kinda stepped in it with this statement.

Pre season nationally ranked. All that talent. Barely beat 2A Dillion who doesn't even win the SC state championship. Barely beats a down Byrnes who has a losing season. Loses to a 3A South Pointe. 2nd round playoff exit.

2A Shelby finished ranked #276 overall in the nation.
This talented 4A team...#465.
Ouch.

Let's predict a matchup....
http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2016/project_matchup.pl
Ouch

Maybe next year you can try and start a new steak...we'll go for #5...in a row.

This is just embarrassing. You shouldn't have said this...you really kinda stepped in it with this statement.

Pre season nationally ranked. All that talent. Barely beat 2A Dillion who doesn't even win the SC state championship. Barely beats a down Byrnes who has a losing season. Loses to a 3A South Pointe. 2nd round playoff exit.

2A Shelby finished ranked #276 overall in the nation.
This talented 4A team...#465.
Ouch.

Let's predict a matchup....
http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2016/project_matchup.pl
Ouch

Maybe next year you can try and start a new steak...we'll go for #5...in a row.

100 years vs 10 years. Shelby Football championship is right above we ordered new stop lights and Ms. Johnson cat was stuck in the tree. You can locate this information in the sports section of the local paper. While the Creek still has more ink than the Cub Scouts while taking 3 losses this season. It's killings you, keep venting and let it all out! :)

Last edited:
Just saw where WBTV has us number 1 for the year.Good local ink.

They give that to a Clevland County school every year. You guys are the only ones who watch their show. It's called giving back. Chairty! :)

In other news Time Warner added 3 more channels in Shelby and Ms Johnson's cat has climbed back up the tree. NOBODY CARES!

Last edited:
Btango-
Some here like to abusively and falsely claim that our program somehow ducks scheduling and playing top tier 4A programs. The Crest PROGRAM examples from the 90's serves to completely refute that claim.
But there is more.

Shelby was 3A then...

Correct Shelby was a 3A school up until the 1997 season. They won a 3A title in 1987 and lost in the final in 1988. First year in 2A they lost in the final and won their first 2A title the following year.

Just funny they failed to mention that when they actually competed against quality bigger schools that they were a decent sized 3A school

I am beginning to think you don't understand. Our first year in 2A. Crest the defending North Carolina unified 4A state champ. Shamar Finney (Penn State), Chesley Borders (UNC and the father of Shelby's All-State, All-American Jayden Borders (ECU)), and Bryant Malloy (UNC). On their home field. Shelby with no D1 commits. Just watched the game film. Here is the scoring summary:
FG Shelby 3-0
Safety Shelby 5-0
Pick 6 Crest 5-7
Norris Hopper TD run Shelby missed extra point 11-7
Wesley Pryor TD run Shelby 18-7

That 4A champ offense with all those D1 players couldn't even score on 2A Shelby.

Frank Lost Password and btango-
We did state it. We hide nothing. Don't have to.
Who are you btango? What are your credentials? We have been thru this before.

Credentials? What credentials? It is evident that none are required to post.

If you can on post on this board with all your useless rhetoric. A blind crack head with no arms would have more credentials than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT